BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

07-10-2020, 07:35 AM   #2465
JDMils
Rep
Drives: 2014 640i Coupe F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Query: For anyone running rear DRL's-- are you running the outer or the inner?

Bimmercode has options for both.

Also, has anyone fired their front DRL's to 100% when the low beams come on? Any issues with that?

TIA--
Depends on the car. For example, on my 2014 640i, I don't have that ability with Bimmercode as my car does not support it. I spoke to the guys at Bimmercode and had this verified. Not even thru Expert Mode.

I would LOVE to have the DRLs come on with the Lo Beams.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 07:38 AM   #2466
JDMils
Rep
Drives: 2014 640i Coupe F13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
That is correct. I paired the devices successfully but after initial pairing, its like the obd2 dongle doesn't exist. The blue light signaling bluetooth is still on. And I can remove it as a known device and re-pair it but the issue with my device continuing to see it happens again. I wish their iOS app worked on my macbook too.

I have a feeling its some new security thing in android that is preventing it from connecting to the bluetooth device.
I had a similar issue. After performing a few coding sessions on my car, Bimmercode could not find the dongle (UniCarScan UCSI-2000 Bluetooth). No matter what I tried, could not get the app to find the dongle. The option that worked was to remove the dongle from my Bluetooth settings on my phone and rescan and re-pair and was good then.
Appreciate 1
Venom374.00
      07-12-2020, 07:47 AM   #2467
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Bimmercode Request-

One of the most useful features that I can think of-

Is there any way to code in the oil temp display on by default until vehicle is warm (say 5 minutes of driving) and then default back to vehicle speed on dash? It would prevent a lot of fiddling for me in the morning.
Appreciate 1
haagm58809.50
      07-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #2468
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Also, has anyone fired their front DRL's to 100% when the low beams come on? Any issues with that?
I was getting a lot of highbeam flashes from others. Coded them as front fogs and that made it easy to change brightness on the fly.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1646587
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2020, 10:33 PM   #2469
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Which iOS adapter do you guys recommend? - I have a 2021 M2C on order. The list of compatible ones are: https://bimmercode.app/adapters/?series=f. I'm hoping to code off auto start stop by default. According to the page, it's one of the supported functions:

Quote:
Auto Start Stop function off by default
Set the Auto Start Stop function to off by default when the car is started.

Values:

Active
Not active
Requirements:

“Front Electronic Module” FEM_01 control unit
Can somebody confirm that this works? - Also, is UniCarScan UCSI-2000 Bluetooth the best option?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:40 PM   #2470
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19x View Post
Which iOS adapter do you guys recommend? - I have a 2021 M2C on order. The list of compatible ones are: https://bimmercode.app/adapters/?series=f. I'm hoping to code off auto start stop by default. According to the page, it's one of the supported functions:

Can somebody confirm that this works? - Also, is UniCarScan UCSI-2000 Bluetooth the best option?
I'm using a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner that I got on Amazon, and it works a treat with my 2020 M2C and an iPhone.

The auto stop/start (i.e. the car stops when it's at a full stop and the clutch is disengaged) can be turned off (and it'll stay off) on US spec cars. Just push the button above the start button (a small amber light will come on) and Bob's your uncle. BimmerCode not required for that.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:49 PM   #2471
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm using a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Scanner that I got on Amazon, and it works a treat with my 2020 M2C and an iPhone.

The auto stop/start (i.e. the car stops when it's at a full stop and the clutch is disengaged) can be turned off (and it'll stay off) on US spec cars. Just push the button above the start button (a small amber light will come on) and Bob's your uncle. BimmerCode not required for that.
I understand that it can be turned off with a button, but I'm looking for the option to keep it turned off by default, every time I drive the car. I read that it will default to ON when in comfort mode.

I'd like for it to always default to OFF in all modes.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:04 PM   #2472
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19x View Post
I understand that it can be turned off with a button, but I'm looking for the option to keep it turned off by default, every time I drive the car. I read that it will default to ON when in comfort mode.

I'd like for it to always default to OFF in all modes.
Pretty sure it does-- Hold on a sec.

I just went out to the garage and fired it up. Since the car defaults to "Efficient" on startup (no way to change that that I know of), the "off" light on the stop/start stayed on both times.

On the euro-spec cars, I think it behaves like you describe. On the US-spec cars, I think off means permanently off.
Appreciate 1
19x459.50
      07-20-2020, 11:32 PM   #2473
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pretty sure it does-- Hold on a sec.

I just went out to the garage and fired it up. Since the car defaults to "Efficient" on startup (no way to change that that I know of), the "off" light on the stop/start stayed on both times.

On the euro-spec cars, I think it behaves like you describe. On the US-spec cars, I think off means permanently off.
Awesome. Thanks for confirming.

Last edited by 19x; 07-20-2020 at 11:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 09:46 AM   #2474
Marlbombs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Will using Bimmercode for simple creature features like lighting, seat position, mirrors, etc. cause warranty issues?

*edit* I know this question has been asked, but I took a car to the dealer for a PPI and they seem to have a new module in their diagnostics to scan for ecu tampering or something to that effect? anyone know about this and if it relates to coding with bimmercode?

Last edited by Marlbombs; 07-22-2020 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 02:50 PM   #2475
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbombs View Post
Will using Bimmercode for simple creature features like lighting, seat position, mirrors, etc. cause warranty issues?

*edit* I know this question has been asked, but I took a car to the dealer for a PPI and they seem to have a new module in their diagnostics to scan for ecu tampering or something to that effect? anyone know about this and if it relates to coding with bimmercode?
It shouldn't because it's just activating features already there but this could be up to interpretation, so just code back to stock upon dealer visits. Since it is not flashing I don't believe it changes the ecu flash counter but I could be wrong.
      07-24-2020, 07:51 AM   #2476
spree
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C 2020

Does anyone know if there is a way to code 'Apps in Motion' using Bimmercode?

Most apps (except Spotify on IOS) don't work when car is in motion here in Australia!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 08:07 AM   #2477
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
Finished the paddles shifters retrofit and coded paddles to Aktiv with BimmerCode. The coding portion took 5 minutes and was so easy. BimmerCode FTW.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 09:22 AM   #2478
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to code 'Apps in Motion' using Bimmercode?

Most apps (except Spotify on IOS) don't work when car is in motion here in Australia!
Maybe I'm missing something. But Spotify, YouTube music, tunein pro, Waze seem to work while in motion via CarPlay.
      07-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #2479
spree
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
Maybe I'm missing something. But Spotify, YouTube music, tunein pro, Waze seem to work while in motion via CarPlay.
Yeah they do in carplay... was asking about the non carplay apps thats all...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 09:27 PM   #2480
Marlbombs
Private First Class
Rep

Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to code a single ignition press to start the car, and also turn the car completely off? I found this post but I wasn't sure if it pertained to our cars, specifically since I have a 6MT? Any info would be great. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 09:58 PM   #2481
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to code a single ignition press to start the car, and also turn the car completely off? I found this post but I wasn't sure if it pertained to our cars, specifically since I have a 6MT? Any info would be great. Thank you
On the 6MT, mine is a single press of the button to start with the (duh!) clutch depressed.

That's unmodified.

With Bimmercode, you can make it where a single touch of the button kills the car, and then everything will turn off (iDrive, etc.) as soon as you open the car door.

That's the closest I've found to what you want. It's something like "Shut off iDrive when door opened: Active".

If you find a better way, post up!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 02:39 AM   #2482
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
?? It's a single press to start as standard. Press clutch, press button - it starts.

If you code "turn off idrive when you open the door" it kills everything then you open the door after a single press has stopped the engine.

EDIT - same comments as above....

Last edited by doughboy; 07-28-2020 at 03:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 05:54 AM   #2483
Marlbombs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
On the 6MT, mine is a single press of the button to start with the (duh!) clutch depressed.

That's unmodified.

With Bimmercode, you can make it where a single touch of the button kills the car, and then everything will turn off (iDrive, etc.) as soon as you open the car door.

That's the closest I've found to what you want. It's something like "Shut off iDrive when door opened: Active".

If you find a better way, post up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Quote:
?? It's a single press to start as standard. Press clutch, press button - it starts.

If you code "turn off idrive when you open the door" it kills everything then you open the door after a single press has stopped the engine.

EDIT - same comments as above....
Lol I'm an idiot disregard the ignition start question. I will look for the turn off idrive option in bimmercode. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 08:11 PM   #2484
lonerockz
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S, BMW M2 Comp

My Bluetooth dongle is in the mail and I'm going to be coding up my 20 M2c this weekend.

Is there a way to have the sterring default to comfort on car startup? My condo has very tight parking spaces and I always start by backing out and don't really need sport steering until I get out of the garage.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 01:38 AM   #2485
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerockz View Post
My Bluetooth dongle is in the mail and I'm going to be coding up my 20 M2c this weekend.

Is there a way to have the sterring default to comfort on car startup? My condo has very tight parking spaces and I always start by backing out and don't really need sport steering until I get out of the garage.
Afraid not. Default is always sport which is the "middle" or normal setting IMO.

I know what you're saying but I reverse out of parking every day and mine seems to go super light in reverse as if the software already increased assistance for low speed reversing. (Which would be sensible).

I can twirl the wheel with one finger in reverse in sport but not going forwards.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 11:00 AM   #2486
Marlbombs
Private First Class
Rep

Are there any risks/downsides to increasing the angel eye brightness to 100%? I assume that is still within the normal operating limits of the hardware?

Also, does anyone know what the default brightness level is for comparison?
Appreciate 0