04-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #1
badbox
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT sunroof

Walked in for MG and came out with LBB

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So since deciding that the M2 was my next choice of car I was only seeing Long beach blue online and reviews also. Was so desperate to see it in Grey and although I am a grey car man I wasn't convinced with Mineral grey. A space grey maybe but even so I was still not 100% on LBB, I felt I would get bored of it or at times wish it was a different colour.
So finally got the call from Stephen James informing me of a cancelation and a build delivery date of last part of 2016.

Went convinced for a Mineral grey with sunroof and electric seats and Harmon Kardon plus a few more bits. Pulled up to dealership and there was the most amazing Turquoise colour I've seen on a car. I mean it was spot on and gorgeous . Nothing like the pictures of online. All you see s blue where as in the flesh theres a hint of Green creating the most Gorgeous Turquoise and due to the fact it earns and warrants such a stand alone colour.....I ordered it that .LONG BLEACH BLUE it is !!!

Love it.

Question, does comfort/sport/sport plus modes change suspension settings or is it purely starring and throttle response?

See you all at the meets !

BAdbOX
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #2
Cal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWs, NSX.

Thanks Japper and BruceM for the correction...

Last edited by Cal; 04-22-2016 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
Japper69
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 X-Drive - Skyscraper Gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Congrats! Yes, suspension settings should also change (along with steering and throttle response).
Suspension is non adaptive so does not change with different modes.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Congrats! Yes, suspension settings should also change (along with steering and throttle response).
This car is not EDC. It has a passive suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #5
badbox
Private
Rep

So the 3 modes change what exactly?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Congratulations on your order.

The settings don't affect the suspension as that is fixed and non adjustable.

The settings affect steering,exhaust and throttle map.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 04:04 PM   #7
BurpZilla
Avid Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpine White M2 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbox View Post
So since deciding that the M2 was my next choice of car I was only seeing Long beach blue online and reviews also. Was so desperate to see it in Grey and although I am a grey car man I wasn't convinced with Mineral grey. A space grey maybe but even so I was still not 100% on LBB, I felt I would get bored of it or at times wish it was a different colour.
So finally got the call from Stephen James informing me of a cancelation and a build delivery date of last part of 2016.

Went convinced for a Mineral grey with sunroof and electric seats and Harmon Kardon plus a few more bits. Pulled up to dealership and there was the most amazing Turquoise colour I've seen on a car. I mean it was spot on and gorgeous . Nothing like the pictures of online. All you see s blue where as in the flesh theres a hint of Green creating the most Gorgeous Turquoise and due to the fact it earns and warrants such a stand alone colour.....I ordered it that .LONG BLEACH BLUE it is !!!

Love it.

Question, does comfort/sport/sport plus modes change suspension settings or is it purely starring and throttle response?

See you all at the meets !

BAdbOX

SOLID! I gotta see LBB in person also. I am a HUGE fan of blue, not so much greenish...picked out white for now. Love white on cars. But waiting the day until I see LBB in person...
Alpine White BMW M2 6spd; 2015 Arctic White Yukon XL Denali
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #8
badbox
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurpZilla View Post
SOLID! I gotta see LBB in person also. I am a HUGE fan of blue, not so much greenish...picked out white for now. Love white on cars. But waiting the day until I see LBB in person...
I never ever saw myself in LBB, secretly was a fan but from a distance. Saw it today and Wham !, ordered!, knowing a satin grey or nerd grey wrap would be possible in the future also gave me confidence and courage to order LBB so I can get best of both worlds
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #9
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbox
So the 3 modes change what exactly?
Throttle, steering and engine response.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #10
Shindo
Private
Rep
Drives: E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbox View Post
I never ever saw myself in LBB, secretly was a fan but from a distance. Saw it today and Wham !, ordered!, knowing a satin grey or nerd grey wrap would be possible in the future also gave me confidence and courage to order LBB so I can get best of both worlds
No courage from me. In the certain lighing LLB looks amazing (indoors), other times it looks dreadful. I myself couldn't commit to a car I only liked when it was parked indoors. AW it is for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 05:59 PM   #11
badbox
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindo View Post
No courage from me. In the certain lighing LLB looks amazing (indoors), other times it looks dreadful. I myself couldn't commit to a car I only liked when it was parked indoors. AW it is for me.
The funny thing is when I saw it at Geneva motorshow indoors with the lights etc I wasn't Sold. Then I saw the colour on a X6M and there I was convinced no way, but then pulled up today (ok brand new and clean) on a cloudy british day and it looked awesome. I hope Ive made the right choice. I think I have as Grey was my only other option
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 07:28 PM   #12
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

LBB is an amazing colour, I've seen it 3 times now in various lighting conditions and i like it more and more each time.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #13
BC321
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

No picture does the LBB justice. It is so much better in person. Congrats and enjoy
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #14
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC321 View Post
No picture does the LBB justice. It is so much better in person. Congrats and enjoy
100% agree! I wasn't originally sold, but since I've had my car, I have fallen in love with the color. It's just so unique.
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #15
ajvdh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
LBB is an amazing colour, I've seen it 3 times now in various lighting conditions and i like it more and more each time.
I've had mine for about 30 hours and 900 miles (Performance Center delivery), and I've already had three total strangers tell me how much they love the color.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 09:02 PM   #16
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Boxster /E46 325 RIP / e30 325

GUYS & GALS!!!

Please please please... Can we not be SO definite on passing on information.

Regardless of the vehicle. If the vehicle has adaptive suspension or not Sport and Sport + will adjust the vehicles suspension.

Please see the attached from BMW.

In the SPORT and SPORT+ modes, all drive and suspension settings are adjusted for more dynamic driving. The engine is more spontaneously responsive, the gears of the automatic transmission are shifted at higher speeds, the shifting points for the manual transmission are shown later, and on the whole the vehicle reacts much more directly and dynamically.

I just want to make sure that all the proper info is floating around.

[/rant]
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #17
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I wasn't a big LBB fan until I saw it in person. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #18
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver37 View Post
GUYS & GALS!!!

Please please please... Can we not be SO definite on passing on information.

Regardless of the vehicle. If the vehicle has adaptive suspension or not Sport and Sport + will adjust the vehicles suspension.

Please see the attached from BMW.

In the SPORT and SPORT+ modes, all drive and suspension settings are adjusted for more dynamic driving. The engine is more spontaneously responsive, the gears of the automatic transmission are shifted at higher speeds, the shifting points for the manual transmission are shown later, and on the whole the vehicle reacts much more directly and dynamically.

I just want to make sure that all the proper info is floating around.

[/rant]
So if the car doesn't have 'adaptive suspension' and as we know the M2 doesn't, please explain how the suspension changes via the sport/sport + setting?

Is that paragraph you've posted specifically from M2 specification material?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #19
Driver37
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Boxster /E46 325 RIP / e30 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy.
So if the car doesn't have 'adaptive suspension' and as we know the M2 doesn't, please explain how the suspension changes via the sport/sport + setting?

Is that paragraph you've posted specifically from M2 specification material?
It's for all cars.

Yes the M vehicles with adaptive suspension allow you to choose between comfort/sport/Sport + specifically for suspension.

But in non-M vehicles when you move the dynamic drive option from comfort to sport a few things change and the suspension is one of them.

You can feel the difference. I just Demo'd a client today in a 228 and let them feel the difference in between comfort and sport going over speed bumps and an aggressive hill climb course we have.

Also when changing the modes you can see the suspension illuminates as being altered as well.

Tomorrow I will post something more "official"

As that paragraph was from BMWUSA
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 01:36 AM   #20
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
It's for all cars.

Yes the M vehicles with adaptive suspension allow you to choose between comfort/sport/Sport + specifically for suspension.

But in non-M vehicles when you move the dynamic drive option from comfort to sport a few things change and the suspension is one of them.

You can feel the difference. I just Demo'd a client today in a 228 and let them feel the difference in between comfort and sport going over speed bumps and an aggressive hill climb course we have.

Also when changing the modes you can see the suspension illuminates as being altered as well.

Completely wrong I'm afraid.The M2 DOESN'T HAVE ADAPTIVE SUSPENSION.
The 228 and 235i might if it's been specified as an option.

I think you need to re-read the literature
Appreciate 2
      04-23-2016, 05:19 AM   #21
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
It's for all cars.

How do mechanical components adjust via a button when they don't posses that ability and aren't wired to anything? My wife's 2011 535 is the same way. We didn't option the adaptive suspension/m sport suspension or whatever it was called so they were passive with no adjustments available. It has 3 settings...normal, sport and sport +. When in sport it gives us the option to configure chassis and when it is, it does nothing. I think what you felt was the steering tightening up so when you turned it felt the quicker steering you associated it with a tighter suspension.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2016, 05:30 AM   #22
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

It appears that he may work for Bmw going by the comment regarding taking a client out in a 228 for a test drive.

I hope he's not telling clients what he's telling us about the M2.
Appreciate 3