BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW Edges Closer to Standalone Halo M Car

11-27-2019, 02:38 PM   #67
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mvious View Post
Also for those checking #s, check from the manufactures quarterly reports. Not random graphs that say "this is based off an estimate of...."
I used the SEC filings, not that you would know how to do proper research.

Quote:
Firstly I never said bmw doesn't refund deposits. So you must have misinterpreted what I said.
Secondly, if you feel as though people shouldn't compare the two companies, maybe you shouldn't make statements comparing them. Bmw has lost its way, for sure, but if you think think Tesla has some special formula for designing exciting cars, I am sorry you are wrong. The only things that are impressive or exciting about Tesla today are things that are inherent to electric cars. Once real established car companies start making electric cars, Tesla will have nothing, maybe a range advantage, But is that exciting? Or is it the instant acceleration that's exciting? Cuz it's not the fart noises or auto pilot crashes that excite me. Tesla is subpar to top european luxury brands period. That being said, Elon is a beast and his intellect is the only reason Tesla has made it this far. However he is a blessing and a curse. For obvious reasons. So don't mis interpret my disdain for blind Tesla followers for a dislike of Elon musk.
Oh really? Who's twisting their words AGAIN in this thread.

Secondly, You are the one who is scared to compare the Companies, not me.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Which BMW Model has 200,000+ individual deposits on it - much less, in 100 hours?
Every model would, if BMW wanted to let people put $100 refundable deposits down. There would easily be millions of 3 series deposits alone, go somewhere else with that Tesla garb.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #68
ron_jeremy
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 13' F25 X3 20d & 16' i3

Halo what, it's like the E31 all over again, bad timing!
The only drivetrain that should be considered to a halo car, is an electric solution!
So If BMW should make a halo car, it should be a EV that beat the Taycan. I live the X series, but a X8, really? Is it needed?
Appreciate 1
clbmw631.00
      11-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #69
x77md
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: golf tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
First "bespoke" M car will be the X8M.
Do you mean that there will be no X8, only the X8M as a standalone model?
In addition to the X8M there will be an entry level X8 M45e and an electrified (most likely mild hybrid) X8 M50i. All three vehicles will be designed and developed exclusively by BMW M so the entire X8 range will be considered as standalone/bespoke M models.
Also don't forget about the X8M pure, X8M competition, X8M CS and X8M GTS
Appreciate 2
pyrat15194.50
clbmw631.00
      11-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #70
///Mvious
Rep
Drives: 05 330Ci SMG, 13 X6 50i

Quote:

• I was not referring to you, so I won’t comment on that further.
• I’m not twisting my words, if I said bmw did not refund deposits, you would have quoted it but you haven’t...
•You can not compare. Every inch of a bmw (or any other top luxury brand) has had more thought put into it than any Tesla. Some have been transporting people for 100+ years. If you think a company can come in and learn in 10-15 years what those companies learned in 100 years, you would be wrong. Once everything is electric Tesla becomes just another brand. So please let’s end this. And let the thread go back to normal
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #71
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Where have I heard this before....

Not believing until I see it.

Also, just give every bmw car an M treatment, why doesnt the 7 series get it? No reason not to
Appreciate 1
cbertels1212.00
      11-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #72
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Quote:

• I was not referring to you, so I won't comment on that further.
• I'm not twisting my words, if I said bmw did not refund deposits, you would have quoted it but you haven't...
•You can not compare. Every inch of a bmw (or any other top luxury brand) has had more thought put into it than any Tesla. Some have been transporting people for 100+ years. If you think a company can come in and learn in 10-15 years what those companies learned in 100 years, you would be wrong. Once everything is electric Tesla becomes just another brand. So please let's end this. And let the thread go back to normal
You can verify the numbers I posted through company filings. I used the graphics because they're easier to understand. The numbers are real, don't try to Fake News your way out of it.

I do this for a living, I wouldn't post graphical images that didn't represent reality.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #73
///Mvious
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You can verify the numbers I posted through company filings. I used the graphics because they're easier to understand. The numbers are real, don't try to Fake News your way out of it.

I do this for a living, I wouldn't post graphical images that didn't represent reality.
Oh are we still talking about One Q3 report?Keep hanging onto that, it’s all you’ll ever have.also nobody mentioned fake news. So if you would like to talk about the flagship M car and what you think it will be, be my guest. If not, stfu
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #74
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

• I was not referring to you, so I won't comment on that further.
• I'm not twisting my words, if I said bmw did not refund deposits, you would have quoted it but you haven't...
•You can not compare. Every inch of a bmw (or any other top luxury brand) has had more thought put into it than any Tesla. Some have been transporting people for 100+ years. If you think a company can come in and learn in 10-15 years what those companies learned in 100 years, you would be wrong. Once everything is electric Tesla becomes just another brand. So please let's end this. And let the thread go back to normal

He is just another flat earther who will deny realty for as long as people denied the Earth was round.

Meanwhile Tesla has created excitement in an Industry that has reached peak autos with everyone but the boomers - while BMW Car sales continue to hemorrhage.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #75
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Oh are we still talking about One Q3 report?Keep hanging onto that, it's all you'll ever have.also nobody mentioned fake news. So if you would like to talk about the flagship M car and what you think it will be, be my guest. If not, stfu
If you could read the chart or numbers, you'd realize it's not just 1 Q3 report.

But that would be asking too much of you.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      11-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #76
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh are we still talking about One Q3 report?Keep hanging onto that, it's all you'll ever have.also nobody mentioned fake news. So if you would like to talk about the flagship M car and what you think it will be, be my guest. If not, stfu
If you could read the chart or numbers, you'd realize it's not just 1 Q3 report.

He has three rep points. Seems like double digits might be a ways off.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4479.50
      11-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #77
///Mvious
Rep

Quote:
I'm not saying one of you is comically off base, but I kind of am.

[IMG]https://cleantechnica.com/files/2019...nica-2.png.png[/IMG]
That chart you posted? That is 3/4 only?
Well I just realized you are from Texas. I’m not going to bother arguing with someone from a state that teaches that the south won the civil war. Sure there’s some smart educated people in Texas but you clearly aren’t one.

Last edited by ///Mvious; 11-27-2019 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #78
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not saying one of you is comically off base, but I kind of am.

[IMG]https://cleantechnica.com/files/2019...nica-2.png.png[/IMG]
That chart you posted? That is Q3 only?
Well I just realized you are from Texas. I’m not going to bother arguing with someone from a state that teaches that the south won the civil war. Sure there’s some smart educated people in Texas but you clearly aren’t one.
All I can draw from this is that you're clearly from a state with recreational weed and are taking full advantage of it. Kudos.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4479.50
      11-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #79
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Where have I heard this before....

Not believing until I see it.

Also, just give every bmw car an M treatment, why doesnt the 7 series get it? No reason not to
Added to my list of dogmas ... no M7.
Appreciate 2
cbertels1212.00
      11-27-2019, 06:11 PM   #80
GerryM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiC View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Which BMW Model has 200,000+ individual deposits on it - much less, in 100 hours?
Every model would, if BMW wanted to let people put $100 refundable deposits down. There would easily be millions of 3 series deposits alone, go somewhere else with that Tesla garb.
Wrong. All deposits on BMW's are refundable. Having actually ordered a new car to my spec instead of buying used or generic off lot, I know that.

So, "millions" would put $100 down on a 3 series? Interesting, as BMW sold just under 12,000 3 Series in Q3 2019 while Tesla sold just under 80,000. That's what, over 6.5:1

Tesla deposits have a high follow through.

Seems you have Elon envy.
Seems like you wanna suck his d***. I get he is pretty revolutionary, but the Elonites are out in full force over this cyber truck. They won't let one bad thing be said about the all glorious all powerful musk
That's the problem with BMW Cult Members.

You cannot admit others are successful in car business and bringing excitement without resorting to big grills.

As a major publication noted, the Tesla CyberTruck design is a major hit hit everyone, except the Boomers.
Troll
E39 M5 Dinan S2
E34 M5 Dinan S1
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 07:20 PM   #81
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Electrification? That doesnt seem like a halo car, hate to say it.
Appreciate 1
pyrat15194.50
      11-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #82
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

If the cybertruck deposit were $1000 there might be 25% of what "pre orders" they got. I can't believe people aren't seeing that for what it is, a PR stunt. The goofballs trying to justify Tesla sales numbers fail to mention their majority sales are model 3's which JUST fall in line with bottom of the barrel 2 series. I'm sure Honda sold some civics and accords you'd be interested in :
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2019, 08:29 PM   #83
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by low135 View Post
If the cybertruck deposit were $1000 there might be 25% of what "pre orders" they got. I can't believe people aren't seeing that for what it is, a PR stunt. The goofballs trying to justify Tesla sales numbers fail to mention their majority sales are model 3's which JUST fall in line with bottom of the barrel 2 series. I'm sure Honda sold some civics and accords you'd be interested in :
Funny as all the car firms put it inline with the BMW 3 Series.

But if you want to compare it to BMW 2 Series, no problem, as the 2 Series only sold 5k cars YTD through September giving the Tesla 3 over a 10:1 lead instead of 6.5:1.

And if you want to say BMW 2 Series with an average profit of $5000 per vehicle, that's $25,000,000 in Sales Profit of BMW 2 Series this year. 250,000 deposits of $100 = $25,000,000 as well.

Winner clearly is Tesla.

As for ricers, they have moved to used BMW 1/2/3/4 Series this Decade.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:34 PM   #84
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He has three rep points. Seems like double digits might be a ways off.
Interesting enough, I asked a 3 year old which graph was higher.....and they got it correct.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      11-27-2019, 08:50 PM   #85
low135
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

But if you want to compare it to BMW 2 Series, no problem, as the 2 Series only sold 5k cars YTD through September giving the Tesla 3 over a 10:1 lead instead of 6.5:1.

And if you want to say BMW 2 Series with an average profit of $5000 per vehicle, that's $25,000,000 in Sales Profit of BMW 2 Series this year. 250,000 deposits of $100 = $25,000,000 as well.

Winner clearly is Tesla.

You missed the entire point. Their best selling car is equivalent to the bottom of the barrel 2 series. No one's saying their bottom of the barrel 2 series is going to sell more, it's just obvious the Tesla buyer is buying that low of a range car en masse versus their higher end offerings. Real shocker a cheaper car ends up selling more than the rest of the BMW range lol having been in numerous model 3, there's a reason it's a cheap EV. The thing sucks lol and that's the best selling model. But please keep humping this $100 deposit PR stunt. Shits funny
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:51 PM   #86
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Winner clearly is Tesla.

You missed the entire point. Their best selling car is equivalent to the bottom of the barrel 2 series. No one's saying their bottom of the barrel 2 series is going to sell more, it's just obvious the Tesla buyer is buying that low of a range car en masse versus their higher end offerings. Real shocker a cheaper car ends up selling more than the rest of the BMW range lol having been in numerous model 3, there's a reason it's a cheap EV. The thing sucks lol and that's the best selling model. But please keep humping this $100 deposit PR stunt. Shits funny
Again, all car analyst put it in the BMW 3 Series area, but you do you.

Right now BMW wishes it had ANY car that was selling like Tesla, regardless of who's buying.

BMW's car sales just keep dropping. Thank God for SUVs.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:52 PM   #87
low135
Banned
Rep

Defending the model 3 is a really weird hill to die on lmao
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 08:54 PM   #88
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Defending the model 3 is a really weird hill to die on lmao
Defending BMW is even stranger.

Check their market capitalization lately?

As of close today, Tesla at $59.1B and BMW at $52.9B (with a pretty crappy looking 5 year chart). Obviously, that includes ALL BMW Divisions.
Appreciate 1
Canuck335148.00