BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > OGSM/Inertia Lab Custom Nitron R1 Review

03-12-2024, 04:18 PM   #45
Brokenbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2c and S2000

how're the camber plates with rattling and knocking? thinking about these for my daily/track car.
have vorschlags on stock suspension and have a light knocking noise over small bumps and cats eyes. checked everything a few time and nothings loose

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 07:07 PM   #46
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenbones View Post
how're the camber plates with rattling and knocking? thinking about these for my daily/track car.
have vorschlags on stock suspension and have a light knocking noise over small bumps and cats eyes. checked everything a few time and nothings loose

thanks
No rattling or knocking. This car is my daily driver and I’m a certified NVH crybaby.
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2024, 04:27 AM   #47
gnx
Όλα ρόδες
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
I don't get any sort of knocking from mine either. Depending on the age and condition of the blacktop, I do hear more road rumble but part of it should be attributed to the Cup2s.

I do hear some squeaking/squealing noises from the rear driving over tarmac undulations at low speed speeds but it is neither annoying nor tiring.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2024, 10:11 PM   #48
fleetfoot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2013 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Fall '24 Barber meet. Need to look into getting something setup. Would be a blast to get a bunch of bmw's together out there.
I've currently got the stock suspension on my M2, but I'm strongly considering a set of Nitrons or MCS. It'd be great to drive Barber with some other M2 folks to check out setups. JustTrackIt is an awesome HPDE group and has a 2 day event Nov 16-17 if that would work for you guys. CrashFL think you might be able to join?
      05-01-2024, 09:59 AM   #49
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfoot View Post
I've currently got the stock suspension on my M2, but I'm strongly considering a set of Nitrons or MCS. It'd be great to drive Barber with some other M2 folks to check out setups. JustTrackIt is an awesome HPDE group and has a 2 day event Nov 16-17 if that would work for you guys. CrashFL think you might be able to join?
That actually might be a good weekend to head up! Will have to keep that weekend open - love to get back to Barber this year. I'll mention it to CrashFL this weekend - will see him at COTA.

Either of those two options are going to be big improvements over the stock. Of course our Nitrons are far superior but the MCS aren't too shabby either
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 12:22 PM   #50
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I’ll be there. You’re welcome to hop in the passenger seat with me and check em out but heads up this can be an expensive passenger lap it certainly was for me when I rode with Anonymoose.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 08:02 PM   #51
fleetfoot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2013 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
I’ll be there. You’re welcome to hop in the passenger seat with me and check em out but heads up this can be an expensive passenger lap it certainly was for me when I rode with Anonymoose.
Haha fair enough! I’m actually planning to be at Barber 6/22-23 with JTI as well if you’re around.

Do you feel like your suspension upgrade helped you become a better driver (not just faster)? I’m still struggling to feel confident at and over the limit in the M2. I’m wondering if a better-sorted suspension might help…or if I might need to switch to a more communicative car like an 86 or Miata to improve my skills.
      05-01-2024, 08:45 PM   #52
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Haha fair enough! I’m actually planning to be at Barber 6/22-23 with JTI as well if you’re around.

Do you feel like your suspension upgrade helped you become a better driver (not just faster)? I’m still struggling to feel confident at and over the limit in the M2. I’m wondering if a better-sorted suspension might help…or if I might need to switch to a more communicative car like an 86 or Miata to improve my skills.
Yes but it also depends on your seat time.
I had the issue on ohlins where my car wouldn’t handle curbs well so the car was all sorts of loaded wrong and landed like crap. Switched to the OG Shark spec nitrons and noticed immediately the car felt planted coming off curving and allowing me to throttle sooner.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 09:03 PM   #53
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Definitely shouldn’t move on from an M2 and certainly not for those. You’ve banked seat time in a great platform. Build on it. Small things like alignment, rear toe arms, and front thrust arm monoballs, and the right tire can enhance the car’s behavior at and beyond the limit.
Appreciate 1
fleetfoot124.50