BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Remus Sport + AA Resonated Equal Length Midpipe

10-03-2021, 09:32 PM   #67
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_M2C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
Friday
How does it sound with the non-resonated pipe? Noticeably louder?
I wanted to give it a few days before writing anything. What I can quickly say is that it feels like volume is up say 10%. It's at a point where I feel happier now with the volume. The drone is the same as before which is fine by me. Rather have more volume if I'm having drone anyways. The drone didn't increase and again, this is only with flaps open.
Lastly, along with the 10% volume increase, I'd say there has also been a 10% increase in a more metallic rasp sound. Noticeable mainly during start up and the first few minutes driving.
Burbles are more raw/crackly now and also 10% louder.
Overall I am happy with the switch but again, I want to give it a few days before writing something more concrete down.

Overall, yes you notice a difference between res and non res with an aftermarket exhaust also paired.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 2
ESB1005.50
Vulpe278.00
      10-04-2021, 08:39 AM   #68
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
I wanted to give it a few days before writing anything. What I can quickly say is that it feels like volume is up say 10%. It's at a point where I feel happier now with the volume. The drone is the same as before which is fine by me. Rather have more volume if I'm having drone anyways. The drone didn't increase and again, this is only with flaps open.
Lastly, along with the 10% volume increase, I'd say there has also been a 10% increase in a more metallic rasp sound. Noticeable mainly during start up and the first few minutes driving.
Overall I am happy with the switch but again, I want to give it a few days before writing something more concrete down.

Overall, yes you notice a difference between res and non res with an aftermarket exhaust also paired.
Glad to hear you are happy with the switch

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 03:17 PM   #69
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Went ahead and got the exhaust and mid-pipe installed yesterday!

Appreciate 4
Nicname348.00
inTgr8r2421.50
M-Pilot4859.00
Vulpe278.00
      10-08-2021, 04:03 PM   #70
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Davy View Post

Sounds epic
Are you happy with the volume? And any drone with valves opened?
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 04:47 PM   #71
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds epic
Definitely quiets down after the initial start-up. I already thought the stock volume was decent, but this setup increased that some and perfected the tone. I'm not a big fan of the metallic rasp and this deff got rid of that. It's also louder under load. Just haven't gotten to listen from outside the car yet. Tone throughout is money!

Some slight drone in the lower RPMs, but I'm not too sure. It wasn't anything too noticeable that makes me want to change it.

This is plenty for me… for now...

How do you like yours without the resonators? Do you have a vid?
Appreciate 1
inTgr8r2421.50
      10-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #72
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:

This setup just sounds so good If I get back into an M2C again in the future, this combo will be the first thing I will do.
Appreciate 1
Navy Davy220.00
      10-09-2021, 01:12 AM   #73
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds epic
Definitely quiets down after the initial start-up. I already thought the stock volume was decent, but this setup increased that some and perfected the tone. I'm not a big fan of the metallic rasp and this deff got rid of that. It's also louder under load. Just haven't gotten to listen from outside the car yet. Tone throughout is money!

Some slight drone in the lower RPMs, but I'm not too sure. It wasn't anything too noticeable that makes me want to change it.

This is plenty for me… for now...

How do you like yours without the resonators? Do you have a vid?
No video yet. I'm traveling so I won't have the chance till next week. The non res gives me that extra volume I craved for and the burples are more aggressive (if you're into that). I also feel like I hear the turbo spool better? Could be a placebo affect but I notice more sounds from the engine. The resonated was amazing but it cleans up the sounds. The only con with the non res is I feel like the first few minutes to warm up is more tinny/metallic sounding than the resonated. This could also be because it's getting colder in my area which I heard from other members affects sound.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 1
Navy Davy220.00
      10-12-2021, 11:44 AM   #74
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Does Remus offer resonated midpipes to replace the OPF filters that we have?

From what I can see the only resonated midpipes to replace the OPF filters are done by Miltek
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #75
Jeff01234567
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp, M-B A220

Garage List
Quote:

I’m close to ordering this exact setup. Would it be fair to say that the new efficient mode sounds like the old sport and new sport and sport plus taking it to another step up?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #76
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff01234567 View Post
Quote:

I'm close to ordering this exact setup. Would it be fair to say that the new efficient mode sounds like the old sport and new sport and sport plus taking it to another step up?
No. I wouldn't say efficient is like old sport mode. It's less aggressive still due to the valves being closed. You can have valves open in efficient mode. That's more similar to old sport minus the burples.
New sport/sport+ do go up a level though.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2021, 03:56 PM   #77
Jeff01234567
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No. I wouldn't say efficient is like old sport mode. It's less aggressive still due to the valves being closed. You can have valves open in efficient mode. That's more similar to old sport minus the burples.
Thanks for the response. Have you ever heard the Remus race in person and compared?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 03:58 PM   #78
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff01234567 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the response. Have you ever heard the Remus race in person and compared?
Yes the Remus race is louder and I am a big fan of it. Just a bit too loud for my personal situation.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #79
Jeff01234567
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes the Remus race is louder and I am a big fan of it. Just a bit too loud for my personal situation.
Did it also feel unrefined and have vibrations and droning? I had a 135i once with a straight pipe axleback and felt like the sound was so unrefined that it didnt belong on a BMW. Was it too loud in efficient too?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 08:39 PM   #80
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did the Remus Race you heard have an AA EL with resonators or without? How's it compare to the Remus Sport and AA EL without resonators?

Btw any luck getting any vids of the new setup? I'm sure I'm not the only one itching to hear it!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 02:10 PM   #81
Childish
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT, 2024 MK8 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Just wanted to post a quick review on the Remus Sport + AA Res EL Midpipe combo. I guess you could say this is on the "quieter" spectrum of combos but don't be fooled, this combo transforms the car but might not be enough for some members. Shout out to mike@x-ph.com, Cynthia, and his team,. The Remus Sport took roughly 3 months after the whole supplier fiasco and him and his team were very responsive to my emails and my indecisiveness to switch from the single mid pipe to the resonated. I also want to throw some "facts" out there before diving in:

-I have had ASD disabled since pretty much picking up the car-I have a moonroof (if that affects in cabin sounds)-This is our only car and my wife does occasionally drive it so too loud of an exhaust was unfortunately out of the question. -DCT transmission-I park in an indoor community garage for both home and work

Ok so first the appearance between stock and this combo is night and day. As you all know, we get rid of the ugly diaper and now I can finally appreciate the diffuser. It's astonishing how much of the diffuser is lost due to the diaper and I now feel I get my money's worth from it. Second, the tips are huge and truly makes the car look more aggressive looking from behind or from the side. I went with the 102mm CF option from Remus because I had dreamed of them ever since my OG M2 but never got the urge to splurge on an exhaust then.

Now onto the sound. On start up, the cold start is more than livable. It definitely has a presence when turning on the car but you won't be setting off alarms. This for me is a huge plus especially with a 2021 model that (for now) is not tunable. Dies down after 30 seconds but if you're inside the car with windows up, you'll survive.

Efficient mode has gotten a nice little buff but the missus also admits its not a huge change in volume but more in tone. Much deeper tone and I'd say maybe 10% increase in volume in this mode. There is no drone in efficient or flaps closed.

Sport and Sport + is where you will notice the biggest difference. First, with flaps open there is now a grumbling sound while idling with the windows down and music off. This was not the case before. Very deep sound in all RPM's with WOT really screaming. Downshifts now have a nice sound where they were basically non existent on stock. There is the "VRRRAP" sound also when hitting the 6-7k RPM range which was also basically non existent on stock. Windows up I notice that I have to crank my music up a bit higher if I want to tune out the exhaust. But you can still easily have a convo or listen to music. Windows down is where you can really hear the exhaust sing. If you are looking for a setup that screams even with windows down, then the Remus Race is the option you are looking for.

Onto droning… There is drone present at the 2.5-3k RPM range when accelerating with flaps open in sport/sport +. In efficient or with flaps closed there is absolutely no drone. The drone is mostly present when accelerating in lower speeds around town, not so much on the highway. So in the end this setup is civil when you need to be and rowdy when you want to be.

I have tried burbles on and off for about a day each. Still unsure what I will choose as my default but for now I will say, the burbles can be annoying cruising around a neighborhood. They have significantly gotten louder and a bit longer. The day that I drove with them off though, I did find myself yearning for something after letting off the gas. Hopefully once a tune is available, I'll be able to customize a bit of burbles but that's an issue for the future.

Overall I think this setup has done everything I wanted it to do. There is no rasp, a much deeper tone, high RPM's sound great now, and the backend looks a thousand times better. Hard to quantify these things but I guess I would say this setup is 30-40% louder than stock.
The only thing I would say is that I do find myself maybe wishing it was a tad louder and with that, I may look into changing my resonated pipes for non resonated to compare. I showed some family and friends the setup and they can't see why I would want it louder but for several members here, I can see this setup not being enough. I may also try one of the controllers to set the exhaust flaps to always open and see if that satisfies my desire for a "little" more sound.

Below is a sound clip comparing stock to my setup. After hearing different setups around my area I can only say, videos never do these setups justice. It is louder in person as has been the case with the other setups I have heard from other forum members.
I will try my best to get sound clips of some fly-bys but due to the storm here in the NY/NJ area I didn't have time to find a good street to record.
And as always, headphones are best to hear the difference
That sounds amazing! I have the Remus exhaust as well and it looks like a lot of people are going with this combination! Are there recommended downpipes or using the OEM ones?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 07:45 AM   #82
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childish View Post
Quote:
Just wanted to post a quick review on the Remus Sport + AA Res EL Midpipe combo. I guess you could say this is on the "quieter" spectrum of combos but don't be fooled, this combo transforms the car but might not be enough for some members. Shout out to mike@x-ph.com, Cynthia, and his team,. The Remus Sport took roughly 3 months after the whole supplier fiasco and him and his team were very responsive to my emails and my indecisiveness to switch from the single mid pipe to the resonated. I also want to throw some "facts" out there before diving in:

-I have had ASD disabled since pretty much picking up the car-I have a moonroof (if that affects in cabin sounds)-This is our only car and my wife does occasionally drive it so too loud of an exhaust was unfortunately out of the question. -DCT transmission-I park in an indoor community garage for both home and work

Ok so first the appearance between stock and this combo is night and day. As you all know, we get rid of the ugly diaper and now I can finally appreciate the diffuser. It's astonishing how much of the diffuser is lost due to the diaper and I now feel I get my money's worth from it. Second, the tips are huge and truly makes the car look more aggressive looking from behind or from the side. I went with the 102mm CF option from Remus because I had dreamed of them ever since my OG M2 but never got the urge to splurge on an exhaust then.

Now onto the sound. On start up, the cold start is more than livable. It definitely has a presence when turning on the car but you won't be setting off alarms. This for me is a huge plus especially with a 2021 model that (for now) is not tunable. Dies down after 30 seconds but if you're inside the car with windows up, you'll survive.

Efficient mode has gotten a nice little buff but the missus also admits its not a huge change in volume but more in tone. Much deeper tone and I'd say maybe 10% increase in volume in this mode. There is no drone in efficient or flaps closed.

Sport and Sport + is where you will notice the biggest difference. First, with flaps open there is now a grumbling sound while idling with the windows down and music off. This was not the case before. Very deep sound in all RPM's with WOT really screaming. Downshifts now have a nice sound where they were basically non existent on stock. There is the "VRRRAP" sound also when hitting the 6-7k RPM range which was also basically non existent on stock. Windows up I notice that I have to crank my music up a bit higher if I want to tune out the exhaust. But you can still easily have a convo or listen to music. Windows down is where you can really hear the exhaust sing. If you are looking for a setup that screams even with windows down, then the Remus Race is the option you are looking for.

Onto droning… There is drone present at the 2.5-3k RPM range when accelerating with flaps open in sport/sport +. In efficient or with flaps closed there is absolutely no drone. The drone is mostly present when accelerating in lower speeds around town, not so much on the highway. So in the end this setup is civil when you need to be and rowdy when you want to be.

I have tried burbles on and off for about a day each. Still unsure what I will choose as my default but for now I will say, the burbles can be annoying cruising around a neighborhood. They have significantly gotten louder and a bit longer. The day that I drove with them off though, I did find myself yearning for something after letting off the gas. Hopefully once a tune is available, I'll be able to customize a bit of burbles but that's an issue for the future.

Overall I think this setup has done everything I wanted it to do. There is no rasp, a much deeper tone, high RPM's sound great now, and the backend looks a thousand times better. Hard to quantify these things but I guess I would say this setup is 30-40% louder than stock.
The only thing I would say is that I do find myself maybe wishing it was a tad louder and with that, I may look into changing my resonated pipes for non resonated to compare. I showed some family and friends the setup and they can't see why I would want it louder but for several members here, I can see this setup not being enough. I may also try one of the controllers to set the exhaust flaps to always open and see if that satisfies my desire for a "little" more sound.

Below is a sound clip comparing stock to my setup. After hearing different setups around my area I can only say, videos never do these setups justice. It is louder in person as has been the case with the other setups I have heard from other forum members.
I will try my best to get sound clips of some fly-bys but due to the storm here in the NY/NJ area I didn't have time to find a good street to record.
And as always, headphones are best to hear the difference
That sounds amazing! I have the Remus exhaust as well and it looks like a lot of people are going with this combination! Are there recommended downpipes or using the OEM ones?
Any downpipe is fine if you're not touching the midpipe.
For single midpipe, I think catless is the most recommended.
For equal length Im not sure but I heard not to mix catless dp's. Very raspy
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2021, 02:19 PM   #83
Rumbloki
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Faster than most

Curious to see if drone in your car has diminished at all after driving a while.

I had a Mustang with painful drone at 2500. It felt like my eardrums were bleeding. After a few hundred miles of burn-in, the drone was gone. All that remained was the deep tone of 3" pipes.
      11-02-2021, 02:21 PM   #84
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbloki View Post
Curious to see if drone in your car has diminished at all after driving a while.

I had a Mustang with painful drone at 2500. It felt like my eardrums were bleeding. After a few hundred miles of burn-in, the drone was gone. All that remained was the deep tone of 3" pipes.
That's possible and I feel as if I've read another thread where a member has mentioned the drone has reduced over time so that's a possibility.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 04:40 PM   #85
haihai918
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model YP

how well does it solve the diaper look of the OEM muffler? OP can you share more pics?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 08:30 PM   #86
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Any update on the Remus Sport with the AA EL non res? Were you able to record any decent vids?

Here are two new ones for anyone still interested in the AA EL resonated.

Burbles:

No Burbles:
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2021, 01:06 PM   #87
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Any update on the Remus Sport with the AA EL non res? Were you able to record any decent vids?

Burbles:

No Burbles:
Haven't had the chance. I live in pretty much a city so I have no where to rev or launch and I'm going on vacay this weekend Sorry guys.
Maybe the beginning of next year.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #88
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:

Burbles:

No Burbles:
Nice! Do you also have a video while driving?
Appreciate 0