BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > How much discount can you get on new M2C?

12-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
desertking
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: C43 AMG / Porsche Caynneu

How much discount can you get on new M2C?

Getting my car delivered soon and wondering if I have any room for the price.... I'm in AZ,US. Not sure if it's possible other than usaa.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

If you can get MSRP or 1K below you're doing well. Best bet is to do ED and get the 5% on the base MSRP.
Appreciate 1
srwatters146.00
      12-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

I got $3000 off MSRP. But I did European Delivery.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
srwatters
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i, '16 X3

Garage List
I'm with the last two posters. MSRP less the 5% ED discount.
      12-19-2018, 06:52 PM   #5
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
ED with 5% off MSRP here too!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #6
desertking
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertking View Post
Getting my car delivered soon and wondering if I have any room for the price.... I'm in AZ,US. Not sure if it's possible other than usaa.
Looks like everyone who's got discounts are through ED. It's too late for me at this stage. Thanks though for all the information. I will take my delivery this Saturday. Happy Holidays guys!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #7
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Ordered 1st of june and got 24% discount excluding m performance parts.

(15% fleet discount and 9% swiss premium bonus)
Appreciate 1
fridex124.00
      12-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #8
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
If you do manage to get a discount, please let me know haha I’m in AZ as well
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 01:34 AM   #9
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

I already provided my discount in some other posts but here it is again.

I received a discount of $3,254 with no euro delivery. Based on the MSRP, it's a 5% discount. I purchased the car from a dealer in Denver and it will be transported to California.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 01:54 AM   #10
desertking
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderlustSeoul View Post
I already provided my discount in some other posts but here it is again.

I received a discount of $3,254 with no euro delivery. Based on the MSRP, it's a 5% discount. I purchased the car from a dealer in Denver and it will be transported to California.
How did you get that? I took my delivery today and not a penny less...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 02:51 AM   #11
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Either blind luck or contacted the dealer at the right time since they just got the car. I just purchased 4 days ago.

I have already posted details on the price break down in other threads. See post #24 in the thread below.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1561880&page=2

I have to pay for transport ($925) and it was not included in the discounted price. I probably should of tried to negotiate the transport fee that the dealer charged or get other 3rd party quotes. I was also thinking about flying out to Denver and driving it back but I'm going out of town for the holidays and no idea when I would be able to plan a trip to go there and the thought of driving 1000+ miles in the winter season is not appealing. Regardless I still feel like I got a good discount since it's still below MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 09:19 AM   #12
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post

How does the fleet discount work? The fleet discounts on cars is typically small and I thought that it wasn't available on the M2C
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #13
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Quote:

How does the fleet discount work? The fleet discounts on cars is typically small and I thought that it wasn't available on the M2C
Every country works probably different. With fleet discount in switzerland you can get up to 35% sometimes even more! Its absolutely crazy... For M and i cars they're substantially lower.

My employer has a fleet agreement with bmw and other car manufacturers, this allows certain employes to buy new cars from all those brands at very good discount. They have much more margin to play with here...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #14
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So you paid MSRP? I believe that's fair especially with a lot of dealers charging mark ups and I assume you were able to build it yourself with the color/options you wanted.

Back in June I wa able to get a MC2 allocation at MSRP. I passed on it in Aug for for many reasons and if you're interested, you can review the my here. I also included some pre-delivery pics that the CA set me.

Post #53
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1515072&page=3

The M2C that I purchased from Denver was a dealer build . Who else would option a $50 first aid kit that I never wanted. The steel pedals will probably be nice but $275 seems overpriced. In the end it's in the color I wanted, had the two options I required (dct and executive package), and no haggle discount. Overall a good deal.

Last edited by aWanderlustSeoul; 12-22-2018 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 11:51 AM   #15
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I took a screenshot of the advertised price from the dealer website before it was removed 1-2 days after I purchased the car. It was a no haggle price and purchased as advertised.

If they get any additional allocations that have not been reserved, you may also be able to get a discount but the discount I received may be an exception. I'm sure if BMW ramps up production and more inventory is available in the US, anyone will be able to get a decent discount.

View post on imgur.com

This is the first car I have ever purchased out of state. I definitely recommend this dealer and CA. Overall I had a really good experience with the CA and it was easy to do everything over the phone, email, and texts. I only had to go into one of their partner BMW dealerships in network yesterday to meet with the finance guy and sign the papers that will be FedEx back to the dealer. Took about 30 mins of my time.

Last edited by aWanderlustSeoul; 12-22-2018 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #16
MR_M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2022 X7 M50i

Garage List
BMW M2  [0.00]
BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
I took a screenshot of the advertised price from the dealer website before it was removed 1-2 days after I purchased the car. It was a no haggle price and purchased as advertised.

If they get any additional allocations that have not been reserved, you may also be able to get a discount but the discount I received may be an exception. I'm sure if BMW ramps up production and more inventory is available in the US, anyone will be able to get a decent discount.

https://imgur.com/InVdeVX

This is the first car I have ever purchased out of state. I definitely recommend this dealer and CA. Overall I had a really good experience with the CA and it was easy to do everything over the phone, email, and texts. I only had to go into one of their partner BMW dealerships in network yesterday to meet with the finance guy and sign the papers that will be FedEx back to the dealer. Took about 30 mins of my time.
That's a screenshot of OG M2.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #17
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_M2 View Post
That's a screenshot of OG M2.
Yes you are correct. They just got the car in and did not post any pictures of the MC2 on their website. I also thought it was a bait and switch.

The CA sent me some pictures of the M2C I purchased and I posted on a different thread. It's definitely not an 2018 M2 LCI.

Post #77
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7#post24146477

I got it for that advertised price but I also add a couple of options and had to pay a transport fee so bottom line, I got the discount but I'm also paying a little more with these additional add-ons and transport fee.

If there's still doubt that I was able to get it based on dealer ad, I can post a copy of the purchase agreement once I get an electronic copy. All the paperwork is supposed to be FedEx back from the California dealer to the Denver dealer. Once they get the paperwork, I requested electronic copies to be emailed or texted to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 02:01 PM   #18
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes you are correct. They just got the car in and did not post any pictures of the MC2 on their website. I also thought it was a bait and switch.

The CA sent me some pictures of the M2C I purchased and I posted on a different thread. It's definitely not an 2018 M2 LCI.

Post #77
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7#post24146477

I got it for that advertised price but I also add a couple of options and had to pay a transport fee so bottom line, I got the discount but I'm also paying a little more with these additional add-ons and transport fee.

If there's still doubt that I was able to get it based on dealer ad, I can post a copy of the purchase agreement once I get an electronic copy. All the paperwork is supposed to be FedEx back from the California dealer to the Denver dealer. Once they get the paperwork, I requested electronic copies to be emailed or texted to me.
BTW, not having the actual pics of the MC2 posted and instead posting a generic M2 pic may have been one of the reasons why no one actually tried to immediately contact this dealer and assumed it was fake.

When I spoke to the CA this Mon, it seemed like I was the only one that inquired about the car so far. Also they just got the car transported to the dealer from California and I only noticed this ad online since last week (Autotrader, Edmunds, etc.). So I got lucky or just good timing since I only started to look again 2 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #19
desertking
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So you paid MSRP? I believe that's fair especially with a lot of dealers charging mark ups and I assume you were able to build it yourself with the color/options you wanted.

Back in June I wa able to get a MC2 allocation at MSRP. I passed on it in Aug for for many reasons and if you're interested, you can review the my here. I also included some pre-delivery pics that the CA set me.

Post #53
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...072&page=3

The M2C that I purchased from Denver was a dealer build . Who else would option a $50 first aid kit that I never wanted. The steel pedals will probably be nice but $275 seems overpriced. In the end it's in the color I wanted, had the two options I required (dct and executive package), and no haggle discount. Overall a good deal.
Yeah.. I built it back in October and ordered. Paid with MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #20
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Paid MSRP, I've been eyeing this car for about a year.

I don't know of any SoCal dealers going under MSRP. I've seen some dealers bust a sleight of hand where they offer $1000 off but markup something rediculous to even things out.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #21
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
Paid MSRP, I've been eyeing this car for about a year.

I don't know of any SoCal dealers going under MSRP. I've seen some dealers bust a sleight of hand where they offer $1000 off but markup something rediculous to even things out.
BMW Beverly Hills had an M2C that was advertised with a discount under MSRP about 2 weeks ago. When I reached out it was already sold. Color HS and optioned with DCT, Executive Package, and moonroof. I didn't want the moonroof but I would of bought it since buying locally or within in the same state is less of a hassle since the dealer deals with the DMV. I think this specific M2C they sold had a 3-5% discount. It was definitely under MSRP.

I'll have to deal with the DMV again for license/registration for an out of state car. I recently moved to California and it's been a pain in the ass. I purchased the bike in NYC less than a year ago but it's not 50 state emission compliant (missing vapor canister required by California). I actually still have my NY plate on it.

I have an appointment to meet with an officer at the California High Patrol who is supposed to verify my Engine VIN and if the office is nice about it and approves it, then I'll have back another trip back to the DMV to complete the registration. I'm hoping to make only one more trip to the DMV for both the motorcycle and M2C.

On a side note there must be people in California that really really dislike New Yorkers. There have been multiple instances where I park my bike on the street and my license plate gets bent in half. Nothing else on the bike was damaged. I just had my plate bent again today when I parked in Santa Monica. The funny thing is that I'm not even originally from NY.

Last edited by aWanderlustSeoul; 12-22-2018 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #22
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Quote:

Every country works probably different. With fleet discount in switzerland you can get up to 35% sometimes even more! Its absolutely crazy... For M and i cars they're substantially lower.

My employer has a fleet agreement with bmw and other car manufacturers, this allows certain employes to buy new cars from all those brands at very good discount. They have much more margin to play with here...
Wow. Here is the USA, all I got was $1,500 off for fleet discount on my M3 and now it is even less.
Appreciate 0