BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > What would you do if someone drove your M2 like this?

Closed Thread

12-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #67
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Ill-founded again:
  • correct that there's no such thing as 'legitimate rape'; rape is per se illegitimate; that's why I gave that example;
  • incorrect where you suggest that starting off with something legitimate gives you unlimited freedom to do whatver you consider appropriate or pleasing for yourself; you may use your entrusted powers in function of the purpose - not abuse those; if the act you committed is reasonably deemed to be improper/inappropriate by others (regardless of your view), it's abuse, and the customer has all the right reasons to be upset and complain about it; under those circumstances, a signed document will be merely a paper parachute for you and your landing won't be a soft one.
Back to square one: it's about legitimate expectations, the difference between appropriate/proper and clearly inappropriate/improper.
You are misreading what I wrote and making false assumptions.

If abuse can be established I might have a different opinion. So far it has not.

I have no idea what you mean by paper parachute, but I agree that even a signed agreement does not relieve a shop from liability for abuse.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread