BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Counting down the hours!

12-10-2016, 07:26 PM   #1
COBMW144
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 xDrive Competition

Counting down the hours!

Some of you may have seen my post about passing up an M2 at MSRP and seriously regretting it after finding others marked up $5-10k and getting low balled on my trade. Well, the stars aligned and the out of state buyer of the one I looked at backed out, got scared or something like that. Anyways, I moved my allocation deposit over to the down payment of this one and as of Monday night it is all mine! I would have picked it up last night but I am on vacation right now. It's an Alpine White DCT with the Executive Package, M Drivers Package, Black Grilles, Carbon Fivber Mirror Caps and Alcantara Package. Minus the Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip and blacked out side Grilles (which will be ordered soon) It's pretty much everything I had wanted. I was on the edge with the DCT, I've only heard good things about them and am coming from a manual 135i. But this was not a deal breaker, even from the beginning. I only gripe so far is that it has Continentals on it but I figure once Spring rolls around I can burn them off really quick and put some of the new Michelin's on it (I forgot the name of the ones replacing the Pilot Sports). I actually only recently had Pilot Sports installed on my 135i and they are a great tire. Since the dealer said they would have to replace them I'm hoping I can get them back and resell them. Anyways, I'll share pictures once I pick it up. BTW I am in the Denver area, so any fellow M2 owners feel free to hit me up sometime!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
M2BSM17
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BSM M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phresh1 View Post
Some of you may have seen my post about passing up an M2 at MSRP and seriously regretting it after finding others marked up $5-10k and getting low balled on my trade. Well, the stars aligned and the out of state buyer of the one I looked at backed out, got scared or something like that. Anyways, I moved my allocation deposit over to the down payment of this one and as of Monday night it is all mine! I would have picked it up last night but I am on vacation right now. It's an Alpine White DCT with the Executive Package, M Drivers Package, Black Grilles, Carbon Fivber Mirror Caps and Alcantara Package. Minus the Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip and blacked out side Grilles (which will be ordered soon) It's pretty much everything I had wanted. I was on the edge with the DCT, I've only heard good things about them and am coming from a manual 135i. But this was not a deal breaker, even from the beginning. I only gripe so far is that it has Continentals on it but I figure once Spring rolls around I can burn them off really quick and put some of the new Michelin's on it (I forgot the name of the ones replacing the Pilot Sports). I actually only recently had Pilot Sports installed on my 135i and they are a great tire. Since the dealer said they would have to replace them I'm hoping I can get them back and resell them. Anyways, I'll share pictures once I pick it up. BTW I am in the Denver area, so any fellow M2 owners feel free to hit me up sometime!
Congrats!! Post some pics when you get it!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 11:09 PM   #3
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Congrats, happy to hear it all worked out for you. My guess is you will be pleasantly surprised with the DCT, especially after you make it past break in when you can rev to or close to redline and have those ultra quick up and down shifts. My car came with Conti's also, I wasn't happy about it but I have not let it ruin my experience. They are not bad. I have a buddy who has the same exact car as mine but he has the Michelins so we are going to do a comparison once his car is broken in to see how much difference there is. I am 100% sure the Michelins are better but like you I plan on swapping out the Conti's for the new PS4 when they are available next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
arquitecto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
Congrats! Like you I also passed on a car that had became available. That particular car was snatched up the same day so I am glad to hear you were able to get a second chance! That is not very common these days...
      12-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0