BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Dealer Called today with great news!!

12-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #23
_bmwdriver_
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT

For those interested, there is a good link that discusses the bmw production cycle here:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1181156

That said, I'm also going to use this thread (since I created it) to track my vehicle and its timeline so that others might be able to compare their experience for future reference. Note: I live in Northern NJ not too far from Port Newark. It would be interesting to see how much time it takes for the added port installed black kidney and side grills that I've added to my MG M2

So with that

12/09/16 111 Order Accepted at AG
12/13/16 112 Order scheduled for Production
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 12:03 PM   #24
m2tek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bmwdriver_ View Post
For those interested, there is a good link that discusses the bmw production cycle here:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1181156

That said, I'm also going to use this thread (since I created it) to track my vehicle and its timeline so that others might be able to compare their experience for future reference. Note: I live in Northern NJ not too far from Port Newark. It would be interesting to see how much time it takes for the added port installed black kidney and side grills that I've added to my MG M2

So with that

12/09/16 111 Order Accepted at AG
12/13/16 112 Order scheduled for Production
No need to use this thread for that purpose. There is an extremely large thread that gathered quite a bit of data on the order timeline in the Pricing forum.

Link to the thread

I live only 45 minutes from the port. The Port installed options added only about 3 days of time to my delivery compared to others near me.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 04:11 PM   #25
emargul
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2tek View Post
No need to use this thread for that purpose. There is an extremely large thread that gathered quite a bit of data on the order timeline in the Pricing forum.

Link to the thread

I live only 45 minutes from the port. The Port installed options added only about 3 days of time to my delivery compared to others near me.
Just curious, my M2 is supposed to arrive to port in Newark on 12/21. How long did it take for your car to get to the dealer after it arrived at the port? My dealer is in Princeton, NJ so under 2 hrs from the port.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 04:12 PM   #26
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
I just got an allocation as well. My dealer only got 2 allocations, so not a ton of cars coming in. Also, wanted to compare - my scheduled build date is early March, so delivery in April. I got the #1 allocation in the current group as well. Interesting how significant the delay is for the holidays. I'm about the CS as well, but that'll be too long a wait.
The dealer I'm buying from received only three allocations and they do a lot of volume, lots of M cars. I too am first in this bucket. We should have our cars by April I'd think. I'm very anxious to peddle my 9 year old 335.
Appreciate 1
ryem31042.00
      12-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #27
m2tek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emargul View Post
Just curious, my M2 is supposed to arrive to port in Newark on 12/21. How long did it take for your car to get to the dealer after it arrived at the port? My dealer is in Princeton, NJ so under 2 hrs from the port.
Do you have any port installed options? From the time it arrived at port, until the day I picked it up was 8 days total. A few members who did not have port installed options received their vehicles about 5 days after. All were within one hour of the port.

Assume no more than a week barring any unforeseen circumstances such as weather, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #28
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Long Beach Blue M2

Quote:
Do you have any port installed options? From the time it arrived at port, until the day I picked it up was 8 days total. A few members who did not have port installed options received their vehicles about 5 days after. All were within one hour of the port.

Assume no more than a week barring any unforeseen circumstances such as weather, etc.
I think there is a bit of a luck element. My car made it to the dealer two days after the ship tracking showed it as docking (though my port install options were just the black grill and stainless pedals). It's about 5 or 6 hours from Houston to DFW.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #29
emargul
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

I do not have any port installed options. Fingers crossed for no more than 5 days! I have been waiting since March and I am ready to get it. Thank you.
Appreciate 0