BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Huge fluid leak after drifting

03-30-2024, 12:24 PM   #1
spavlas77
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (F87), X4 M40i (2020)

Unhappy Huge fluid leak after drifting

Hey guys,

I have the weirdest story to tell. Or at least I was really freaked out.

Today, I went drifting with my M2 for the first time. I booked a proper drifting course and was eager to get into it. Anyways, I did a first few (really bad) donuts and went to cool down the car on a straight. I had a second attempt, still really short and went to cool down the car again.

Then I came to stop, left the engine running to finish cooling and went to talk with the instructor. When I was walking away from the car, I noticed some water basically pouring from the left hand side front wheel compartment. I knew I did not hit anything so I did not think much about it because the drifting place was hosed and I just thought some of the water was pouring out. But the leak was not stopping and a huge puddle formed (like really huge). I panicked terribly thinking my coolant fluid was leaking. I went straight for the MHD flasher to read the codes and nothing came up. I still had no fucking idea what to do but after a few moments all the guys from the place were around the car and smelling the fluid.

A few moments later low windshield washer fluid light came up and, consequently, we diagnosed it as a washer fluid leak.

I spend next 30 minutes just next to the engine bay listening for any weird sounds ready to go for the starter to turn off the car. But after that time, no other warning came up so I went to drive the car a bit again and then, when no warning came up, I went back to trying to drift.

After all that, I drive 120 km back home and all is still good and I will bring the car to the shop on Tuesday to fix the washer fluid reservoir (presumably).

Nevertheless, I have never been so scared for my car ever and I do not think I will be going drifting again anytime soon.
Appreciate 0