BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > My thoughts on every single intake available.

07-11-2018, 01:42 AM   #45
BMW_MSquared
Enlisted Member
Falkland Islands
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCi

Last edited by BMW_MSquared; 03-26-2020 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #46
18EM2
Public Last Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 DCT LBB

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM2Power View Post

Ths may look cheap but it worked...without the sheet metal and DEI Heat barrier intake temps went up drastically in lower gears and mid RPM range...this brought them to stock and let me really hear the turbo and blow off valve...NO CEL

In the long run I still switched back to OEM.
Why did you go back to stock?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 08:26 AM   #47
agolebio
Registered
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335IX

Exclamation

I think some people should watch this:
Cold Air Intakes Mythbusted [Turbo]
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #48
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by agolebio View Post
I think some people should watch this:
Cold Air Intakes Mythbusted [Turbo]
I've never seen or read anything that would make me want a CAI or ANY type of oiled air filter.

Another good article here.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articl...ter-study.html
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 11:56 AM   #49
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

I've had the best luck with the Dinan carbon fiber intake..

In 20,000 miles of driving, I haven't gotten a CEL once, unlike some other brand intakes mentioned here .
That was the biggest plus in my book!

It also looks and sounds great, plus doesn't break the bank at under $600..

Contrary to what others claim, you do feel a difference with an intake; I swapped them back and forth out of curiosity and I felt the throttle responds was better. Not a drastic difference but discernible. This intake allows for more air to be pushed into the engine, which the ECU compensates by adding more fuel, thus, more power.

Dinan's intake being a close box set up, doesn't trigger a CEL because it tested to allow the max amount of air to be added without overwhelming the MAF stock parameters, which would of usually cause a CEL to be triggered on other intakes.

I wouldn't purchase anything else from Dinan, as I found that they're too expensive for what you get and don't care about the warranty. However, their intake is money well spend, IMO.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mtoosexy723.00
      11-07-2018, 02:55 AM   #50
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post

In 20,000 miles of driving, I haven't gotten a CEL once, unlike some other brand intakes mentioned here .

Contrary to what others claim, you do feel a difference with an intake; I swapped them back and forth out of curiosity and I felt the throttle responds was better. Not a drastic difference but discernible. This intake allows for more air to be pushed into the engine, which the ECU compensates by adding more fuel, thus, more power.

Dinan's intake being a close box set up, doesn't trigger a CEL because it tested to allow the max amount of air to be added without overwhelming the MAF stock parameters, which would of usually cause a CEL to be triggered on other intakes.

I wouldn't purchase anything else from Dinan, as I found that they're too expensive for what you get and don't care about the warranty. However, their intake is money well spend, IMO.
I agree - I had Dinan CAI on my M135i.

For M2 though, the fact that you have to cut away part of oem corner brace kills this option for me. Disappointed Dinan couldn't re-engineer their CAI to fit w/o modifying oem parts.
      11-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #51
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep

I'd love to see some independent hard data on the Dinan. Anecdotal or placebo induced data doesn't do it for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 07:10 PM   #52
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

looks like Eventuri updated their intake again. It now includes this filter housing. Which I wonder if it can be purchased separately and attached to a v1 and v2 versions.

http://www.eventuri.net/products/bmw-m2-m235i-m135i/

Appreciate 1
Poffman493.00
      02-04-2019, 08:01 PM   #53
ecitizen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Anyone try this one yet? Looks good and I'm tempted but can't really find any real world reviews:

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...-335i/?pdk=AQQ

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #54
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

This one is my favorite. Air without extra fuel.

2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #55
Jcab
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Anyone get the cts or turner? I want an open air box however don't want to get rid of any wires or get a check engine light.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 02:57 PM   #56
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcab View Post
Anyone get the cts or turner? I want an open air box however don't want to get rid of any wires or get a check engine light.
I emailed turner and they said zero reports of CELs with their intake for the OG M2. I'm interested in one but wanted to hear more feedback as well.

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 05:02 AM   #57
wassy4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosely View Post
Quote:
I emailed turner and they said zero reports of CELs with their intake for the OG M2. I'm interested in one but wanted to hear more feedback as well.
I took the leap and got the Turner intake. Install was easy and the intake looks amazing in the engine bay. Sound is just right and tons of different turbo noises are present from the spool, to blow off sounds, flutter, etc. Been running it for 3+ months and no CEL. I've attached a pic but also have videos if you'd like. Intake also comes with some reflective tape but I haven't put it on yet.
Attached Images

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 4
Jcab30.00
JTO245246.50
SConn180.00
      09-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #58
Jcab
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I took the leap and got the Turner intake. Install was easy and the intake looks amazing in the engine bay. Sound is just right and tons of different turbo noises are present from the spool, to blow off sounds, flutter, etc. Been running it for 3+ months and no CEL. I've attached a pic but also have videos if you'd like. Intake also comes with some reflective tape but I haven't put it on yet.
Yes I will take a video if you have it, thanks man! I'm looking for turbo sound, not necessarily performance out of the intake lol. But good to hear that the turner one has good turbo sound / it looks good.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 06:04 PM   #59
wassy4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I will take a video if you have it, thanks man! I'm looking for turbo sound, not necessarily performance out of the intake lol. But good to hear that the turner one has good turbo sound / it looks good.
It won't let me upload the video here sadly, I have some videos of it on my instagram @aw.m2 if you don't mind checking them out there.

Previous - 2016 340i M-Sport | AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe | Agency Power Intake | Active Autowerke Activ-8 | VRSF Catless Downpipe
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #60
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

+1 for the turner intake. I've been running one for a few weeks now without any adverse effects. The sound is great and find myself keeping the windows down just to hear it more. Definitely adds to the fun factor
Appreciate 2
Jcab30.00
      09-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #61
Jcab
Enlisted Member
Rep

Cool thanks guys I ordered mine and I'm excited for it to come in! I'll check out your post on IG.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 08:40 PM   #62
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post

I experienced the same. Definitely more power. Dinan actually does R&D.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #63
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotxERAU View Post
I experienced the same. Definitely more power. Dinan actually does R&D.
Looks like the Dinan filter has to be replaced when dirty as opposed to a cleanable one like the Turner? Is this correct?
      09-12-2019, 06:59 AM   #64
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SConn View Post
Looks like the Dinan filter has to be replaced when dirty as opposed to a cleanable one like the Turner? Is this correct?
I have one, you can clean it. Dinan offers a replacement for people who don’t want to re oil theirs for a risk of fouling the MAF sensor.
Appreciate 1
SConn180.00
      09-12-2019, 08:14 AM   #65
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I have one, you can clean it. Dinan offers a replacement for people who don’t want to re oil theirs for a risk of fouling the MAF sensor.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning toward the Dinan at this point.
      09-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #66
Infamus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I have had my Turner in now for almost a month. Love all the sound and the looks. When I open the hood everybody just turns and looks... easy install and no CEL... cant beat it for the price.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0