BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > No Winter Tires for M2C Euro Delivery?

01-25-2019, 09:56 AM   #23
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
What's the current per hour/day mileage allowance? Sounds as if they have decreased it as it used to be quite generous and difficult to exceed.

They don't seem to publicize it anymore in the booking site.
For the weekend rate (Fri 5PM to Sun 5 PM) it's 750 km. I don't remember what the rate is for an hour or week.

They only had M3, M4, M5, i8 available for rent. I regret paying that much for a watered down M2C, I would have rather driven a normal 340i or something if it was cheaper and available.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 08:37 AM   #24
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
What's the current per hour/day mileage allowance? Sounds as if they have decreased it as it used to be quite generous and difficult to exceed.

They don't seem to publicize it anymore in the booking site.
For the weekend rate (Fri 5PM to Sun 5 PM) it's 750 km. I don't remember what the rate is for an hour or week.

They only had M3, M4, M5, i8 available for rent. I regret paying that much for a watered down M2C, I would have rather driven a normal 340i or something if it was cheaper and available.
Picking up February 12, high 30's lows just under freezing rain/snow (extended forecast)

Should I take a chance driving my new car (without winter tires?)

I have a luxury sedan E/5 series reserved to rent near the Marriott/Welt

Going with my father 60 and son 13 just a few days,
I want to see the Castle and Salzburg each 2 hours from Munich

Notes: I suck at travel, I stay on my time zone no matter what, Los angles up at 4am Tokyo the day before lol, this flight is cupcake non stop business class hopefully arriving day I can sleep at 9pm not crash in the afternoon like I always do
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #25
srwatters
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i, '16 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
Picking up February 12, high 30's lows just under freezing rain/snow (extended forecast)

Notes: I suck at travel, I stay on my time zone no matter what, Los angles up at 4am Tokyo the day before lol, this flight is cupcake non stop business class hopefully arriving day I can sleep at 9pm not crash in the afternoon like I always do
My appointment at Welt is for 2/15 and I'm not driving the car, just leaving there. It was a bit of an agonizing decision, but I'm OK with it now. I'm flying by myself from DFW->FRA, then hopping on the train to Munich Thursday. One night in Munich then factory tour and introduction at the Welt. Train back to FRA Friday evening and flight Saturday AM. Short but sweet way to save $3k since I can fly on miles.
      01-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #26
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

If there's any snow in the forecast I would definitely not try and drive your car on summer tires. They told me if I got in an accident and my car was on summer tires the ED insurance won't cover my car or anyone I hit which can be $$$.

I only drove my car from BMW Welt directly to LogInOut, the road was wet but no snow or ice. For my driving around Germany/Austria I didn't chance it and rented a car from BMW with snow tires. I could have gotten away with driving my own car since it stayed dry the whole time but I didn't want to get stranded during my trip.

I also couldn't sleep till about 4 AM German time in the 5 days I was there so I slept about 4 hours a night but luckily I had no jet lag when I got home since I was always on Central time.

I would double/triple check that the BMW Premium Drive people are picking you up a day or two before you arrive. I received my confirmation back in Oct/Nov and then no one showed up to pick me up at the airport. I had to take a taxi and still working with BMW to get reimbursed, it sucked.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 10:39 AM   #27
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If there's any snow in the forecast I would definitely not try and drive your car on summer tires. They told me if I got in an accident and my car was on summer tires the ED insurance won't cover my car or anyone I hit which can be $$$.

I only drove my car from BMW Welt directly to LogInOut, the road was wet but no snow or ice. For my driving around Germany/Austria I didn't chance it and rented a car from BMW with snow tires. I could have gotten away with driving my own car since it stayed dry the whole time but I didn't want to get stranded during my trip.

I also couldn't sleep till about 4 AM German time in the 5 days I was there so I slept about 4 hours a night but luckily I had no jet lag when I got home since I was always on Central time.

I would double/triple check that the BMW Premium Drive people are picking you up a day or two before you arrive. I received my confirmation back in Oct/Nov and then no one showed up to pick me up at the airport. I had to take a taxi and still working with BMW to get reimbursed, it sucked.
BMW Pickup @ airport uses a different company now (since October'ish) was told by dealer, likely why they dropped the ball (German efficiency?)

Boston/Munich weather mirror each other, would I drive my car if it was here? NO, off ramps here are glazed with ice every night before salt

looks like car rental it is, I'm not taking chances with my son in the car, we will just eat out all day buy gummie bears and look @ tall blonde Austrian women (father/son) bonding time!

Gummie bears and blondes with a bmw pickup, not a bad few days with my boy.

Btw, my son picked out the car spec, mean Black Sapphire or clean Alpine White with the black wheel contrast was his picks, white with 6MT confirmed
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #28
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
BMW Pickup @ airport uses a different company now (since October'ish) was told by dealer, likely why they dropped the ball (German efficiency?)

Boston/Munich weather mirror each other, would I drive my car if it was here? NO, off ramps here are glazed with ice every night before salt

looks like car rental it is, I'm not taking chances with my son in the car, we will just eat out all day buy gummie bears and look @ tall blonde Austrian women (father/son) bonding time!

Btw, my son picked out the car spec, mean Black Sapphire or clean Alpine White with the black wheel contrast was his picks, white with 6MT confirmed
Their new pickup service sucks and when I tried to call them at the phone number on the confirmation their phone number was disconnected.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 01:18 PM   #29
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Their new pickup service sucks and when I tried to call them at the phone number on the confirmation their phone number was disconnected.
Recommended hotel(s) Marriott-Hilton doesn't offer ED rates on my dates, EDtire no set for my car and car service pickup is like pulling teeth for conformation, "just call when you land" we will figure it out drool:

German professionalism & efficiency at its best!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #30
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Recommended hotel(s) Marriott-Hilton doesn't offer ED rates on my dates, EDtire no set for my car and car service pickup is like pulling teeth for conformation, "just call when you land" we will figure it out drool:

Use Leonardo Royal Munich if it's available, best rates and very close to the Welt. They should have given you a confirmation for Premium Drive, I got one but still no one picked me up. I would recommend triple confirming a day before you go they will pick you up otherwise you'll get stuck with a 70 euro taxi bill like I did. BMWNA is stepping up and reimbursing me for it but still a pain in the butt. No ED winter tires, I guess drive at your own risk on summer tires or rent a car from the Welt and get ready to pay out the nose.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #31
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Use Leonardo Royal Munich if it's available, best rates and very close to the Welt. They should have given you a confirmation for Premium Drive, I got one but still no one picked me up. I would recommend triple confirming a day before you go they will pick you up otherwise you'll get stuck with a 70 euro taxi bill like I did. BMWNA is stepping up and reimbursing me for it but still a pain in the butt. No ED winter tires, I guess drive at your own risk on summer tires or rent a car from the Welt and get ready to pay out the nose.
Got confirmation,

Got Marriott because I'm a Marriott whore (platinum) getting 2 rooms each night, my father wants his privacy and he snores... got it using points so no cash cost, 3 seats Lufthansa business class, 420k United miles and 210k Marriott points... my stash is dwindling

Renting a car, weather got worse, now 3-5" snow
Attached Images

Appreciate 0