BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > PDI/Build Sheet discrepancy???

12-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

PDI/Build Sheet discrepancy???

Going to be quick, need feedback on scenario for delivery tomorrow ;

PDI today, got some sneak peak pics car looks awesome...but didn't come with carbon diffuser as ordered on their build sheet. In fact, the sticker doesn't show carbon diffuser at all. Delay pickup until installed? which is cheaper sticker/port or part+ labor?

We are supposed to discuss tomorrow am before pickup. Technically no one is in the wrong but I'm irritated it won't be quite as ordered. But I have a great SA so my bitching will be diplomatic lol

edit- added PDI pics

Last edited by Ian ///M; 12-20-2016 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian ///M View Post
Going to be quick, need feedback on scenario for delivery tomorrow ;

PDI today, got some sneak peak pics car looks awesome...but didn't come with carbon diffuser as ordered on their build sheet. In fact, the sticker doesn't show carbon diffuser at all. Delay pickup until installed? which is cheaper sticker/port or part+ labor?

We are supposed to discuss tomorrow am before pickup. Technically no one is in the wrong but I'm irritated it won't be quite as ordered. But I have a great SA so my bitching will be diplomatic lol
Unless your dealer stocks the diffuser, he's going to have to order it and with XMas coming it likely would not be in until next week. There's no way I'd be able to wait around for a few more days. If I were in your shoes, I'd take delivery of it and enjoy it for a few days, then bring it back to the dealer to have the diffuser installed.

When I took delivery there was a sheet the finance guy had me sign that said the dealer was delivering the car and the extended warranty and owed me nothing else beyond that; in otherwords the sales guy had made no promises. You'll likely have to sign the same thing. Just make sure it says MP carbon diffuser with install at $X. You can negotiate the price of the diffuser and the install with the dealer.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
Ian ///M491.00
      12-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Unless your dealer stocks the diffuser, he's going to have to order it and with XMas coming it likely would not be in until next week. There's no way I'd be able to wait around for a few more days. If I were in your shoes, I'd take delivery of it and enjoy it for a few days, then bring it back to the dealer to have the diffuser installed.

When I took delivery there was a sheet the finance guy had me sign that said the dealer was delivering the car and the extended warranty and owed me nothing else beyond that; in otherwords the sales guy had made no promises. You'll likely have to sign the same thing. Just make sure it says MP carbon diffuser with install at $X. You can negotiate the price of the diffuser and the install with the dealer.

Good luck!
Thanks... i figured there is no leverage for either side. ill be prepared to negotiate it tomorrow. I am off all week so my goal is to order at an agreed price, and go ahead with my financing and enjoy it until its time for install im off all week next week so it would be great to squeeze it in in the meantime before the new year
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

You can easily negotiate the price of the diffuser way down. I got mine for right around 760 brand new from my SA (happens to be a close family friend) try your best to get at least some sort of good discount for the "inconvenience" lol
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeconj View Post
You can easily negotiate the price of the diffuser way down. I got mine for right around 760 brand new from my SA (happens to be a close family friend) try your best to get at least some sort of good discount for the "inconvenience" lol
Thank you will do!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #6
fun2drv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M5 Comp

Garage List
2023 BMW M5  [10.00]
2023 BMW M5  [0.00]
I just came from my dealer. My car arrived today and was also missing the carbon fiber diffuser. They made some calls and found out that they ran out of them and decided to ship the cars to the dealers without them rather than keep them at port.

Dealer will order and install when it comes in.
Appreciate 0