BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 at first sight

12-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #1
JDMAF
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i 6MT xdrive, 2015 STi

M2 at first sight

dealer told me there was one being delivered and asked if I wanted to see it in person. Heck yeah I do!

Couple of first impressions.

1. - that ass! - OK really the rear 3/4 view - the fender flares and rear wheels are just about perfect and slightly obscene (!) The whole stance is just mean and low down nasty. This car has a presence - and something about its side view like its just a sawed off high power weapon! Car was mineral grey which I thought would be boring. Wrong! - there are so many sexy shapes on this car really the color doesnt matter - but the MG did look the business. Naasty.

2. Interior is just fine - seat felt great and size feels just right to me. I cant remember seeing another car with this open weave carbon. It is interesting - not bad - just different.

wasnt going to ask if I could drive it - I wouldnt want someone else to drive mine - and the whole thing lasted 5 minutes - but did confirm that I want one - currently first on the list just await allocation - was set on LBB and probably still will go that route but the MG, and I would guess the BSM, are the bomb. Anyway I think anyone who has seen one knows all this but it was my first time and it made quite an impression!
Appreciate 7
BAN_M2C4180.00
SoCalRob281.00
atxsk8r1568.50
NK8825.50
Robin_NL8716.00
shay2nak1070.00
      12-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #2
reppucci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04A6 2.7T(DD), 16M2 BSM MT EP

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
1995 M3  [0.00]
2006 Mini Cooper S ...  [0.00]
2004 A6 2.7T  [0.00]
1994 325is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMAF View Post
dealer told me there was one being delivered and asked if I wanted to see it in person. Heck yeah I do!

1. - that ass! - OK really the rear 3/4 view - the fender flares and rear wheels are just about perfect and slightly obscene (!) The whole stance is just mean and low down nasty. This car has a presence - and something about its side view like its just a sawed off high power weapon! Car was mineral grey which I thought would be boring. Wrong! - there are so many sexy shapes on this car really the color doesnt matter - but the MG did look the business. Naasty.

2. Interior is just fine - seat felt great and size feels just right to me. I cant remember seeing another car with this open weave carbon. It is interesting - not bad - just different.

wasnt going to ask if I could drive it - I wouldnt want someone else to drive mine - and the whole thing lasted 5 minutes - but did confirm that I want one - currently first on the list just await allocation - was set on LBB and probably still will go that route but the MG, and I would guess the BSM, are the bomb. Anyway I think anyone who has seen one knows all this but it was my first time and it made quite an impression!
When I picked up my BSM M2 in July, it was parked next to a MG M4 in front of the dealer. The looks the M2 got..... everyone ignored the M4! Good thing I am not a jealous kind of guy!

You are correct. This car has a presence. It clearly means business in a very refined and nonflashy way. NO doubt about that! . Yeah that ass!!!!!

Personally I think the BSM is the best of the colors. The vehicle lines are definitely augmented by the reflections in the black paint. LBB is very very nice and a very seductive color....but a bit flashy for me. MG would be a second choice.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #3
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:

This is waiting for my at the performance center for delivery next week. I havent actually seen an MG M2 in person, but I could not be more excited. Thanks for confirming my choice!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
BAN_M2C4180.00
Em-too279.50
      12-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
Diver21
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:

Car was mineral grey which I thought would be boring. Wrong! - there are so many sexy shapes on this car really the color doesnt matter - but the MG did look the business. Naasty.

- was set on LBB and probably still will go that route but the MG, and I would guess the BSM, are the bomb. Anyway I think anyone who has seen one knows all this but it was my first time and it made quite an impression!
I finalized my MG choice based on seeing a MG M4 on the showroom floor (with, appropriately, black grills and gills).

It is badass and IMHO the color. I do think, though, they most people are incapable of taking a good picture of the grey color. They always just appear dull and dirty. Of course, most folks are clueless on color balance ...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #5
swilliams
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I literally want to move my M2 into my living room just so I can admire it. Some people think the M2 is ugly, I think it's downright beautiful. Agreed on the 3/4 view - in person it's amazing.

I was just at the PC in SC and there were about 7 LBB and only a couple MG.
Appreciate 1
luvmybmmr305.00
      12-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #6
heart_doctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:

I agree with everything you wrote. I am waiting my allocation. Going with LBB. Any of the colors are nice!
      12-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #7
bi0hazard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 m2

Went to buy an m4 comp pack this summer. There was a not-for-sale m2 sitting in the showroom. I made up my mind at first sight!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #8
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliams View Post
Some people think the M2 is ugly
They're wrong
Appreciate 1
luvmybmmr305.00
      12-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #9
slashrawr
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Passat R36

Quote:
Some people think the M2 is ugly...
Appreciate 1
swilliams262.50
      12-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #10
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr View Post
This is waiting for my at the performance center for delivery next week. I havent actually seen an MG M2 in person, but I could not be more excited. Thanks for confirming my choice!!
I see it still has the white plastic protective wrap on the hood & trunk (maybe other places?).

Did you ask to have that left on the car?

I'm going to get mine wrapped with Xpel, ad would like to keep the factory plastic on mine if possible.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #11
ClothSeats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 1LE

I like the M2 best in black, it hides the fangs.
Appreciate 2
D CHOI581.00
Mavus2027.50
      12-10-2016, 07:11 AM   #12
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr View Post
I see it still has the white plastic protective wrap on the hood & trunk (maybe other places?).

Did you ask to have that left on the car?

I'm going to get mine wrapped with Xpel, ad would like to keep the factory plastic on mine if possible.
No i didn't ask for it that way, I think those were just taken when it first got there. I am going to let them do their usual prep (in all honesty I am not sure the performance center will deliver a non-prepped car) and then I am driving it down the street to get xpel applied before I drive home. Will definitely share some pics next weekend after I take delivery!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 07:29 AM   #13
DelGriffith
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 SO M2C

Quote:
I literally want to move my M2 into my living room just so I can admire it. Some people think the M2 is ugly, I think it's downright beautiful. Agreed on the 3/4 view - in person it's amazing.

I was just at the PC in SC and there were about 7 LBB and only a couple MG.
+1
Trying to figure out how to fit it through my french doors!
'17 F87 MG M2-Gone
'19 F87 SO M2C
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #14
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

I've had a ton of random people stop me and ask about mine. People walking and driving lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #15
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Only time someone asked me about mine was at a car show. Got a car wash last weekend and wash dude was matter-of-fact like, "that"s the 4th M2 I've seen here in the past couple of weeks". Surprising, as I haven't seen another one yet myself.
Appreciate 0