BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > What's the Best Exhaust for M2? What Exhaust Do You Have?

08-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #23
iQuiet
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2

Similar engine, so engine noises are similar across the board.

But the M2 has ECU tune, when you foot off throttle it dumps extra fuel into the downpipe which burbles because of the heat in the exhaust. I would say sounds comparable, MPE on the 235 probs a little louder WOT.

But I wouldnt jump the gun, you can buy an exhaust any time, there are ample for sale, but when you go and try re-sell a part, it'll be very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman View Post
I mean how would it compare to MPE for a m235 because he did have that on his M235
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #24
Camman
What am I doing here?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iQuiet View Post
Similar engine, so engine noises are similar across the board.

But the M2 has ECU tune, when you foot off throttle it dumps extra fuel into the downpipe which burbles because of the heat in the exhaust. I would say sounds comparable, MPE on the 235 probs a little louder WOT.

But I wouldnt jump the gun, you can buy an exhaust any time, there are ample for sale, but when you go and try re-sell a part, it'll be very hard.
That's what I figured. I think he's looking for a little more this time without having drone. His biggest concern is drone while in quiet mode.

In my opinion even with the MPE it was too quiet in sport mode with the windows rolled up but it's not my car so it doesn't really matter what I think lol

Regardless, I'll let him know what your thoughts are and what everyone else has said and let him make the decision.
      08-31-2019, 02:06 AM   #25
thiago
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iQuiet View Post
Full Fi Exhaust with catless Fi down pipe. Is the shit. Hands down!
May I ask is there a big difference between stock dp+fi catback and full fi system? I believe it need to be tuned if you changed to fi dp.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 11:42 AM   #26
babym2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M2 6MT

running dinan free flow+res delete+fabspeed sport cat, amazing, but I got pulled over in LA
Appreciate 0