BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > F87 M2/M2C Future Classics?

09-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #67
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
I could see it for the M2 CS, but not for the M2 or M2C.
Why ? The E30 is not a classic? Or is it just the evolution model? Its the F87 , its all about the chassis and the code of this M2 model in general , nor the editions .
Moflow2484.50
      09-07-2019, 01:10 AM   #68
HawaiiShrimp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2 (MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF87M2 View Post
Exactly same feelings , its all about mixed feelings , emotional feelings too . Its a combined experience , its that unique feeling , the sound , the dynamics , the amazing look of the M2 where if you compare it with other cars , its unique , those curves etc , its not an ordinary car .. sure that will be a legend in a few years .
Good taste brother. Good taste.

Some enthusiasts evaluate the greatness of a car because of its scarcity or being the highest model # of the series. I evaluate it differently. I evaluate it based on a combination of: Price, value, overall package, uniqueness, design, sound, driving experience, fun factor and reliability. It's all relative. There is a sweet spot. The M2 nails it in my opinion.

For example: Say M2, at low $50k, M2 is a great car for what you get. However, if it costs significantly more, it maybe not. There are better choices.
Say M2C, for an additional $8k to $10k more than M2, is it worth the money for the slightly increase in performance? To you, may be. To me, it is not. It's diminishing return. There are better choices. Also, I don't like the newer design of the grill, the rear end and the tone of the exhaust sound it made. It is personal preference in this case.

I am constantly looking for that sweet spot in my car purchase. If I manage to get it right, looking back in time, I will feel happy of the choice I made. No guarantee though.

Last edited by HawaiiShrimp; 09-07-2019 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4031.00
D22M21372.50
      09-07-2019, 02:38 AM   #69
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Too many electronics in modern cars. They'll all be on the scrap heap for recycling in 20 years.

A car you can realistically maintain yourself after 25yrs plus will still have to be old school.

90s latest in reality IMO.

And todays youngsters ain't into that...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 02:40 AM   #70
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Too many electronics in modern cars. They'll all be on the scrap heap for recycling in 20 years.

A car you can realistically maintain yourself after 25yrs plus will still have to be old school.

90s latest in reality IMO.

And todays youngsters ain't into that...
The M2 is years back if you compare it with cars of its age !
      09-07-2019, 04:17 AM   #71
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

Wait until the idrives, electronics and all the plastic gizmos start going...I have to agree with doughboy on this one. Modern cars, especially BMWs are not meant to last. The last BMWs that were really built to last were the E39s and the E46s. Everything after that is essentially a throw away car someday. In my opinion the last modern car that will truly be a "maintainable" classic someday is the Dodge Viper. Always had the bare minimum when it came to necessary electronics and had a good old American, 2 valve's per cylinder pushrod v10 and could compete with anything coming out of Europe if you had the balls to drive it at the limit. Hell the car didnt even get traction control until the 5th generation models in 2013. These cars will all be able to be maintained relatively easily and parts should be plentiful and cheap. No idrives, cameras, heated seats, servos control electronic gizmos, complicated custom and engine management systems, etc...I love my M2 as much as the next person but I have accepted that all of these cars are plasticky throw away cars at some point.
Appreciate 0