BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > N55 M2 DCT STAGE 2 - Gearbox Flash advice please - XHP?

08-31-2022, 07:30 AM   #1
sam_m2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

N55 M2 DCT STAGE 2 - Gearbox Flash advice please - XHP?

Hi all,

I have a 2017 BMW M2 N55 DCT - I have had the car a few years now, around 4 months ago I have gone to Bootmod3 Stage 2 and really happy with the power/drive.

However, I feel like the DCT could possibly be improved, I am aware that there are gearbox flashes, can someone point me in the right direction in terms of which one to go for.

As said the car is currently running Bootmod3 Stage 2 Map - I am aware that BM3 have gearbox maps also but do not state that they are suitable/best recommended for N55 M2.

Thor looked really good but after looking into this can see this is no longer available.

The other one was xHP - this looks pretty good.

I also have seen that you can flash CS/Tuned; DCT/DIFF/STEERING.

(I am UK based and have a Macbook with OBD for my car that I used for Bootmod3 if this helps).

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 11:11 PM   #2
Poffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Did you decide to do anything? I have two cars with zf8’s now and the M2’s DCT is making me a little sad at times.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 02:33 AM   #3
AFatMiata
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW OG M2

I've got a 17 OG M2 and personally went the CS Flash route.

Picked it up and apple carplay via https://bimmer-remote.com/products/2...ts-performance

The site and service is ran by kubax86 and they did a fantastic job can't recommend it enough. There is one caviat that comes with the CS flash for our DCT. In auto on normal driving mode the car will immediately upshift as soon as it can and keep the revs really low, could be talking out my ass but I believe this is due to a data source being called upon on the CS cars that we don't have. Sport and Sport+ don't really have that issue however.

With all that being said the combination of CS DCT / Steering / Diff / MDM / EDC settings makes the car feel much better. Steering especially is slightly lighter and faster as well.
Appreciate 0