BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Battery Dead

04-14-2023, 06:40 AM   #1
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 74 tii 78 SC 20 M2CS

Battery Dead

After leaving my CS for several months on a tender, the tender must've malfunctioned and the battery appears dead. I've charged it for 24 hours and still can't get it above about 11 volts. I've tried to jump start the car as well but can't seem to get it going either....not enough juice with a very dead battery I guess.

Replacement batteries are available at parts stores but I have to buy an OBD tool just to register a new battery? What's the least expensive approach to this or the easiest way to register the battery?

I guess the days of just throwing in a new battery are over.

TIA.

Nick
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2023, 08:23 AM   #2
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

At 11V, you have a dead cell, nothing will bring that back. You can try one of the phone apps for battery registration, ie Carly, BimmerCode/Link.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2023, 12:45 PM   #3
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 74 tii 78 SC 20 M2CS

Thanks
You still need the OBD. So dumb.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2023, 04:23 PM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
After leaving my CS for several months on a tender, the tender must've malfunctioned and the battery appears dead. I've charged it for 24 hours and still can't get it above about 11 volts. I've tried to jump start the car as well but can't seem to get it going either....not enough juice with a very dead battery I guess.

Replacement batteries are available at parts stores but I have to buy an OBD tool just to register a new battery? What's the least expensive approach to this or the easiest way to register the battery?

I guess the days of just throwing in a new battery are over.

TIA.

Nick
I agree with max, if your voltage is capped at 11v you likely have a dead cell and need a new battery.

To register and code a new battery (coding is only needed if you change capacity) you can use protool (you'll need the diagnostics license - but I also recommend you get the coding license too because this opens up alot of features), this is THE best coding app for BMW. You can use it to code other things as well, like steering modes, differential, MDM etc. So it is really nice to have. Here is my review for it: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2003707

And no I don't make any money if you buy this app, I am advocating for it because I really really believe in it and honestly think it is the best coding app to ever be made for bmw, since it can code anything ESYS can.