BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > 2020 M2 Competition deals

04-06-2019, 07:03 AM   #23
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

These threads should include photos of the actual deal workup or purchase paperwork. Otherwise (a) it leaves a lot of questions unanswered about other aspects of the deal (such as MF markups to compensate for discounts), and (b) people could be totally full of it. Or both.

Not to be skeptical...
Appreciate 3
goku7173.00
CSBM52722.50
M3GymNut907.50
      04-06-2019, 08:17 AM   #24
B6capt
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40i, X7 M50i, Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
These threads should include photos of the actual deal workup or purchase paperwork. Otherwise (a) it leaves a lot of questions unanswered about other aspects of the deal (such as MF markups to compensate for discounts), and (b) people could be totally full of it. Or both.

Not to be skeptical...
I agree. There’s no doubt dealers will try to make up profit somewhere. It’s up to us as educated consumers to be vigilant and push back on BS charges. I have nothing against a dealer making a profit, but I am against being sneakily nickel and dimed.

There’s almost nothing outside of the car itself that the dealer offers that can’t be bought cheaper (and without paying interest on it) outside of the dealer network.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 09:44 AM   #25
TwistedConsciousness
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B6capt View Post
I agree. There’s no doubt dealers will try to make up profit somewhere. It’s up to us as educated consumers to be vigilant and push back on BS charges. I have nothing against a dealer making a profit, but I am against being sneakily nickel and dimed.

There’s almost nothing outside of the car itself that the dealer offers that can’t be bought cheaper (and without paying interest on it) outside of the dealer network.
I'll definitely make sure to post pictures of the paperwork once I get the info and sign.

The nickle and diming is the most annoying thing for me. I do not want to pay 1-2k for what equates to some window tint and a wax job.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #26
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

I'm getting mine with the normal 5% ED discount and I'm plenty happy considering many dealers would even put me on a list for an allocation. I found a couple M2C's in the wild where they wouldn't negotiate at all and the cars were loaded up with $1k of unwanted dealer accessories.

I forget how outrageous some of the dealer fees are. I'm paying $150 a title and registration fee but IIRC that's about what most new car fees are in Oregon (maybe state law?). And then there's the 0.5% sales tax for cars in a state that doesn't have a sales tax!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #27
B6capt
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40i, X7 M50i, Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
I'm getting mine with the normal 5% ED discount and I'm plenty happy considering many dealers would even put me on a list for an allocation. I found a couple M2C's in the wild where they wouldn't negotiate at all and the cars were loaded up with $1k of unwanted dealer accessories.

I forget how outrageous some of the dealer fees are. I'm paying $150 a title and registration fee but IIRC that's about what most new car fees are in Oregon (maybe state law?). And then there's the 0.5% sales tax for cars in a state that doesn't have a sales tax!
If it’s been a while since you bought a new car it’s always a good idea to get a refresher on what is legally required, what is pure dealer profit and what is a little bit of both. I’ve bought my share of cars and still go through that process and put a spreadsheet together before going in.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 01:58 PM   #28
SumBloodyGuy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C

I got 3500 off msrp for my 19 6 months ago when I picked it up.
      04-06-2019, 02:42 PM   #29
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If it’s been a while since you bought a new car it’s always a good idea to get a refresher on what is legally required, what is pure dealer profit and what is a little bit of both. I’ve bought my share of cars and still go through that process and put a spreadsheet together before going in.
Good idea. I tried getting dealers to waive that fee on cars I bought in the last couple years with zero success. Admittedly I didn't even bother asking with the M2C after they gave me an allocation and agreed to do ED pricing.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2019, 08:30 PM   #30
happydanny3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Saw a Long Beach Blue M2 Competition at a local dealership for sale. They are asking sticker for it
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 11:47 PM   #31
daap1193
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C sunset orange

Just bought m2c amazing deal

I just bought an M2C in Bogotá, they were asking US equivalent 92k (cars are expensive here due to taxes), and I finally got it for 82k, a fully 10K discount. My M2C is fully loaded even with Harman Kardon and some 19" M Double-spoke style 788 M, Black, that I have never seen. Will be posting photos when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 01:27 AM   #32
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrettifan View Post
Traded in my 2017 (base, no optional equipment) with $40,000 trade allowance against MSRP on my 2020.

Curious about others who might have traded or be trading in a used M2.
Most likely going to trade in my 2017 M2. They are offering $42k for it. Getting the 2020 M2C at msrp
      04-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #33
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:

If you live in Washington County, there's a new levy on car registrations. I can't recall where you hang your hat. It's a couple hundred bucks, enough that I didn't get new plates and transferred my old ones from my 340. I'll have to pay it next year when the tags expire.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #34
diggis_tennis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i Msport

Quote:
what dealership did you buy from? and your SA name?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #35
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
Most likely going to trade in my 2017 M2. They are offering $42k for it. Getting the 2020 M2C at msrp
That's a good deal. I got $40K for my 2017 (20,000 miles) against a 2020 at MSRP but no goofy add-in dealer bumps, just the dealer prep and delivery which is common to all dealers.
      04-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #36
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBloodyGuy View Post
I'm sorry, but this one is hard to believe.

...but, if you did, then well done!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #37
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post

Not to be skeptical...
agree. whoever is saying they got $$$$ discount without ED. post total numbers or GTFO
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #38
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrettifan View Post
That's a good deal. I got $40K for my 2017 (20,000 miles) against a 2020 at MSRP but no goofy add-in dealer bumps, just the dealer prep and delivery which is common to all dealers.
That’s still a great deal also! Lot of dealerships are offering a lot less than $40k right now with anything over 20k miles. Well done
      04-09-2019, 10:21 PM   #39
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post
Quote:

@nomoracin, come on, man! When I picked mine up 6 months ago, they PAID ME $3,500. And they threw in some hookers and Cheetos! Y'all gotta up yo negotiatin' game, bro!

Okay, in all seriousness, for those of us who've been on this forum for what feels like centuries now, every time one of these amazing deals comes up, we've never actually seen any proof. Alternately, there's been some crazy extenuating circumstance that isn't available to us mere mortals. There was one dude on here who kept giving everyone flak for paying MSRP, effectively calling us all morons in not so many words, for not getting the $2k discount he got. When probed a little deeper, turns out his shop buys performance cars like candy and every dealer obviously wants to build a relationship with that buyer! Another dude on here got a $1,500 discount, and we were all like, "WTF? Dealers are still marking up! How?" Turns out this guy had bought like 10 different BMWs from this particular dealer over the past 2 decades. At least guy #2 wasn't a condescending P**** about it. He was just stating facts. Guy #3 bought his from South Dakota, which got 2 early M2Cs, but you had to travel to South Dakota to pick the car up. (I totally would have done it, but the 2 cars were AW, and I wanted HS.)

So, I'm with Mr. Nomoracin on this one. You got a $3,500 discount 6 months ago? 6 months ago when every available M2C was at markup? When Braman BMW was advertising theirs at $20k markup and BMW SF at $10k markup? And there were no extenuating circumstances, like you're the dealership owner's nephew? Or maybe your dad is a mob boss and the dealer owes your dad $1M and is about to get his kneecaps broken and used the sale to buy himself some time? Or, maybe you're Randy Pobst and the dealership is hoping you'll drop their name in the next Motor Trend Head to Head video? Not saying it didn't happen, but on the internet we're all smoking hot chicks, right? As they say, "Pics, or it didn't happen."
Appreciate 14
nomoracin761.00
bri10425937.00
grl.racr382.50
devo755.00
Poochie9104.50
M-Pilot4859.00
akkando5864.50
doug_9992542.50
BlkSVT388.50
OGM2C242.50
qnet681.50
      04-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #40
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
If you live in Washington County, there's a new levy on car registrations. I can't recall where you hang your hat. It's a couple hundred bucks, enough that I didn't get new plates and transferred my old ones from my 340. I'll have to pay it next year when the tags expire.
I'm in Deschutes County so I don't think we have any special levies on car registration. But I had no clue you can transfer plates in Oregon. I'll have to look into this anyway when I register my M2C as there are 3 years left on the plates of the car I'm getting rid of. Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 05:53 AM   #41
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
I'm in Deschutes County so I don't think we have any special levies on car registration. But I had no clue you can transfer plates in Oregon. I'll have to look into this anyway when I register my M2C as there are 3 years left on the plates of the car I'm getting rid of. Thanks for the tip.
I didn't know you could, either. It was a nice surprise as I was expecting to get hit with the new fees. I'm not upset about the fees, I know WA county is having a terrible time with budgeting (specifically for road repairs) due to the fall out from the housing crash. Specifically how far behind house value the tax assessment value is (assessed value can only go up 3% per year but has to fall the full amount if a crash happens...taxes on my house are 2k less than they were before the crash and the real value is now significantly higher). Property tax revenue is so far below what it should be to pay for the roads around here.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #42
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
@nomoracin, come on, man! When I picked mine up 6 months ago, they PAID ME $3,500. And they threw in some hookers and Cheetos! Y'all gotta up yo negotiatin' game, bro!

Okay, in all seriousness, for those of us who've been on this forum for what feels like centuries now, every time one of these amazing deals comes up, we've never actually seen any proof. Alternately, there's been some crazy extenuating circumstance that isn't available to us mere mortals. There was one dude on here who kept giving everyone flak for paying MSRP, effectively calling us all morons in not so many words, for not getting the $2k discount he got. When probed a little deeper, turns out his shop buys performance cars like candy and every dealer obviously wants to build a relationship with that buyer! Another dude on here got a $1,500 discount, and we were all like, "WTF? Dealers are still marking up! How?" Turns out this guy had bought like 10 different BMWs from this particular dealer over the past 2 decades. At least guy #2 wasn't a condescending P**** about it. He was just stating facts. Guy #3 bought his from South Dakota, which got 2 early M2Cs, but you had to travel to South Dakota to pick the car up. (I totally would have done it, but the 2 cars were AW, and I wanted HS.)

So, I'm with Mr. Nomoracin on this one. You got a $3,500 discount 6 months ago? 6 months ago when every available M2C was at markup? When Braman BMW was advertising theirs at $20k markup and BMW SF at $10k markup? And there were no extenuating circumstances, like you're the dealership owner's nephew? Or maybe your dad is a mob boss and the dealer owes your dad $1M and is about to get his kneecaps broken and used the sale to buy himself some time? Or, maybe you're Randy Pobst and the dealership is hoping you'll drop their name in the next Motor Trend Head to Head video? Not saying it didn't happen, but on the internet we're all smoking hot chicks, right? As they say, "Pics, or it didn't happen."
My vote for post of the year...
cptobvious2531.50
OGM2C242.50
      04-11-2019, 06:45 AM   #43
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post
Quote:

..every time one of these amazing deals comes up, we've never actually seen any proof.
Bravo! I was thinking the same thing but it's rude to ask a stranger for proof of a discount.
I know anything I claim, I could back it up with just a iPhone 5 with a crack screen; it's not that difficult.

I'm happy for anyone that snagged a discount but I subscribe to the theory; "I'll believe it when I see it"
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #44
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Bravo! I was thinking the same thing but it's rude to ask a stranger for proof of a discount.
I know anything I claim, I could back it up with just a iPhone 5 with a crack screen; it's not that difficult.

I'm happy for anyone that snagged a discount but I subscribe to the theory; "I'll believe it when I see it"

I am now eagerly anticipating a post that will make us all eat crow. We're going to get a photo showing a forum member:

1. Holding his invoice at $3,500 under MSRP, dated September 1, 2018
2. With 2 buxom working girls hanging off his arms, each one scantily clad in only bumper stickers saying, "Provided by Stevens Creek BMW to our valued customer"
3. Sitting on 10 giant Costco boxes of Cheetos

That'll show us self-righteous prigs!
Appreciate 3
Poochie9104.50
OGM2C242.50
qnet681.50