BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > What did you do to your M2C today?

07-28-2021, 12:24 PM   #4599
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Sooooo- next year then?

I had the Dinan on order for almost nine months-- I finally gave up.
Yeah, I know, what a mess that continues to be...and you sir, must possess the qualities of a monk. Yikes, 9 months of waiting??? With that said, yes, I am well aware of the perpetual delays Dinan experienced from their parts suppliers, but I remain positive that I will get my allocation 'relatively soon' (I realize it's a supply chain issue, so not really their fault). Earlier in the year, I waited 3+ months for the AA EL, which was well worth it.

However, after researching a plethora of axleback exhaust options, the best sounding exhaust to my ears is still Dinan*...this particular video sealed the deal for the Dinan: exactly the exhaust signature I am aiming for. Albeit it's an M4, it has exact same setup: stock DPs, AA non res EL, Dinan axleback, no burbles, no tune.

* my opinion only, and not to diminish the improvement factor the other exhaust options can offer aka Remus, AA, MPE, Arka, etc.
      07-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #4600
Steelguin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HHS/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3awak3n View Post
Finally installed the turner high lick spoiler
any good pics of it? From the side and from back?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 02:56 PM   #4601
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So...how does it taste?

Kidding aside, this spoiler looks massive, so likely should have a better aerodynamic effect. BTW, any issues gluing this on? Most CF spoilers aren't straight/flushed with the boot

Last edited by No_curebimmer; 07-28-2021 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 02:58 PM   #4602
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
Nice! What did you use? I just cleaned my wheels (the rest of the car not so much) after 1400 miles last night.
It's crazy how quickly it builds - after that many miles I felt I could build new brake pads out of all the dust

I used Sonax and a coin-op powerwasher and they are all the better for it. Effectively being on the road for 2 months is going to make the cleaning a a bit of a pain.
i didnt break out the powerwasher this time...just a bucket of soapy water (armour all car wash soap) and a microfiber rag.

honestly, while tedious, i really didnt have to scrub hard to remove the dust since it's only been about 6 weeks since i started driving it. i dont think the build up was too bad. i think it's just one of those things that if you keep up with it regularly, it wont be horrible...

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2021, 03:03 PM   #4603
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Fixed
Attached Images

07-28-2021, 03:24 PM   #4604
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Going through my mechanic's notes today and I thought I'd throw out the settings they used for the M-P coilovers. (The mechanic's notes actually say that it rides better than the TCK setup, which sort of cracked me up). Settings were fettled during multiple test drives by a truly outstanding shop that does a lot of race work on BMW's-- call it "Aggressive Street w/ Occasional Track". Their recommendation is that unless/unitl I get very serious about tracking the car more than just occasionally, to just learn it as is and don't do anything to the suspension for Track Days-- I'm planning on following their advice. I'll swap wheels/tires to the same size Apex's and Cup2's and eventually change the brake pads & fluid (after I use up my extended warranty set), but that's about it for a track weekend.

NOTE: Bear in mind that this setup is ONLY for the M-P coilovers with Apex EC-7 wheels (Front:19x9.5, ET28, 22.65 lbs. Rear:19x10.5, ET45, 23.4 lbs), Michelin MP4S tires (255/35/19 & 275/35/19), and a Carbahn Stage I tune (with a LOT more hp/tq). YMMV unless you're running that exact setup.

This is what BMW recommends--

BMW M Performance Suspension Settings from booklet BA-220:
Street:
Front- Compression- 6 clicks open, Rebound- 9 clicks open.
Rear- Compression- 6 clicks open, Rebound- 12 clicks open.

Track:
Front- Compression- 4 clicks open, Rebound- 7 clicks open.
Rear- Compression- 4 clicks open, Rebound- 10 clicks open.

The settings we ended up with:
Front- Compression- 10 of 16 total, Rebound- 9 of 18 total.
Rear- Compression- 10 of 16 total, Rebound- 6 of 18 total.

I know next to nothing about suspension setup (other than theoretical knowledge), but the settings are pretty much spot-on from what I can tell in the 50 miles I've been able to drive the car. Coupled with the alignment they did, I couldn't be happier with how it handles. I'm taking it to the track when I get a chance (and Driving School in Sept), so I'll be interested to see how it compares to the TCK with stock wheels & tires.

R.
If I'm reading this correctly, this sounds like it should be significantly softer than the recommended settings.

I have always felt that the recommended settings are too firm and actually end up hurting traction. I might have to try this out.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 03:27 PM   #4605
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Thank you for flipping the pictures.

And the high lick spoiler tastes delicious ahha.

It looks awesome from most angles, a few angles I wish maybe was an in shorter. I do love how it follows the lines of the trunk.

Spoiler glued in fine, not going anywhere. One side I did notice is a tony bit higher than the other but its a few millimeters and does not bother me too much. Carbon looks nice, not oem nice but not ebay either. Mid range.

It looks more aggressive in pictures but it looks really really nice in person.

I will take some pictures later today and upload (hopefully not sideways).
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 08:20 PM   #4606
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouchh View Post
Thanks, yes TS-5
Nice!
Just got the same rims.
Stock size tires?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 09:01 PM   #4607
R0me
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 comp

Got some new ps4s tires, instead of the 3 yeae old supersports.
265/30/19 front
295/30/19 aft
Very meaty on standard alloys, only driven them 50km. Need to find out which tire pressure I should use. Tried with 2,5 bar cold, feels good so far, maybe I'll drop it a bit more. The tirewall are noticeable softer though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JV973304.00
      07-28-2021, 10:44 PM   #4608
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0me View Post
Got some new ps4s tires, instead of the 3 yeae old supersports.
265/30/19 front
295/30/19 aft
Very meaty on standard alloys, only driven them 50km. Need to find out which tire pressure I should use. Tried with 2,5 bar cold, feels good so far, maybe I'll drop it a bit more. The tirewall are noticeable softer though.
NICE!! post some more...that's what i'm running

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 06:36 AM   #4609
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

got some better pictures of the Turner High kick

Its not going to be for everyone but imo it looks amazing. It is also tall enough that you can see it through the rear view mirror unlike the oem spoiler.

It looks amazing in some angles, a couple angles I wish was a little less tall (side profile for example). However I am very happy with it overal and it is imo one of the nicest spoilers on the M2 (I am not into the CS spoiler and the mperf just looks off to me and not agressive enough).

I think it will look even better when I get my Apex EC7 wheels next month.
Appreciate 4
      07-29-2021, 06:52 AM   #4610
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

Its not going to be for everyone but imo it looks amazing. It is also tall enough that you can see it through the rear view mirror unlike the oem spoiler.

It looks amazing in some angles, a couple angles I wish was a little less tall (side profile for example). However I am very happy with it overal and it is imo one of the nicest spoilers on the M2 (I am not into the CS spoiler and the mperf just looks off to me and not agressive enough).

Very nice, it actually suits the car really well, especially with the black paint.
Appreciate 3
      07-29-2021, 01:10 PM   #4611
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:

Wow that really does change the look of the car.
Appreciate 1
MooMooM21819.00
      07-29-2021, 02:47 PM   #4612
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Great pics of both the BEAST and scenery! Agreed, this aftermarket spoiler adds a certain level of aggressiveness not found in the stock form - and the black-on-black kicks it up a notch, makes it look like Batman's weekend warrior!

P.S. personally though, I prefer the High Lick Spoiler you posted above, it had better flavour
      07-29-2021, 02:54 PM   #4613
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:

Glad you got this fitted. I believe we were talking in the other thread about paint matching.

I also love the fact that you can see it out of the rear view mirror. Makes me wonder about a big wing even though it's something I've never been a fan of on road cars.
      07-29-2021, 04:03 PM   #4614
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Added these the other night. Added ppf to them, compliments the rest car and protects.
Attached Images

Last edited by Navy Davy; 07-29-2021 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
JV973304.00
      07-29-2021, 04:10 PM   #4615
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsM2 View Post
Glad you got this fitted. I believe we were talking in the other thread about paint matching.

I also love the fact that you can see it out of the rear view mirror. Makes me wonder about a big wing even though it's something I've never been a fan of on road cars.
actually funny you mention that, I always think some wings look ridiculous but when I saw this through the back I thought, it must look pretty cool to see the big wing from the rear view mirror.

And we were definitely talking paint match, really like what you did with yours with the half paint/half carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Great pics of both the BEAST and scenery! Agreed, this aftermarket spoiler adds a certain level of aggressiveness not found in the stock form - and the black-on-black kicks it up a notch, makes it look like Batman's weekend warrior!

P.S. personally though, I prefer the High Lick Spoiler you posted above, it had better flavour
Thank you! It is nice living in the countryside now a days

I also preferred the High Lick not going to lie
Appreciate 1
SebsM2652.00
      07-29-2021, 06:22 PM   #4616
MVista
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp.

Garage List
Picked up a set of used 763M’s. Ohlins R&T and front MP CF front spoiler going on Saturday
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Foggins1334.50
Bruuuce341.50
JV973304.00
Kingpin4386.50
      07-29-2021, 06:28 PM   #4617
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyBear View Post
Hit 1200 miles and had the M Perf coil overs installed. Had them set to recommended height, but here were 2 quick pics I took picking her up. Shout out to Munich Motorsports in East Windsor CT for the install, saw same spec LBB M2C there getting the KW kit.
How does the car feel with the coilovers? Is it super noticeable?
'20 BMW M2 Competition (6spd, Euro-delivered July '19)
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 07:13 PM   #4618
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Picked up a set of used 763M's. Ohlins R&T and front MP CF front spoiler going on Saturday
Damn you for trying to make my wallet lighter - the gold 763 look SOO MONEY on a HS F87!!!
      07-29-2021, 08:10 PM   #4619
Bryan1978
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2

Quote:
Put the Mode tips (black chrome no logo)on today and of course it started raining. Tips are 98mm
Quote:
Put the Mode tips (black chrome no logo)on today and of course it started raining. Tips are 98mm
Can you post the link where you bought the tips. Was it hard to install? TIA
Appreciate 1
blkonblk195.00
      07-29-2021, 08:28 PM   #4620
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan1978 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Can you post the link where you bought the tips. Was it hard to install? TIA
https://modeautoconcepts.com/product...n-exhaust-tips

I happen to order this over a week ago, still haven't received it from Australia. there's also a matte black option
Appreciate 0