BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Wakefield Park Petition.

10-26-2022, 05:56 PM   #1
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Wakefield Park Petition.

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/la...Hmr7OpIXen8-4w

What a mess.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 01:48 AM   #2
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I fondly remember Oran Park and Amaroo. They are both gone and became housing developments. They were replaced with the horrible Eastern Creek track or whatever its called today. The former two tracks were so much fun. Wakefield is a fun track too. It would be a tragedy to lose it.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 04:31 AM   #3
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Already signed, any idea what the petition count is up to? Just curious
      10-27-2022, 05:46 AM   #4
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
Already signed, any idea what the petition count is up to? Just curious
I don't know but hopefully enough to have some effect. (Fingers crossed, so many great fun memories from that place going back decades).
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 05:46 PM   #5
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List

"The ePetition "Save Wakefield Park" has closed for signatures and has been presented in the Legislative Assembly by Ms Julia Finn.

The ePetition text in full is: To the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly, We, the NSW motorsport community and residents & businesses of the Goulburn region and wider NSW, bring to the attention of the House the devastating impact resulting from the closure of Wakefield Park Raceway (WPR) on 1/09/2022. Background: Due to an unfavorable Development Application outcome, the owners of WPR went to the NSW Land & Environment Court which then handed down a decision that made it untenable for WPR to remain open. Concern: • A forecast economic loss for the Goulburn region in the order of $15-30 million p.a. and the loss of one of only two permanent, full-length racetracks in NSW. The closure of WPR will also result in additional economic losses for the State and nationally. • NSW has lost an important facility for teaching road and driver safety • The LEC's decision has devastated motorsport enthusiasts, Goulburn-Mulwaree business owners, and the broader community who consider WPR the 'lifeblood' of Goulburn. We, therefore, ask the Legislative Assembly, and specifically the Minister of Planning, to: 1. work together with the proponent and Goulburn-Mulwaree Council for the benefit of the entire community to establish a viable, interim solution which allows WPR to reopen as soon as possible, and 2. use Ministerial powers to identify suitable, long-term options to reinstate and protect WPR's future as a viable motor racing circuit for the people of NSW and Australia as soon as possible The ePetition received 28950 signatures and has been sent to the NSW Government for a response."
Appreciate 1
MR RIZK757.50
      11-10-2022, 06:36 PM   #6
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

Yeah got the email, fingers crossed something eventuates from it.

Still blows me away.. Same deal with Luna Park, people bought near a fun park that already existed then complained of the noise. I think these are the same people that check if the hot plate is hot by touching it.
      11-11-2022, 01:35 AM   #7
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
Still blows me away.. Same deal with Luna Park, people bought near a fun park that already existed then complained of the noise. I think these are the same people that check if the hot plate is hot by touching it.
Or old people that moved to Manly then complained about noisy people having fun at night.

Or greedy real estate developers that turned Oran Park and Amaroo tracks into 100s of shitty little boxes for suckers to exist in.

Let's face it. People are annoying.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 02:45 PM   #8
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

Sigh

"Unfortunately, the ePetition "Save Wakefield Park" will not be debated in the Legislative Assembly, as there are no more sitting days scheduled for the 57th Parliament before the March 2023 election.

The NSW Government will still respond to the ePetition and you will be sent a link to the response when it is received"