BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Clutch catches on a wire or something

04-06-2022, 08:44 PM   #1
Jrl8d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Clutch catches on a wire or something

I read a post awhile back about someone who had an issue with their clutch where they could feel it catching on something when they would press the pedal in. I believe the BMW tech eventually found that it was catching on some wire and could have eventually worn down or snapped the cable. My car started doing the same thing and I am completely unable to find that post or what wire it is catching on. I took it to my dealer and they essentially refused to look for it and said it was just because the car was cold. The clutch pedal does not operate as smoothly as it did when I first took delivery of the car. It does not seem to affect the operation of the clutch.

Does anyone have any ideas or have better searching abilities than I?

Any and all help is appreciated!

I have a 2017 M2.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 01:36 PM   #2
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

There may be a number of reasons why your clutch isn't as smooth as it once was, but the bits that move in the bell housing are extremely unlikely catch on anything. So that leaves the footwell.

HTH
Appreciate 0