BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Does anyone have the Akrapovic Slip-On for M2C?

01-26-2021, 09:02 AM   #1
lambobambo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Does anyone have the Akrapovic Slip-On for M2C?

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading the exhaust on my M2C.

I can't afford the full evolution system but might be able to stretch to the slip-on.

Does anyone else here have this setup?

I would be interested to know how you have found it?

Is there much difference from stock?

Is it always loud, or just when in Sport?
HRE P40 Wheels (20" Charcoal), BMW Performance ZCP Spoiler & Splitters, Eisenmann Race, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Exterior Trim (Front & Side Grills), Eibach Pro Springs (Not yet fitted).
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:09 AM   #2
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambobambo View Post

I can't afford the full evolution system but might be able to stretch to the slip-on.

I have it but didn't have enough time to test it properly. It's definitely louder than stock, but only in Sport and Sport+ mode, in efficient is very quiet. If you are looking for a very loud exhaust I think you might be disappointed, however for me it's exactly what I wanted, the burbles and little pops are much more audible.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #3
lambobambo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcgd21 View Post
I have it but didn't have enough time to test it properly. It's definitely louder than stock, but only in Sport and Sport+ mode, in efficient is very quiet. If you are looking for a very loud exhaust I think you might be disappointed, however for me it's exactly what I wanted, the burbles and little pops are much more audible.
That sounds spot on. I want more noise, but only when I want it. Ie not all the time.
HRE P40 Wheels (20" Charcoal), BMW Performance ZCP Spoiler & Splitters, Eisenmann Race, BMW Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Exterior Trim (Front & Side Grills), Eibach Pro Springs (Not yet fitted).
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:50 AM   #4
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT (R.I.P.)

IMO without the link pipe the sound isn't "right." Not even that it needs to be the Akra one but any link pipe/mid pipe will do. My hours of youtube points to the stock mid section restricting the "true" sound of the axle back, we really need a cat back for a great aural experience.

I don't know if it's compatible with the Akra slip on but maybe grab the AA equal length pipe which is less expensive. That way you'll have a complete catback and the sound will be (subjectively) better.

Looking forward to seeing whatever you go with!

Edit: I see that you're in the UK, a link pipe might not be an option for you due to the OPF...I offer my sympathies for our OPF brothers and sisters
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2021, 09:52 AM   #5
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

I am running the original AA catless midpipe. It's definitely louder than stock and retains the stock muffler and valve controls. Now they offer an equal length midpipe that's supposed to sound even better. I'd start there and save $ over the Akra (which does look like a beautiful piece of equipment).
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 11:09 AM   #6
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

Quote:
That sounds spot on. I want more noise, but only when I want it. Ie not all the time.
If you don't want to mess with the OPFs (like me), the Akrapovic slip on is the best solution available. In efficient mode it is totally silent at any speed. And it is definitely louder than stock in Sport and Sport+ when the valves open, you won't regret it, it works just like OEM, my Akra was sold and installed by my BMW dealer, so warranty remains intact.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2021, 06:34 AM   #7
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I've been running the slip-on for about 14 months. It's pretty quiet in Efficient, which is great for in and out of the neighborhood. Sport is a good deal louder, without much in the way of cracks and pops. Sport+ brings all the noise. Even in Sport+ there are many louder exhaust systems and I wouldn't want any of them...this is as loud as I'd be comfortable with. You can run in Sport+ on the highway without much drone at all, which is great.

The weight advantage is real, too. There may be cheaper ways to save that much weight but it is a bonus added on to the aesthetic and sound of the slip-on.

I'm not a good person to answer if it sounds good for an exhaust or not. I'm not that picky (though I know a BAD sounding exhaust when I hear it...just not picky enough to pick the best out of, say, three decent sounding systems).

I'm entirely satisfied with the slip-on after 14 months. It was still the most expensive sudden whim I've ever scratched.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 07:55 AM   #8
NorthernM2
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

You could also try the AC Schnitzer back-box. I've just had this fitted to my brand new M2C and it has made a world of difference and should have been like that from the factory - it was depressingly quiet before changed and I had started to wish I had kept my original M2.

Now it's quiet when you want it to be, but much louder in sport+, probably louder than the OG M2. Plus the udder is gone and it also keeps your warranty intact.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:52 AM   #9
neil_79
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I've been running the slip-on for about 14 months. It's pretty quiet in Efficient, which is great for in and out of the neighborhood. Sport is a good deal louder, without much in the way of cracks and pops. Sport+ brings all the noise. Even in Sport+ there are many louder exhaust systems and I wouldn't want any of them...this is as loud as I'd be comfortable with. You can run in Sport+ on the highway without much drone at all, which is great.

The weight advantage is real, too. There may be cheaper ways to save that much weight but it is a bonus added on to the aesthetic and sound of the slip-on.

I'm not a good person to answer if it sounds good for an exhaust or not. I'm not that picky (though I know a BAD sounding exhaust when I hear it...just not picky enough to pick the best out of, say, three decent sounding systems).

I'm entirely satisfied with the slip-on after 14 months. It was still the most expensive sudden whim I've ever scratched.
Wholeheartedly agree with this - I’ve had mine for about 3 months and 800 miles, and love it - it looks so much better on the car, but more importantly it covers such a wide brief - civilised in ‘Efficient’ and louder through Sport and Sport +. For me, it was between this and an Eisenmann system, but opted for this in the end thanks to a Black Friday deal from a supplier here in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 01:53 PM   #10
Chris_Uk_m2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post

Wholeheartedly agree with this - I’ve had mine for about 3 months and 800 miles, and love it - it looks so much better on the car, but more importantly it covers such a wide brief - civilised in ‘Efficient’ and louder through Sport and Sport +. For me, it was between this and an Eisenmann system, but opted for this in the end thanks to a Black Friday deal from a supplier here in the UK.
Can I ask which uk dealer and what price you got it for?

Been thinking about it for a long while just seems a lot for an exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 02:20 PM   #11
neil_79
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I’ll dig out the details and send you a message.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2021, 11:41 AM   #12
geschick10
MGC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2

I installed the Akra slip-on system with carbon fiber tips in my M2 Comp like a month ago, U.S spec car.

For me it checks all the boxes if you are looking for: a higher exahust note - Better design (aka getting rid of the stock oversized back box) - Versatility, as it gives you the optionality to go in sort of stealh mode in Efficient mode or turn on the party mode on Sport, Sport +.

In my mind the Akra slip -on is the closest to the OEM M- Performance system that you can get. That is another consideration (and I think it looks better, personal opinion).

Also, at least my dealer in NY, confirmed that installation of slip-on only has zero potential warranty problems, however the moment you add the linkpipe it looks like it would be a totally different story, god forbid something goes wrong in the car.

Long story short, I think its the sweet spot, it's safe warranty wise and, improves the looks and you get a quality noise that in my personal taste is (more than) loud enough.

If you plan on taking the car to the track, probably the full system with linkpipe would make total sense.

Now I am considering either coding it or maybe getting the Akra sound kit to control the valves as pleased.

My 2 cts.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 09:59 AM   #13
Reesnat
Private
India
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

I've been running the full system (link pipe + rear box) for a few thousand kms now and I love it.

I specifically did not want something that would be loud all the time, and the full system with closed valves is as quiet or quieter than stock. Valves open its much louder than stock and a beautiful tone once you get past 4k rpms thats typical of the titantium exhausts from Akra.

Note that this doesn't completely change the core sound of the S55, it just makes it the best version of it possible and the increase in volume in open modes makes the car immensely more enjoyable. The visual benefits vs stock and the weight savings are icing on the cake.
Appreciate 0