BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Anyone have experience with Lushwhips floor mats?

01-31-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Anyone have experience with Lushwhips floor mats?

A forum member here is/was selling a set of Lushwhips floor mats. That's how I originally came across them. Website seemed legit. I watched one review on YouTube and they seemed pretty good. So I ordered a pair.

When I got the tracking number coming out of China, I started to wonder a bit. Especially since the website states they're out of Kansas (and according to a scam advisor website, they're based out of Canada). Did some more digging and it seems this company may not be as legit as it seems. No reviews except for on their own website and that one YouTube video. Then the shipping company they used, SF Express, has horrid reviews.

I pm'd the forum member to see what his experience was, but I've yet to get an answer. Tracking shows the mats arrived in LA on the 29th and it's on its way to Gardena, CA. And I should expect my package no later than today. That's obviously not gonna happen since it still shows in transit to Gardena.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten Lushwhips floor mats and how they turned out? I could just be paranoid, but it was nearly a $200 set and I just hate how we all have to constantly be on guard for internet scammers.

Thanks!
      01-31-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

I don't have experience with them but I believe they are the same as Elite Car Mats and the other companies putting their names on these mats. They all come from China. They will probably be fine.
Appreciate 1
SConn180.00
      01-31-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I don't have experience with them but I believe they are the same as Elite Car Mats and the other companies putting their names on these mats. They all come from China. They will probably be fine.
OK that's good to hear. I'll update when they show up.
      02-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #4
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just an update: Mats showed up today. Got them installed. They definitely cover nearly all of the carpeted areas. They are pretty heavy duty and I think they'll offer a lot of protection. I got the black with blue stitching and it's not a perfect match, but it works.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with them!
      02-01-2019, 09:51 PM   #5
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

I don't mind mine as they offer the best coverage I have seen and don't look like a piece of rubbermaid plastic like WeatherTechs. If the blue stitching was a closer match they would be perfect.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 10:16 PM   #6
SConn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I don't mind mine as they offer the best coverage I have seen and don't look like a piece of rubbermaid plastic like WeatherTechs. If the blue stitching was a closer match they would be perfect.
Agreed. They do match the calipers tho
Appreciate 0