BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > With Bimmercode, how do you return to stock?

01-29-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
ecitizen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

With Bimmercode, how do you return to stock?

I'm about ready to try Bimmercode. After making changes, when I need to take the car into service, how do I change the car back to stock where the dealer can't see I've made any changes? Is there a quick way to do this like with tunes where you can flash back to stock?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 10:40 PM   #2
Poffman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

I don't think your dealer is going to care that you used BimmerCode... what have you coded?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
pz619
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
I'm about ready to try Bimmercode. After making changes, when I need to take the car into service, how do I change the car back to stock where the dealer can't see I've made any changes? Is there a quick way to do this like with tunes where you can flash back to stock?

Thanks.
You can restore from a backup. I'm always worried I would lose my phone or something so I also hard copy write down what I changed as a backup.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
joec1101
BMW Fanaddict
Rep
Drives: '18 F87 ///M2

No need to restore to factory just for a dealer visit - they really don’t care and it’s not going to void your warranty or anything like that...
I’ve had mine in a few times for regular service, and no one even mentioned it. They may not have even noticed anything different...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 07:12 PM   #5
aftercompletion
Break My Window
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Only thing I do when going into the dealer is turn off auto-mirror folding since everybody notices it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 07:57 PM   #6
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftercompletion View Post
Only thing I do when going into the dealer is turn off auto-mirror folding since everybody notices it.
Ha, I was just going to chime in on this topic to disagree that they don't care and saw your post....I got an earful from my dealer after the tech noticed my mirrors fold in lol. They made a super big deal of it. Like...over the top ridiculous...I had the Sales rep, Tech and the Service advisor surround me in a room reading me the riot act lol.
Needless to say, I no longer take my car there....and would not buy another car there as a result.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 02:30 AM   #7
Karlosm2c
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Quote:
Ha, I was just going to chime in on this topic to disagree that they don't care and saw your post....I got an earful from my dealer after the tech noticed my mirrors fold in lol. They made a super big deal of it. Like...over the top ridiculous...I had the Sales rep, Tech and the Service advisor surround me in a room reading me the riot act lol.
Needless to say, I no longer take my car there....and would not buy another car there as a result.
That sounds a lot like an intervention
- 763m wheels with Cup 2s, M Performance rear spoiler
- Front PPF with satin black roof
Appreciate 1
Dabozo532.50

02-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Quote:
That sounds a lot like an intervention
Yes! That's exactly what it was...lol
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #9
joec1101
BMW Fanaddict
Rep
Drives: '18 F87 ///M2

Quote:
I don't even do that and no one has ever said a word...I really don't think they care about minor insignificant coding changes like that - I think they're mostly concerned with major things like engine tuning, drivetrain mods, etc. - the items that are expensive to fix/replace...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #10
Dabozo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec1101 View Post
Quote:
I don't even do that and no one has ever said a word...I really don't think they care about minor insignificant coding changes like that - I think they're mostly concerned with major things like engine tuning, drivetrain mods, etc. - the items that are expensive to fix/replace...
It all depends on the dealer (obviously) and/or your personal relationship with them.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #11
///M Houbi
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Mine doesn't care at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 10:20 AM   #12
twin fed