BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > MY20 changes UK

02-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
RichyT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C, Focus RS

MY20 changes UK

Has anyone in the UK heard of these so called changes to the M2C from March onwards, or is it a US thing only.

My car is being built this week with delivery March some point.

I’ve contacted my dealer to find out if there will be confirmed changes to the M2C from March onwards, not surprisingly they know nothing at all!

I’ve been assured that my Feb build will be the same as a car built March onwards.

With the talk of rear light changes and so forth i thought I would find out, especially if it is a few weeks of a difference!

Anyone else in the same boat as me or have any info for the UK orders?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 05:07 AM   #2
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyT View Post
Has anyone in the UK heard of these so called changes to the M2C from March onwards, or is it a US thing only.

My car is being built this week with delivery March some point.

I’ve contacted my dealer to find out if there will be confirmed changes to the M2C from March onwards, not surprisingly they know nothing at all!

I’ve been assured that my Feb build will be the same as a car built March onwards.

With the talk of rear light changes and so forth i thought I would find out, especially if it is a few weeks of a difference!

Anyone else in the same boat as me or have any info for the UK orders?
Definitely not just a US thing. BMW often calls them "BMW model update measures for spring, summer and autumn 20xx". Not seen a Winter one yet. These press releases, Global and also UK specific are detailed in press releases.

I've twice been caught out. Once my dealer informed me no changes to be concerned about. With my May delivered M135i, I missed out on new steering wheel, 6 bhp and come other changes.

My M2 missed out on some additional standard stuff too.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...19?language=en
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 06:19 AM   #3
RichyT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C, Focus RS

Cheers for the link!

The changes look like darkened rear lights only for M2C, which is not a deal breaker for me.

If it was a case of more colour choices and additional kit etc.. I would be pushing for a few different build week but I’ll leave it be.

Interesting that the M4 competition gets a number of changes compared with the M2.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
robmx
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

I guess the M2 got enough of a change with the move to the Competition model, which wasn't so long ago anyways. Guess the next biggest thing will be 'if' a CS or CSL model is released as it's swansong.
Appreciate 0