BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > MPE flaps not closing

04-14-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
GrayMoose
Rep
Drives: M2

MPE flaps not closing

I have the MPE installed for about 6 months so far. I've recently noticed that the left tailpipe with the flap does not close anymore. Its stuck on open. I've used the bluetooth remote controller but only the right side opens and closes. Any idea what happened or any fixes?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 08:47 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I would take your M2 to the dealer and have them fix the flaps. Having had the MPE for only six months, it has to be still under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 10:51 PM   #3
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

1. Bad connection (broken wire)
2. Bad actuator
3. Wrong actuator (the one from OEM system), they look identical but are not interchangeable.

It's fairly easy to swap them if you want to do a bit of troubleshooting first and see if the problem moves to the other side.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 07:47 AM   #4
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

What is the warranty length if you got the MPE installed at a deal after you purchased the car?

EDIT: found the answer...

Most original BMW accessories that are installed on/in the vehicle prior to the delivery to the client will carry the full New Vehicle Limited Warranty. If the installation is made by a Dealer after the retail sale of the vehicle, the accessory will carry the remainder of the New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty period or the limited parts warranty for two years from the date of installation, whichever is greater. Warranty repairs do not constitute an extension of the original limited warranty period for the vehicle or any parts (including accessories) thereof. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
Appreciate 0