BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Intake breather tube connector broke

04-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
M2driverWV
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Taking the intake tube off and wrangling the breather/evap whatever that connection is broke it. Dang looking up the part is the full tube which is $80. All I need is the end which I can attach back to the tube. Any idea where I could get just the 45 degree connector.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I went through a similar thing changing out my charge pipe. Broke the locking clip. I didn't find any sources and just bit the bullet and bought the whole tube from FCP euro for their lifetime warranty
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
Cornally
Rep
Drives: '18 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
I went through a similar thing changing out my charge pipe. Broke the locking clip. I didn't find any sources and just bit the bullet and bought the whole tube from FCP euro for their lifetime warranty
I'll be honest, I still can't feel the tip of my thumb after trying to compress that sucker whilst wrestling with a chargepipe install.

Me + pliers ultimately won. I feel your pain, best of luck to OP!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornally View Post
I'll be honest, I still can't feel the tip of my thumb after trying to compress that sucker whilst wrestling with a chargepipe install.

Me + pliers ultimately won. I feel your pain, best of luck to OP!
i figured out how it actually "unlatches" once i broke my original one and took it off (with pliers). Now i'm able to take it off with my fingers and it doesn't hurt me at all.

Trick is to squeeze softly just enough to get a grip on the latch. this is enough to unhook it from the barb on the intake or chargepipe. then just wiggle while pulling away.

Practicing on the intake tube since it's in an easy location might be a good idea.
Appreciate 0