BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Warning!! Extreme Levels of EMFs coming from BMW

Closed Thread

05-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #1
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 335i

Warning!! Extreme Levels of EMFs coming from BMW

Please
Has anyone experienced the following symptom's while driving thier 7 Series Bmw or any other BMW model.......

Headaches
Dizziness
Muffled Hearing
Brain fog or haze
Fatigue
Nausea
Feeling like vomiting
Overall sick feeling
Vertigo
Migraine Headaches
Etc....

This is why I ask......

I just purchased a week ago, the last available (that I could find) brand new 2015 750li from the dealer with only 70 miles on it. While driving it home, almost immediately my wife and daughter started complaining about feeling sick. At first I didn't believe it (how could a brand new top of the line 750li be causing them to feel sick?) but, then after some research online I found out about EMFs or Electromagnetic Fields.(Please Google EMFs for the full explanation.) I learned that study's/research have shown that BMW is one of the top emitters of EMF waves. So I bought a Gauss meter (tool used to measure EMF levels) to do some testing inside the car. I couldn't believe my eyes. The levels it was emitting were 50-100 times more than what was considered a safe exposure level. To put this in perspective I used the Gauss Meter to test my 1100 watt microwave while heating some food in my kitchen. As you can imagine, the microwave caused the Gauss Meter to spike past the maximum 100 mark on the meter.(We all know the harmful effects of a microwave.) It actually went so far that it couldn't go any further. I then took the Gauss meter inside the BMW, started the engine and wouldn't you know it gave the same maximum reading as my microwave.(example the worst spots were the passenger floor, passenger seat, and back passenger seat) How's that for crazy? So basically I realized that driving the 750li was equivalent to standing next to my microwave while its in use. No wonder my wife and daughter were feeling ill.

I have more details to share but at this point I wanted to put some feelers out to see if anyone else is experiencing anything similar with there BMWs.
Please feel free to respond with any similar situations you might be experiencing. I feel a great need to expose the truth about the dangers of certain cars (BMW and others) producing extreme levels of EMFs. I'm hoping this information will save others from experiencing EMFs the hard way like my family and I did.
Thanks and I look forward to your response
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
RoundelObsession
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: S65M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast F30 View Post
Please
Has anyone experienced the following symptom's while driving thier 7 Series Bmw or any other BMW model.......

Headaches
Dizziness
Muffled Hearing
Brain fog or haze
Fatigue
Nausea
Feeling like vomiting
Overall sick feeling
Vertigo
Migraine Headaches
Etc....

This is why I ask......

I just purchased a week ago, the last available (that I could find) brand new 2015 750li from the dealer with only 70 miles on it. While driving it home, almost immediately my wife and daughter started complaining about feeling sick. At first I didn't believe it (how could a brand new top of the line 750li be causing them to feel sick?) but, then after some research online I found out about EMFs or Electromagnetic Fields.(Please Google EMFs for the full explanation.) I learned that study's/research have shown that BMW is one of the top emitters of EMF waves. So I bought a Gauss meter (tool used to measure EMF levels) to do some testing inside the car. I couldn't believe my eyes. The levels it was emitting were 50-100 times more than what was considered a safe exposure level. To put this in perspective I used the Gauss Meter to test my 1100 watt microwave while heating some food in my kitchen. As you can imagine, the microwave caused the Gauss Meter to spike past the maximum 100 mark on the meter.(We all know the harmful effects of a microwave.) It actually went so far that it couldn't go any further. I then took the Gauss meter inside the BMW, started the engine and wouldn't you know it gave the same maximum reading as my microwave.(example the worst spots were the passenger floor, passenger seat, and back passenger seat) How's that for crazy? So basically I realized that driving the 750li was equivalent to standing next to my microwave while its in use. No wonder my wife and daughter were feeling ill.

I have more details to share but at this point I wanted to put some feelers out to see if anyone else is experiencing anything similar with there BMWs.
Please feel free to respond with any similar situations you might be experiencing. I feel a great need to expose the truth about the dangers of certain cars (BMW and others) producing extreme levels of EMFs. I'm hoping this information will save others from experiencing EMFs the hard way like my family and I did.
I would take that Cancer causing machine straight back to the dealer and tell them to stick it in their ass.
Appreciate 4
      05-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #3
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

Interesting read......http://www.ahappyhabitat.com/cars.html
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

While I can't say I'm feeling any of those symptoms, I have noticed that I have zero GPS usage from my phone to be able to run Waze or Google Maps while in my 2010 X5M. For a few months I just assumed it was my phone, so I've downloaded GPS recalibration apps, removed it from it's case, etc. I finally noticed one day while riding my motorcycle that I'd get instant GPS signal, so I opened the sunroof and hald the phone up next time I drove the X5M...instant signal, put it down by the dash, drops right away. Now you've piqued my interest.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 07:42 PM   #5
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

I know BMW and other automakers test for EMFs, what they do with the results of those tests is another question. Cars with this many electronics can interfere with each other (which I think is the genesis of these tests, in particular with EVs).
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #6
larrysing
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport, Nav/Blinds

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
EMF is less likely than plastic off-gassing. New plastic can do that.

Here is a ton of info on the subject you mention:

http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/...d-human-health

CU says "don't worry"

https://transportevolved.com/2014/05...ays-eu-report/

I traded a 2002 Acura RSX for my 335d. If you want zero EMF, get one of those.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #7
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

I suspected off-gassing might be a possible culprit also, So I did a test to find out if it was the cause. I had my daughter sit in the back seat and read a book for 20 minutes with the doors and windows closed to see if it gave her the same "sick" feelings as she got while driving. She said she felt fine, no bad feelings. So I had her move up front for a few more minutes and still no bad feelings. I then started the car, let it idle for a couple of minutes, drove forward 10 feet and back 10 feet and she started feeling the overall sickness start up. By doing this I was able to rule out the new car smell as the culprit.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #8
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
I suspected off-gassing might be a possible culprit also, So I did a test to find out if it was the cause. I had my daughter sit in the back seat and read a book for 20 minutes with the doors and windows closed to see if it gave her the same "sick" feelings as she got while driving. She said she felt fine, no bad feelings. So I had her move up front for a few more minutes and still no bad feelings. I then started the car, let it idle for a couple of minutes, drove forward 10 feet and back 10 feet and she started feeling the overall sickness start up. By doing this I was able to rule out the new car smell as the culprit.
Wouldn't guess any type of emission from the spectrum would have the effect of causing appreciable sickness in that amount of time without either heat, visible burns or noise or some type of obvious cause like extremely large size etcetera.
Motion sickness? But for the electrical devices in car to be able to generate enough energy to get noticeable results is extrodinary.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #9
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

Motion Sickness is one of the symptoms/result of high levels of EMF exposure.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #10
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Electro magnetic fields are not a problem for humans, the only issue is that they can heat tissue if the power concentration is exceptionally high, like if you stuck your head in a microwave, which has a very directional beam and power of around 1000 watts. The first thing that gets burned are your retinas, since they are actually uncooled by your blood, so you go blind. But other than a scenario like that, you're good.

If you're still skeptical about all that, you can feel comfortable that your car's not the issue by recognizing the following: you're surrounded by things like power lines and television transmitters and they have way stronger emissions than anything in your car yet people are not harmed. You also probably hold a cell phone right by your head, which delivers a lot more emf than anything in the car due to proximity, yet you're fine.

Quote:
Motion Sickness is one of the symptoms/result of high levels of EMF exposure.
LMAO, do you realize how powerful an electric field you'd need to cause motion sickness? It isn't happening unless you put your head in that microwave, and you'll go blind and get burned before you get motion sick. Seriously, show me a citation, please, as I'm completely unaware of any actual scientific literature that mentions a link between electric fields and motion sickness.
Appreciate 4
      05-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #11
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

P l a c e b o e f f e c t
l
a
c
e
b
o

e
f
f
e
c
t

If you're that worried, wear your tin foil hat when driving too.
Appreciate 4
      05-04-2016, 09:17 PM   #12
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

i think if the magnetic field was that high, you'd be demagnetizing credit card strips no?

MRIs approach 2-3Tesla. which 1 tesla = 10^4 gauss. they are proven safe to human tissue. but not to ferrous materials and other metals.

what kind of absolute gauss reading were you recording?

i get the feeling that if this was an issue, the CPSC, and government auto regulatory agencies would be all over this...
      05-04-2016, 09:50 PM   #13
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Off gassing. Way more harmful then EMF.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 02:13 AM   #14
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Now just think about what would happen with your body, when sitting in an FULL electrical vehicle. As others posted...really honestly for the health of your family and you PLEASE trade that car ASAP ( even with loss ). Fuck the money look to keep your health!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2016, 08:08 AM   #15
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

OP's car must have the Executive Large Hadron Collider package installed on his new 7 series.
Appreciate 3
      05-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #16
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
If you're that worried, wear your tin foil hat when driving too.
wouldn't that actually work though? cover yourself in aluminum foil and create a faraday cage around your entire body. block yourself from electromagnetic waves.

BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2016, 08:40 AM   #17
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

There is a condition where people can be extremely sensitive to EMF....electrohypersensitivity I think...perhaps your wife and daughter have it?

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 08:40 AM   #18
Chez
Brit Abroad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Frozen Black M4

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [9.50]
Quote:
Please

Headaches
Dizziness
Muffled Hearing
Brain fog or haze
Fatigue
Nausea
Feeling like vomiting
Overall sick feeling
Vertigo
Migraine Headaches
Etc....

This is why I ask......

Now you mention it, I have been experiencing some very strange symptoms while driving my M4.

It starts off with shivers, slowly progressing to an overwhelming feeling of euphoria, giggling and, in some circumstances, involuntary urination and defecation.

Instagram @M4TTE_BMW

More info and photos here.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #19
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

You should hear the whine when I mic'd my PE exhaust using a shure SM57 and a digital analog converter to a mac book.

Lots of EMF but likely related to coils/ plugs/ injectors due to the fact the whine is RPM dependant.

interesting subject.

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #20
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

Wind Beezes, your so smart so tell me the answer to my problem. We get in the car drive for 5-10 min and start feeling sick? We get out of the car and the sick feeling continues for up to 2-3 hours. Please explain how if its not EMF causing it what it could be. I have already eliminated off gassing as a cause. Also please explain why when the car is off the Gauss meter reads about 3 Milgauss and when the engine is started it jumps to over 100? Keep in mind high levels of EMF equates to Radiation. We all know radiation causes cancer and other illnesses.
You might want to re-read this link to see for yourself how high BMW EMF levels are compared to other cars.
http://www.ahappyhabitat.com/cars.html
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #21
Fast F30
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you Doc Oc. I appreciate you taking this seriously. I will look into it further.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 08:58 AM   #22
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

You know I support you with your problem OP but what if your sickness is caused by something else?

Cars come with the new car smell and the leather is mostly drowned in poison when new!
That's why it "stinks" so bad. These smells also can cause all sort of health related issues.

My advice for you, before lawyering up ( if the dealer refuses to help )

Take a cup ( BIG morning coffe cup ) and fill it with coffee beans then leave it for a day in the car. Do that with 5 or 6 cups, position them around the front footwell area, the trunk, rear footwell area and one cup on top of your dashboard. Leave it for a week in the car, without opening it.
This, if your problems got caused by the poison in your seat leather, will relief you and you will be able to enjoy your new carrito

Good look and keep us updated!!!!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread