BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Would you pull the trigger?

Closed Thread

01-29-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
DivergedM2
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Would you pull the trigger?

https://www.infinitiofenglewood.com/...H9C56GV351848/

Dinan S2 (exhuast, res del, cold air intake), VSF charge pipe, VSFZ catless down pipes and boot mod tune. 52k miles. For 35k out of the door, is this a good deal? I am on the fence because of the high mileage...however it is hard to find a build similar to this. Would love some opinions. Thanks!

Chris
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #2
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Is there a CarFax report available? I would for sure want to see that on a modified car. The price as listed ($31k) seems like a steal for a 2016 with that mileage. It is like $4-5k cheaper than any used M2 on Autotrader, however, which makes you wonder if it's been in an accident. Obviously the mileage and modifications reduce the price... but that does seem like a big gap between all of the other ones on the market right now. A few things to consider:

- Do you like that aftermarket spoiler? If you're not in love with it, I would pass on the car.
- Are you OK with a black car? Notoriously difficult color to keep clean. The dealer didn't do a great job with the photos so maybe the car hasn't been detailed you really should make sure you're OK with black. Should be exceedingly easy to find a blue or white M2 (better colors on this car IMO)
- Have you checked to see if the previous owner is a forum member? Might give you a better sense for how the car was maintained / driven. Given the mods, I think there is a decent chance the owner was on here.

If you're looking to get into an M2 at the lowest price point and were already planning to do those mods, this might be a good car for you. Personally, I think it's better to buy stock, unmolested cars and have the modifications done in the exact manner you want and by whom you want.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #3
Hankdoll
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2/M3/4/5

Looks like a good price. I just googled MBASSY M2 and it looks like MBASSY is a NJ car club. This car is on their facebook page and it used to be green (not 100% certain same car).
      01-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #4
CTSean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI BSM MT M2

If it's that cheap - there's a reason. There's a white one on autotrader in FL with similar miles with 2 damage and 1 accident record on it's carfax and they are asking 36k for it.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread