BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

12-05-2019, 12:23 AM   #2355
Professor MSP
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahaf2911 View Post
Couldn't find it but is there a code to deactivate the headlights washer ?
Look under Front Electronic Module and then scroll down to HEADLIGHT CLEANING. The first entry allows one to activate or deactivate the headlight washer.

Good luck.
      12-10-2019, 05:22 AM   #2356
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor MSP View Post
Quote:
Look under Front Electronic Module and then scroll down to HEADLIGHT CLEANING. The first entry allows one to activate or deactivate the headlight washer.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor MSP View Post
Quote:

Good luck.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:46 PM   #2357
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Just tested bimmercode with my mhd enet adapter and I have to say, the mhd adapter is mind bogglingly fast. Before with my vgate Icar pro Bluetooth adapter it would take a min or so to load the ECU pages from start up, and 30 seconds for larger modules like FEM. But with the mhd adapter it is under 1 second to load the pages, ecus or to code. Like holy crap this thing is awesome. Good job MHD Tuning
      12-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #2358
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Just tested bimmercode with my mhd enet adapter and I have to say, the mhd adapter is mind bogglingly fast. Before with my vgate Icar pro Bluetooth adapter it would take a min or so to load the ECU pages from start up, and 30 seconds for larger modules like FEM. But with the mhd adapter it is under 1 second to load the pages, ecus or to code. Like holy crap this thing is awesome. Good job MHD Tuning
I wish I had known there was a difference in speed, I would have purchased theirs.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 07:11 PM   #2359
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I wish I had known there was a difference in speed, I would have purchased theirs.
Yeah it's rediculously fast, even the initial process of backing up the ECU files along with the startup reading the ecus available is under 1 second. It can flash the whole ECU in 25ish seconds I believe including the initial unlock, like damn it's fricken fast.

But TBH it's not worth the price for the speed, especially for bimmercode where the difference is a couple of mins. You really don't miss out on too much. Where it comes in handy is if you want one adapter for flash tuning and being able to flash maps in under 30 seconds, use it for bimmercode, ista + with an Ethernet cable, and Esys as well. That's where this thing is absolutely amazing, I've never seen such a versatile and fast adapter before.
VisualEcho6625.50
      12-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #2360
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Wanted to check if other people have experienced inconsistencies with the mirrors auto fold coding when locking the car with the comfort access ?
And if so is there any fix for it ? I've Tiered removing and adding back but still occurring with a few days of use
I've had this coded for maybe two months, it's worked every single time (and I'm surprised!). I'm sorry you're not having the same experience so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 05:49 PM   #2361
UnknownKnown
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Couple questions for my 20' M2C:

1) I have both Angel eyes brightness low beam and Angel eyes brightness parking lights set to 100%, yet the low beams are much less bright. Anyone know why?

2) I have a section called Convenient Opening/Closing - I searched on this thread and couldn't find this wording from anyone else. Under this section there's also a Convenient closing with Comfort Access so these two are not equivalent like I thought?

3) For the Daytime Running Lights section, I'm confused as to what these are. Right now when my DRLs are on, its the Angel eyes. Are DRLs different to the Angel eyes?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 06:04 PM   #2362
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownKnown View Post
3) For the Daytime Running Lights section, I'm confused as to what these are. Right now when my DRLs are on, its the Angel eyes. Are DRLs different to the Angel eyes?
The angel eyes are the DRL's.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 07:26 PM   #2363
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
New Bimmercode update available on AppStore. Looked thru the new items and see "Live Cockpit Instrument cluster coding" but cant find documentation on it. Anyone know what this does for the M2C?
Does anyone know what this "Live Cockpit Instrument cluster coding" does?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 06:53 PM   #2364
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownKnown View Post
Couple questions for my 20' M2C:

1) I have both Angel eyes brightness low beam and Angel eyes brightness parking lights set to 100%, yet the low beams are much less bright. Anyone know why?

2) I have a section called Convenient Opening/Closing - I searched on this thread and couldn't find this wording from anyone else. Under this section there's also a Convenient closing with Comfort Access so these two are not equivalent like I thought?

I believe convenient opening/closing is to have the seat automatically slide back when opening the driver door, and then slide forward to the memory position upon turning the accessories on. I have this coded on my car and it is in fact quite convenient.

To me, it seems convenient closing with comfort access may mean the seat movement may be triggered by comfort access (touching the door handle) instead of opening the door. I don't have comfort access on my car but this is my best guess. Please let us know what you find out!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 11:54 AM   #2365
Leadfoot77
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

bimmercode disconnect bluetooth idrive

Hi, I'm a new M2 owner with bimmercode and the veepeak adapter and I had a question - what is the best way to accomplish this disconnect idrive bluetooth step? Do you have to forget the bluetooth device on your phone (Android) and remove the phone from idrive and then add it back in after you're done coding? or is there a simpler way?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 11:18 PM   #2366
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

2020 M2C exec package - cornering lights

Hi all - happy new 20 M2C owner. Downloaded bimmercode and successfully completed multiple coding options.

One that doesn't appear to work is corner lighting - I've activated it but can't seem to see it working. Have adaptive lighting and auto high beams turned on...

Any guidance on this? Thought corner lighting was part of package or at least capable of being coded?

Photo attached.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #2367
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterino View Post
Hi all - happy new 20 M2C owner. Downloaded bimmercode and successfully completed multiple coding options.

One that doesn't appear to work is corner lighting - I've activated it but can't seem to see it working. Have adaptive lighting and auto high beams turned on...

Any guidance on this? Thought corner lighting was part of package or at least capable of being coded?

Photo attached.
adaptive lights already move as you turn. "corner lighting" is the use of the left or right side fog light as you turn. Obviously it won't work on our cars since they doesn't have fog lights
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 05:44 PM   #2368
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Quote:

Photo attached.
adaptive lights already move as you turn. "corner lighting" is the use of the left or right side fog light as you turn. Obviously it won't work on our cars since they doesn't have fog lights
Quote:
Quote:

Photo attached.
got it. many thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #2369
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

can anyone recommend me what is the best dongle to use with bimmercode for an iPhone X running iOS 13.2?

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #2370
SimonBam
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
can anyone recommend me what is the best dongle to use with bimmercode for an iPhone X running iOS 13.2?

I use a Kiwi adapter and it works great.
      02-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #2371
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBam View Post
Quote:

Any links to amazon?

**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:45 AM   #2372
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBam View Post
Quote:

Any links to amazon?
https://bimmercode.app/adapters/

Search.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:55 AM   #2373
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i did... the Kiwi is NOT in the list (same page you linked), but I've heard several people here use it with success.

how about the VeePeak OBDcheck BLE+ ?

it's in the list, but I've heard mixed reviews on it.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #2374
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
i did... the Kiwi is NOT in the list (same page you linked), but I've heard several people here use it with success.

A little critical thinking mate

The best dongle to use is the one recommended by the app developer himself

The recommended list is on the website

FWIW. I use the veepeak
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #2375
Daytona_550
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C / '08 550i / '23 330i

Quote:
Quote:

I use the VeePeak OBDcheck BLE+. It's plugged in all the time. Works well for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #2376
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A little critical thinking mate

The best dongle to use is the one recommended by the app developer himself

The recommended list is on the website

FWIW. I use the veepeak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
I use the VeePeak OBDcheck BLE+. It's plugged in all the time. Works well for me.

welp, that settles it...going to give the VeePeak a try

thanks fellas.

Appreciate 0