BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Those of you with catless downpipes

View Poll Results: Soot on rear bumper?
Yes 8 36.36%
No 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

04-13-2019, 08:29 PM   #23
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Poochie;24651721]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM2Power View Post

It's on a stock cat, the piggyback is just disabling or sending a wonky signal to the DME, which in turn is disabling the cat's reading.

Very strange, I know JB4 does not affect 02s directly. Dinan, not sure....

But on a stock cat you should pass if your engine is warmed up and refreshed drive cycle....Nothing should affect idle settings...

Do you run a lot of ethanol...or even just hard driving an agressive tune could damage primary 02, Especially these agressive burble tunes i could imagine..

But if the 02s bad, doesn't explain why its fixed when u unhok the piggy back.

Im smh here? honestly...

The only thing I can think of is codes the piggyback is causing and storing in the dme driving hard w the tune, and now its causing a fail. complete that clear and complete a drive cycle before going in maybe?
      04-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #24
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

[QUOTE=DKM2Power;24651739]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM2Power View Post

It's on a stock cat, the piggyback is just disabling or sending a wonky signal to the DME, which in turn is disabling the cat's reading.

Very strange, I know JB4 does not affect 02s directly. Dinan, not sure....

But on a stock cat you should pass if your engine is warmed up and refreshed drive cycle....Nothing should affect idle settings...

Do you run a lot of ethanol...or even just hard driving an agressive tune could damage primary 02, Especially these agressive burble tunes i could imagine..

But if the 02s bad, doesn't explain why its fixed when u unhok the piggy back.

Im smh here? honestly...
I'm 100% stock except for the Dinan stage 1, I had a JB Stage 1 before without any issues.

However, the JB S1 only plugs into 2 sensors, Dinan takes control of the entire engine' ECU harness and alter the signal it receives before has a chance to interpret the original data from each sensor.

I am asking for helpful information, I have no reason to skew the facts, it's counterproductive, so no.

From what I gather, the ECU is not liking the information it's getting from the piggback and reacting in a close-out state.
Appreciate 0