BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > New m3c owner

03-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #1
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini Huracan

New m3c owner

Hi guys,I'm Italian and I'm new to the forum.i recently ordered the car with this specs

Long Beach blu
788m bicolor wheels
M sport seats
M performance BBK
Carbon fiber interior
Apple car play support

I live close to Monza so I'll be there testing it as soon as I can.

I have a question though. I forgot to add the bmw premium hifi which costs 300€. Is the base version really horrible?
      03-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #2
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fabri View Post
Hi guys,I'm Italian and I'm new to the forum.i recently ordered the car with this specs

Long Beach blu
788m bicolor wheels
M sport seats
M performance BBK
Carbon fiber interior
Apple car play support

I live close to Monza so I'll be there testing it as soon as I can.

I have a question though. I forgot to add the bmw premium hifi which costs 300€. Is the base version really horrible?
Not the best but iirc without the Harman Kardon you're able to upgrade to bavsound without any issues

https://www.bavsound.com/
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #3
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
In the US the HK system is standard. So we can’t help you.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 05:30 AM   #4
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

In Italy there are 3 choices.
The base system which comes with the car,the premium hi-fi and the hk. The hk is a bit overpriced but I managed to get the premium since the car hasn't been built yet. It should be enough for me
      03-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

I have HK on my M3 Comp right now, trust me no difference cause this car is loud, read thin insulation to reduce weight.

I had 5 series before and DSP/HK/surround etc makes huge difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #6
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

I'm sure the 5 series is much better in terms of insulation. I didn't want to spend for the hk like not because of price (well a thousand is stills a thousand ) but because I don't like spending for something I think it's pointless,like the electric seats, but in the same time I don't want to hear horrible sound since I use the car everyday for commuting
      03-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #7
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm sure the 5 series is much better in terms of insulation. I didn't want to spend for the hk like not because of price (well a thousand is stills a thousand ) but because I don't like spending for something I think it's pointless,like the electric seats, but in the same time I don't want to hear horrible sound since I use the car everyday for commuting
Similarly, on my M2c order, I didn't want electric seats, sunroof but I did want HK.

I had hifi in F30 335 M sport then went for the HK with F80 M3..it was a noticeable difference, positively speaking.

One thing I wish was offered on M2 was HUD..ok, and lack of stitching contrast color with M seats..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 02:51 PM   #8
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
I currently have a 328 with hifi and an M2 with HK. I'd say the largest difference between the two systems is in the quality and strength of the bass. If you listen to bass heavy stuff like EDM or HipHop I think there's a pretty noticeable difference between the two systems. If you were to listen to classical, jazz, etc. I doubt the difference would be as obvious.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 01:23 AM   #9
Big Fabri
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
I currently have a 328 with hifi and an M2 with HK. I'd say the largest difference between the two systems is in the quality and strength of the bass. If you listen to bass heavy stuff like EDM or HipHop I think there's a pretty noticeable difference between the two systems. If you were to listen to classical, jazz, etc. I doubt the difference would be as obvious.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't want the hk because I mostly hear podcasts and radio programs but the base version of the stereo was very very bad. Thank God I was able to upgrade 😐. I heard it from a customer car and I was shocked 😐. Ok,it was a car that the dealer give to him while thay had his car but I'd like to know why there are such a crappie stereo systems over premium cars...
      04-02-2019, 12:11 AM   #10
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Similarly, on my M2c order, I didn't want electric seats, sunroof but I did want HK.

I had hifi in F30 335 M sport then went for the HK with F80 M3..it was a noticeable difference, positively speaking.

One thing I wish was offered on M2 was HUD..ok, and lack of stitching contrast color with M seats..
Appreciate 0