BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW switching Apple CarPlay to a subscription based service. $80/year.

01-25-2018, 07:41 AM   #177
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Your Rep is completely full of crap (IHMO)
Not as farfetched as you think. It's the exact reason why Toyota had not implemented Apple Carplay or Android Auto. They recently came to an agreement with Apple, but not Google.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 03:20 AM   #178
serko ex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugzZ BunnY View Post
thats very odd you are having those problems. i haven't experienced any of that since the early idrive sytems. i've had the map lead me to the wrong place but that was way out in rural no where.
I discovered that when iDrive translate/receive a destination from my phone, it often failed to make the translation correctly and direct me to the center of the city.

Maybe it's because I'm living in Hawaii where a lot of the addresses are ##-### format. iDrive cant seem to translate the street number and street name when pulling it from my phone. So instead it just direct me directly to the middle of the city.

Otherwise, I have no issue when manually entering the address from within the car itself except that the maps aren't up-to-date on where the entrance of many destination.

View post on imgur.com

The red star is the correct destination for the entrance of the movie theater i was trying to get to. iDrive routed me to the blue star which would had led me to a path that would require me to make a u turn and some unnecessary driving.

the maps to me just so half ass to me
Appreciate 0