BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Latest Rumors on BMW Z4, 2 Series GC, X2, X7, 6 Series, 9 Series (Automobile Mag)

05-12-2016, 12:57 PM   #111
M4chiavellif82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BEE-EM-DUBLOO M4

I am going to wait for the 11 series.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 01:23 PM   #112
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4chiavellif82 View Post
I am going to wait for the 11 series.
Why not the 12 Series Gran Coupe?
Doesn't lose any doors to the 11 Series and has a more sleek design.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #113
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

FWD has nothing to do with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
I really dont get why your company "sent" you to this forum. Clearly bmw lost interest in building the "ultimate driving machine" (otherwise no fwd 1ser would ever make the light of day). Its all about $$$, filling niches and luxury. And thats ok. I dont own bmw so they are free to do whatever. But why oh why do they pay you to vomit your marketing bs here when this is a fan forum?
Ultimate Driving Machine is not limited by the drive method. It is a product of good engineering and design direction.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #114
angelr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 aw/ir m coupe, 2013 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
You think BMW is the only company with back channel enthusiast forum personas? Every single manufacturer does and a large number of Executives and Upper Management read and sometimes actively participate. I know for a fact Ludwig Willisch reads this site quite frequently and product decisions have been made based off comments by members here. Quite a few last minute changes to the 7er were decided standing with him, drinks in hand, with nothing more than this app open on my phone.

Name one single existing manufacturer that HASN'T evolved in recent times to insure their survival and growth.

I want another m coupe. Show him that
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #115
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
But why oh why do they pay you to vomit your marketing bs here when this is a fan forum?
Actually, what you call marketing BS often contains valuable information about what is to come.

If you don't like reading SCOTT's posts, then you can use the ignore feature. And please, if you need an outlet for hostility, find a heavy bag to hit or something. Playing internet-tough-guy isn't necessary - you're better than that.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 05:06 AM   #116
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

You Said it man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Actually, what you call marketing BS often contains valuable information about what is to come.

If you don't like reading SCOTT's posts, then you can use the ignore feature. And please, if you need an outlet for hostility, find a heavy bag to hit or something. Playing internet-tough-guy isn't necessary - you're better than that.
I have a theory that this fellow works for a rival manufacturer. Either that or he is one of those people put on Earth to test human resolve.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #117
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Looks like if I want a newer replacement for my zed coupe I am going to have to buy a Toyota. What's weird is that I'm probably okay with that.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #118
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The 9er has now been confirmed.

Second: products. We will be expanding our product portfolio in all brands and all segments, including:

Market leadership for BMW in the upper segments.
Expansion of the BMW M programme.
Expansion of the BMW i family.

Our large models strengthen the premium positioning of the BMW brand. We will be introducing an additional BMW model in the luxury class. There will also be a strong new addition to the successful BMW X line-up in 2018, with the X7. Rolls-Royce is also planning a new model with the project name Cullinan. High demand and profitability converge at BMW M, where sales have almost quadrupled since 2010. Now, we will continue to expand BMW M, with new M and M Performance models, including the M2 Coupé, which came out in April. The new M4 GTS was released in a limited edition.
Are there any plans to have a white BMW X6 become a stand-alone model and simply call it Panda? Or if BMW feels ambitious, name it Panda Panda Panda Panda.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 04:08 PM   #119
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Are there any plans to have a white BMW X6 become a stand-alone model and simply call it Panda? Or if BMW feels ambitious, name it Panda Panda Panda Panda.
I am not sure I understand if this is sarcasm?

Anyway there are going to be some interesting flagships for the luxury end of BMW. The X7,iNext(which will be given a proper BMWi name) and the 9er which will be a Power eDrive car.
Attached Images

05-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #120
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I am not sure I understand if this is sarcasm?

Anyway there are going to be some interesting flagships for the luxury end of BMW. The X7,iNext(which will be given a proper BMWi name) and the 9er which will be a Power eDrive car.
Ah, it's a pop culture reference, I was just being facetious. There's an incredibly annoying rap song called "Panda"...it's about how the rapper thinks a white BMW X6 looks like a Panda.

Deep and thoughtful stuff. The X7 will be built in Spartanburg, SC right? That's what the massive investment years ago was for, expanding the factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #121
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Ah, it's a pop culture reference, I was just being facetious. There's an incredibly annoying rap song called "Panda"...it's about how the rapper thinks a white BMW X6 looks like a Panda.

Deep and thoughtful stuff. The X7 will be built in Spartanburg, SC right? That's what the massive investment years ago was for, expanding the factory.
I see.
Yes the X7 will be built in Spartanburg.
      05-14-2016, 04:24 AM   #122
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium
I don't think BMW is gonna sacrifice 1 Hatchback, esp in EU.
I won't miss the 3 Series GT though...
They won't in regards to the 1er. It will just be UKL FWD/AWD instead. The GT's likely aren't going anywhere either and will probably grow globally.
yeah I know, 2 Series is going FWD also.
Bad things....
      05-14-2016, 04:54 AM   #123
jsdh89j9ijkL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: motorcycle

Quote:
Well if it's quieter, lighter, and far less complex, why not? If it's the better choice for $250k+ vehicles, it's probably "good enough" for a $50k - $70k roadster. Folding hard-tops are an answer to a question very few were asking. Most who want a BMW Coupe, don't want a collapsing one. Those who want a drop-top, want one that doesn't swallow the whole boot, isn't plagued with wind noise from all the additional seals, and the mechanics that add extremely precious weight that isn't necessary.

Now that the time of mourning for the death of Naruse-San has finally passed, partnerships are back on track, the BMW/Toyota venture can move forward.
I'll disagree with you. Hard-tops are the preferred option for me, so I'm waiting 12-18mths for when BMW do a 'Mazda' and release a hard-top version. Or I'll probably just go for the new MX-5.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #124
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdh89j9ijkL
Quote:
Well if it's quieter, lighter, and far less complex, why not? If it's the better choice for $250k+ vehicles, it's probably "good enough" for a $50k - $70k roadster. Folding hard-tops are an answer to a question very few were asking. Most who want a BMW Coupe, don't want a collapsing one. Those who want a drop-top, want one that doesn't swallow the whole boot, isn't plagued with wind noise from all the additional seals, and the mechanics that add extremely precious weight that isn't necessary.

Now that the time of mourning for the death of Naruse-San has finally passed, partnerships are back on track, the BMW/Toyota venture can move forward.
I'll disagree with you. Hard-tops are the preferred option for me, so I'm waiting 12-18mths for when BMW do a 'Mazda' and release a hard-top version. Or I'll probably just go for the new MX-5.
LOL wut? I'm not sure I see the "disagree". Z5 and MX-5 are going to be in very different categories...especially price. Z5 Coupe (fixed roof not folding), will be along in 2018.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #125
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
I don't think BMW is gonna sacrifice 1 Hatchback, esp in EU.
I won't miss the 3 Series GT though...
They won't in regards to the 1er. It will just be UKL FWD/AWD instead. The GT's likely aren't going anywhere either and will probably grow globally.
yeah I know, 2 Series is going FWD also.
Bad things....
I wouldn't worry too much...there will still be smaller RWD/AWD models in the lineup.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #126
SF Dede
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
The 1er as we know it will be known as the 2er and will be aligned with MINI IV which moves into the C-Segment as the current MINI Clubman.
In its place will be a smaller MINI model and equivalent BMW that will take the 1er name. There will also be an equivalent SAV model for the segment dubbed X-Cite.
This seems fairly positive to me - if - the 2er remains RWD. Can you comment on that?

I am also a fan of the current 1er hatch and wish it were sold in the US. I'd buy one in a heart beat. Perfect for the city.

The clubman is not bad, except for the barn doors reducing utility and rear visibility, and that back seat which is oddly like a rock in the rear part of the seat pan. It will still find many customers though.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 01:55 PM   #127
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdh89j9ijkL View Post
Quote:
LOL wut? I'm not sure I see the "disagree". Z5 and MX-5 are going to be in very different categories...especially price. Z5 Coupe (fixed roof not folding), will be along in 2018.
Or not. At the moment the rumor mill has BMW sticking with roadsters and Toyota sticking with coupes. See my earlier comment.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #128
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdh89j9ijkL View Post
Quote:
Or not. At the moment the rumor mill has BMW sticking with roadsters and Toyota sticking with coupes. See my earlier comment.
There's more to it and the rumor mill is very much out of the loop. This isn't just a single coupe/roadster pooled project. It's an entirely new modular platform and hybrid/EV drivetrain pooling. There will be quite a few models (coupe, roadster, sedan, and even crossovers). This is one reason why Magna as the first point of assembly is likely to come to fruition.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #129
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

thread closed....

Last edited by YungDro; 12-10-2019 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 09:00 PM   #130
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim
waiting for 0.1 series, grand coupe with a hatch, 2 cylinder quad turbo, x drive, and 12 speed ZF automatic with 4 clutches.
Good plan but I'm waiting a year or two later for the M Sport iPerformance hybrid eDrive version.
      05-24-2016, 11:22 PM   #131
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro
Quote:
I see.
Yes the X7 will be built in Spartanburg.
the song is called Desiigner - Panda

he's praising the X6. he calls a black X6 a phantom. bascially evil. and calls the white one a panda cause his X6 is black and white resembles a panda. the video includes him and kanye west driving fast in a new X6M. the song also went platinum
The white X6 in that video did2ha e the quad exhaust pipes... so I believe he was doing doughnuts in a white 50i M sport....

: