BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Just Ordered 2020 M2C!

03-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #23
newcar55
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgoat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Haiii View Post
i decided to buy new because buying a new 2020 was only $1,500 difference from buying a used 2019. Buying a used 2019 makes sense if the seller is willing to write down a lower selling price on the title, saving you money on taxes.
Do you mind sharing what dealer? I am in Denver, looking to buy one. Wouldn't mind taking a ride from Cali back to CO for a good deal. Not getting anywhere near 10% here.
I wanted to do this too, but if you drive off the lot in California you must pay California's state tax. This is on top of the tax you will pay in Colorado. You either ship your car or buy locally unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #24
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silstream View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
$53-54k? With what options? Its hard to just judge a number without the details...
6 speed manual, Exec Package & Moonroof. However, while I thought we were getting close to the numbers above, the dealer has just wound it back which actually makes the decision easier to just buy new instead... I feel like anyone paying above $54k for a 2019 M2C is going for convenience and the ease of getting the car now vs. waiting...
A few weeks ago, I was offered a brand new on lot car for $59K OTD (PA tax rate). It didn't have a sunroof, but it had carbon mirror caps and executive.

With the market these days. If you wait a few weeks, I'm sure you can do even better.
      03-12-2020, 03:19 PM   #25
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcar55 View Post
I wanted to do this too, but if you drive off the lot in California you must pay California's state tax. This is on top of the tax you will pay in Colorado. You either ship your car or buy locally unfortunately.
I don't think that's correct for CO?

I looked into this when buying my wife's Miata.

You pay CA sales tax, but you're off the hook for SALES tax in CO (unless the amount owed is more than you paid in CA-- then you'd pay the difference).

You will have to pay a VIN Verification fee, and the regular license and registration fees.

If you consider WA, they won't charge tax at all-- you deal with it when you get back to CO.

AZ is a "reciprocity" state-- they'll pull CO sales tax and send it to the state.

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #26
newcar55
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcar55 View Post
I don't think that's correct for CO?

I looked into this when buying my wife's Miata.

You pay CA sales tax, but you're off the hook for SALES tax in CO (unless the amount owed is more than you paid in CA-- then you'd pay the difference).

You will have to pay a VIN Verification fee, and the regular license and registration fees.

If you consider WA, they won't charge tax at all-- you deal with it when you get back to CO.

AZ is a "reciprocity" state-- they'll pull CO sales tax and send it to the state.

R.
You're right, I just assumed that no state would credit you for paying sales tax in another state since I figured they want their revenue. I would listen to flybigjet.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 11:07 PM   #27
sdotc
Registered
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Haiii View Post
Purchased 2018 LCI DCT in November 2018. (when comp had already been released)
MSRP: $60,000
Sale Price: $51,500

Sold my LCI in December 2019

Ordered a new 2020 HS Exec 6MT
MSRP: $61,500
Sale Price: $55,450

I feel like i got a decent deal especially on a new order and not off the lot. It was exactly 10% off msrp. Delivery date is mid May. Cannot wait!
I’m also in LA and am looking for this exact spec. Where can I go to get such a deal?
Appreciate 0