BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Cluster Song Selection

04-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
I have a 3er with id4 and my m2 has id5 with id6lite coded in. When listening to music on my phone in the 3er you can use the knob by the volume buttons on the steering wheel to scroll through playlists and see every song. In the 2 you can only see the current song and can only go back and forth one by one. Is it an istep thing? An iDrive thing? Anyone know if there's a way to code the 2er to get it to show all songs in the cluster display?
Attached Images

04-16-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

I think it's an iDrive thing. I've driven loaner cars from the current gen X, 3, 4, and 5 series all having the same behavior. Only to go back and forward on songs
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

my 2018 with full id6 seems to do what you want...

This is with songs loaded on the internal hard drive. In a folder of all songs by the artist. It lets me cycle through songs in the folder. Not next and previous.

I was never able to get songs to play from my phone, so not sure if it's the same or not. And I don't separate my music by album. So can't test that either. Assuming it's the same, I guess it would be an id5 thing that was changed for id6 but not included in id6l. maybe can reach out to one of the known forum coders and ask them if it's something they can change for you.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #4
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post

This is with songs loaded on the internal hard drive. In a folder of all songs by the artist. It lets me cycle through songs in the folder. Not next and previous.

I was never able to get songs to play from my phone, so not sure if it's the same or not. And I don't separate my music by album. So can't test that either. Assuming it's the same, I guess it would be an id5 thing that was changed for id6 but not included in id6l. maybe can reach out to one of the known forum coders and ask them if it's something they can change for you.
That would be odd if it was a feature available in id4, not in 5, and then available again in 6. Doesn't make much sense. My guess is that it has something to do with apple car play. I should've mentioned that my 3er doesn't have it but my M2 does. I wonder if the same behavior happens when I'm just connected via Bluetooth and not APC. Will check and report back.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2020, 08:45 PM   #5
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
I think it's an iDrive thing. I've driven loaner cars from the current gen X, 3, 4, and 5 series all having the same behavior. Only to go back and forward on songs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post

Turns out the reason for the difference in behavior is because I use apple car play in the M2 while the 3 series doesn't have it so I play music in it through iDrive via bluetooth. Mystery solved.
Appreciate 2