BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Lets talk about the Steering wheel

08-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #45
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Anyone know if the M4 M perf LED steering wheel work on the M2?

I know the CF and M1/M2 buttons will be different, however would everything else work?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 04:14 AM   #46
J.M
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 DCT BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Simply enough, Alcantara wheels are meant to be used with driving gloves as it greatly improves grip. Not a good idea to use in your DD just for the looks.
Best material imho is reversed leather: looks nice and grip is great.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #47
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
That does it for me so happy. Would the airbag have to be taken out though during the process ?
You prob got your answer already but yes, air bag needs to be removed in order to fit the cf trim on the stock steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #48
Glounk
First Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: M2 6mt MG

I was thinking to this myself but I probably let it be done by AD garage!!!! Is it really easy???
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #49
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glounk View Post
I was thinking to this myself but I probably let it be done by AD garage!!!! Is it really easy???
Ryan at IND says its possible to do yourself if your somewhat mechanically inclined. Conversely he says, as a guide, his shop would typically charge 1 hour of labour. Here is a vid on how to remove airbag:

Do so at your own risk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3BF1aivLI
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #50
Glounk
First Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: M2 6mt MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Ryan at IND says its possible to do yourself if your somewhat mechanically inclined. Conversely he says, as a guide, his shop would typically charge 1 hour of labour. Here is a vid on how to remove airbag:

Do so at your own risk

Thank you very much Dabozo
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #51
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
I hate Alcantara on the wheel. I test drove an ATS-V with it on the wheel and could barely hold the wheel. Absolutely ruined my test drive experience.

I am a wierdo, but it's like nails on a chalkboard or taking dishes out of the dishwasher or using a microfiber towel feel. I just can't. I put on disposable gloves. Anyone else a wierdo?

Back on topic, do they make the electronic wheel W/O alcantara?
I'm exactly the same way. Test drove a CTS-V and loathed to touch the steering wheel, it just grosses me out and can't stand it. Then the fact that you lose the heating function with these things you couldn't pay me to use one of these wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #52
WFS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

It's a shame you can't get the carbon fibre with the ///M logo as the M performance just doesn't do it for me.
Appreciate 1
M2Tom1.50
      01-13-2022, 06:12 AM   #53
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Ahaha I love the feel of alcantara. I just got the m performance handbrake to match the open pore/ alcantara of the car and its a treat everytime I have to pull it up or down. So much so that I am getting the shifter wrapped in alcantara (currently have the mperf shifter but I miss the zhp shifter so that is going back on but alcantara). I do also want to get the mperf led screen for a full alcantara party. I love how it feels in the hand and great grip compared to leather.

However you do have to maintain it more but maintaining alcantara is not that hard with the right product/tools.

When alcantara gets filthy it does look and feel nasty
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 07:45 AM   #54
IREALITY
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 and x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
Ahaha I love the feel of alcantara. I just got the m performance handbrake to match the open pore/ alcantara of the car and its a treat everytime I have to pull it up or down. So much so that I am getting the shifter wrapped in alcantara (currently have the mperf shifter but I miss the zhp shifter so that is going back on but alcantara). I do also want to get the mperf led screen for a full alcantara party. I love how it feels in the hand and great grip compared to leather.

However you do have to maintain it more but maintaining alcantara is not that hard with the right product/tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post

Right
Appreciate 1
WayExtra-24.00
      01-13-2022, 09:04 AM   #55
Steelguin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HHS/DCT

Sonax once in a while and a Boar brush. Alcantara on the M Perf wheel looks same as it did new.

I love it.
Appreciate 2
MooMooM21790.50
M2RAW120.00
      01-13-2022, 07:31 PM   #56
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelguin View Post
Sonax once in a while and a Boar brush. Alcantara on the M Perf wheel looks same as it did new.

I love it.
exactly what I use and do. Sonax, clean with sponge, wipe with microfiber then hit it with a brush. Looks brand spanking new, nice and fluffy.
Appreciate 0