BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Studded tyre recommendations

11-23-2022, 11:39 AM   #1
Eugeo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Studded tyre recommendations

Living in a country where studded tyres are needed for part of the year I was wondering if any members from Nordic countries had any recommendations? I plan on daily driving my “new to me” m2 og through the winter and roads are literally ice here off the beaten track/out of the city. Currently using conti icecontact on my wife’s f10 but would be nice to hear off anyone with experience of good studded tyres on 18” 640M.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I run Nokian Hakkepellittas on my winter car and I LOVE them. The 'retractible' stud design makes them just about like regular unstudded tires on dry pavement, but on ice they are phenomenal (and past few years we have gotten a lot of black ice/freezing rain). They are noisy, but I think of it as a performance sound, worth putting up with for the extra security. DK if they will have sizes that will work for you, here is the link: https://www.nokiantyres.com/tyres/pa...studded-tires/

And I've got 3 winters already and no lost studs, still good for upcoming winter, even with a lot of dry pavement driving.
Appreciate 0