BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 XL Tires

03-09-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
Gabhart
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 XL Tires

Being tired of not being able to safely drive on my Pilot Sport 4s tires in the colder weather and not being motivated to change wheel/tire combinations depending on the season I opted to install stock size Pilot Sport All Season 4 XL tires on my new 763M wheels.

Too late now since I made the purchase but does anyone have experience with these all season tires? I figured since they are designated as "Ultra High Performance All Season" they would be a good compromise.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 06:16 PM   #2
goforwand
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp, 2020 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabhart View Post
Being tired of not being able to safely drive on my Pilot Sport 4s tires in the colder weather and not being motivated to change wheel/tire combinations depending on the season I opted to install stock size Pilot Sport All Season 4 XL tires on my new 763M wheels.

Too late now since I made the purchase but does anyone have experience with these all season tires? I figured since they are designated as "Ultra High Performance All Season" they would be a good compromise.
Sorry to revive a thread from the dead but have the same question. I'm in Middle TN where it can get fairly cold in the winter time and can even have some days with occasional light snow.

Is there a good high performance "all-season" tire that folks use? I am getting a set of Rays G025 that will be mounted with summer tires and I can use the 788's as a cold weather set up

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 06:55 PM   #3
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforwand View Post
Sorry to revive a thread from the dead but have the same question. I'm in Middle TN where it can get fairly cold in the winter time and can even have some days with occasional light snow.

Is there a good high performance "all-season" tire that folks use? I am getting a set of Rays G025 that will be mounted with summer tires and I can use the 788's as a cold weather set up

Thanks!
If you already have a 2nd wheel set just get an actual winter tire. “All season” tires aren’t a winter tire.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 01:53 AM   #4
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
If you already have a 2nd wheel set just get an actual winter tire. “All season” tires aren’t a winter tire.
There are very few options for M2Cs especially if you want to stick to stock sizes. If the PA4 are out of stock the best option is probably the Michelin PSAS4 or Continental DWS06+.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2023, 07:40 AM   #5
m2ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: people crazy

My PA4s have made this winter bliss for sure.

Unbelievable in the cold but not the best in the snow/ice.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2023, 06:31 PM   #6
goforwand
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp, 2020 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Not looking for a "winter tire". To me a winter tire is a snow tire like a Michelin X-ICE Snow..an "all season" tire can "handle" a variety of conditions which include freezing temperatures and light snow which the OEM Michelin tires are not designed to handle..in Nashville you don't need a "winter" tire..if it snows, the place shuts down and only my old Evo IX on Blizzacks can get around LOL
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00