BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > help BM3 new Flex Fuel Kit

09-21-2023, 04:39 AM   #1
Sultan hamdi
Sultan Hamdi
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: Bmw F87 2016 M2 OG

help BM3 new Flex Fuel Kit

Hi guys, hope you’re all doing great. Just received my BM 3 flex fuel kit the new updated version. I’m really lost and confused about the installation and how to do it properly. Does anyone have full instruction or detailed instructions or a video that might show how to install the Kit for my BMW, n55 2016 model car
I can only find one video online on YouTube for the installation. It is not very helpful and I cannot figure out how to do the installation myself. Could somebody please help me out
I have sent an email to bm3 But with no answer yet hope you guys can help me. I will link down below the video that I have found for the kit, but it does not really help explaining too much.
Awaiting from you any information thank you

https://youtu.be/uTySAcKhTCw?si=KNxnqwz4eURnEC7N

https://youtu.be/lvYHQIlF1-g?si=UfK9U61wiPmYTZaQ
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 11:21 AM   #2
NEWTRON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

The first video shows you everything you need to do to get the new kit installed. The second video shows you how to install the old kit. What part are you having trouble with?
VRSF RACE IC, FTP CP, VRSF CATLESS DP, BORLA ATAK CATBACK, CTS TURBO INTAKE, MST V2 INLET, PURE STAGE 2, TURBOSMART BOV,FTP TURBO OUTLET, SPOOL FX180, BM3 ETHANOL ANALYZER, PRECISION RACEWORKS COILS, BM3 STAGE 2+ E30
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 11:33 AM   #3
Sultan hamdi
Sultan Hamdi
Saudi Arabia
Rep

The fitting sizes are different they don’t fit also dose the sensor fit under the car or on top of the fuel hat , I don’t understand my car has stock fuel hat
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 07:32 PM   #4
NEWTRON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan hamdi View Post
The fitting sizes are different they don’t fit also dose the sensor fit under the car or on top of the fuel hat , I don’t understand my car has stock fuel hat
The old style connects to the fuel hat. The new style connects under the car where the hard line connects to the soft line. Its near the firewall on the left side.
VRSF RACE IC, FTP CP, VRSF CATLESS DP, BORLA ATAK CATBACK, CTS TURBO INTAKE, MST V2 INLET, PURE STAGE 2, TURBOSMART BOV,FTP TURBO OUTLET, SPOOL FX180, BM3 ETHANOL ANALYZER, PRECISION RACEWORKS COILS, BM3 STAGE 2+ E30
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 03:44 AM   #5
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

F87source
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2023, 04:31 AM   #6
Sultan hamdi
Sultan Hamdi
Saudi Arabia
Rep

From the video I understand that on modified cars with port injection you install it under the car on standard DI cars it is on the fuel hat
That is what the video shows , pls correct me if I am wrong
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 06:53 PM   #7
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
What exact kit did you buy? The old kits mounted on the LPFP top hat and connected to the EKP, the new kits connect under the car and you have to run wires into the cabin to connect to the FEM.

There is a grommet under the fuse box in the engine bay that will run into the passenger foot well, you can take off the passenger side foot well top cover and poke your hands up into the top right corner and feel the grommet. Then on the engine bay side put a piece of duct tape over the grommet so when you push it out from the cabin it doesn't fall into the engine bay and get lost. Once you removed the gromment drill a hole in it for the wire and seal it with silicone. Then run the wire into the cabin and put the gromet back in place. This is how I ran my front parking camera into the cabin.
ZM22813.50
      09-22-2023, 07:10 PM   #8
Sultan hamdi
Sultan Hamdi
Saudi Arabia
Rep

Hey guys thank you for your support, I had been in contact back and forth with BM3 and they will be sending me a new kit , apparently the kit that they sent although labeled N55 Fx it was for Gx or Supra , they are shipping me a new kit as I am writing this to you , hopefully I will have it here by Monday and have installed by the end of the day ,
Thank you again for your support and I will be updating you step by step
Appreciate 1
F87source7251.50
      09-22-2023, 10:33 PM   #9
ericlr1225
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Hey guys thank you for your support, I had been in contact back and forth with BM3 and they will be sending me a new kit , apparently the kit that they sent although labeled N55 Fx it was for Gx or Supra , they are shipping me a new kit as I am writing this to you , hopefully I will have it here by Monday and have installed by the end of the day ,
Thank you again for your support and I will be updating you step by step
Shit happens. Lost my package from amazon yesterday too. Cheer up!
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2023, 11:13 AM   #10
vrooooom
New BMW owner
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Well that’s definitely sh*t. Duh! But good thing they got you figured and set soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 03:16 PM   #11
Sultan hamdi
Sultan Hamdi
Saudi Arabia
Rep

BM3 sorted me out the sent me a new kit that fits my car and all is gooooooood and the car flys with E30
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2023, 05:21 PM   #12
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
What exact kit did you buy? The old kits mounted on the LPFP top hat and connected to the EKP, the new kits connect under the car and you have to run wires into the cabin to connect to the FEM.

There is a grommet under the fuse box in the engine bay that will run into the passenger foot well, you can take off the passenger side foot well top cover and poke your hands up into the top right corner and feel the grommet. Then on the engine bay side put a piece of duct tape over the grommet so when you push it out from the cabin it doesn't fall into the engine bay and get lost. Once you removed the gromment drill a hole in it for the wire and seal it with silicone. Then run the wire into the cabin and put the gromet back in place. This is how I ran my front parking camera into the cabin.
This man consistently blows me away with his knowledge and willingness to help out the community.
Appreciate 2
F87source7251.50
vrooooom325.00
      09-27-2023, 06:47 PM   #13
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
This man consistently blows me away with his knowledge and willingness to help out the community.
I try my best to help!

This is what I used to do with my m235i and Jb4 as well, and I first saw Rwalker post this on n54tech. The difference is I didn't need to use any tool to poke the grommet out, I placed duct tape to prevent it falling into the engine bay, and I sealed the hole with silicone afterwards. Also running the wire into the cabin was really easy as well, you just push the wire through the hole and it falls into the passenger foot well. (Samething will apply on RHD cars because the driver side has this exact same plug expect it is used for the clutch pedal).

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=965394

There's 2 methods, this grommet or the larger grommet that the fuse box wires run through (Bm3's youtube video shows that method). I prefer using this little grommet because you don't have to run anything into the fuse box, and the wire enters a bit lower and all by itself. Plus a replacement plug is super cheap.