BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Why I'm selling my M2 Competition after 3 months!

12-19-2020, 07:42 PM   #45
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I think BMW was smart in locking the ECU. It makes you buy an M2CS if you want more power. And they protect the engine and cooling from unapproved tunes.

Personally, I have never tuned any of my BMWs. I am quite happy with my stock power.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 04:49 AM   #46
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wern3r View Post
Now that the engine is sorted out I love the car!
I wish I could keep it and have both cars, but depreciation is steep on the M2 Comp.
The GT4 will definitely be slower then my tuned M2C in street driving.
We did some test runs after new tune and the car did a 100-200km/h time of 6.6s.

I'm thinking of getting a m140i xdrive as second car. The B58 engine has huge potential and now that the new Supra uses that engine there will be plenty of aftermarket part.
So you did bench unlock it? :
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 04:50 AM   #47
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison kayy View Post
I have a post July 2020 build m2 competition.

I have managed to tune the car by replacing my DME with a pre lock one.

Had to change 4 modules including the gauge cluster and head unit (module). Works fine tune it as normal.

When the time comes I can pull it out throw my stuff back in or even warranty issue BMW won’t ever know anything was touched.

I don’t know if anyone else has had success in doing so I mite be the first. Tried putting an M4 DME in but their was issues with the power class and everything worked but it kept getting into reduced power. Using an M2 Comp DME works perfectly,

Could always sell the set up when I’m done I’m sure it’ll be a hot option for people wanting to tune their cars post July DME locks
Drop me a DM with what modules you changed please
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 08:54 AM   #48
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:

Had to change 4 modules including the gauge cluster and head unit (module). Works fine tune it as normal.

When the time comes I can pull it out throw my stuff back in or even warranty issue BMW won’t ever know anything was touched.

I don’t know if anyone else has had success in doing so I mite be the first. Tried putting an M4 DME in but their was issues with the power class and everything worked but it kept getting into reduced power. Using an M2 Comp DME works perfectly,

Could always sell the set up when I’m done I’m sure it’ll be a hot option for people wanting to tune their cars post July DME locks
How would you explain no log data on the DME for a long period of time and during whatever happened that required a warranty claim? I dont think this will work for that.
Appreciate 2
omasou2085.50
      01-09-2021, 04:37 PM   #49
Harrison kayy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:

How would you explain no log data on the DME for a long period of time and during whatever happened that required a warranty claim? I dont think this will work for that.
I can't explain that I don't know much of the details.

Problem was bmw has a power class lock which the car goes into limp mode once it starts because they tried using a M3 DME first. They re wrote the whole
Program and at the end it didn't work.

If you get all 4 modules which costs around 5k aud dno what it costs in the US. If you get a pre locked m2 Comp DME you can swap them over it will work. Obviously the km or miles on the gauge cluster you pick up will have to stay put. It's a bit of playing around but they did manage to do it that way. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 08:26 AM   #50
ICantDrive4Sht
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Competition

Something doesn't add up. N55 with 480hp with stock turbos? Lol.
Good track car out of the box, so you bought M2C in the hopes that you would be able to make 700hp? How in the hell is that a good track car unless you're a pro driver. Stock car and good suspension/tyre setup would smoke that
Appreciate 0