BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > *** M2 Competition (S55) support now available with bootmod3 ***

11-21-2018, 07:07 AM   #67
b18flip
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b18flip View Post
Just flashed the CS map to start with and turned off cold start today .
Nice, how does it feel when compared to stock? Is your car a DCT or 6MT?
It's a DCT. Haven't fully opened it up as I got a few codes. Tried just clearing them but they just came back. Sorry, total newb and waiting on support to reach out and help resolve it. Digging around I did see that I need to try "online recode". I'll
See how that works out after work. Loving the no cold start though 👍
Appreciate 1
Karmic Man1996.00
      11-23-2018, 06:07 AM   #68
b18flip
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 328i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Quote:
Just flashed the CS map to start with and turned off cold start today .
Nice, how does it feel when compared to stock? Is your car a DCT or 6MT?
It's a DCT. Haven't fully opened it up as I got a few codes. Tried just clearing them but they just came back. Sorry, total newb and waiting on support to reach out and help resolve it. Digging around I did see that I need to try "online recode". I'll
See how that works out after work. Loving the no cold start though 👍
Online recode addressed the codes 👍👍. Loving the power bump, noticeable and smooth delivery. great first map.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #69
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
For those of you lucky enough to own the new M2 Competition with the S55 engine, this one is for you

Full support added including access to all of the S55 OTS maps that have been tested and refined through bootmod3 since 2015, now sitting at Version 8.5.

These maps are identical to the other S55 OTS maps and that includes the FREE CS, CSL and GTS maps as well which you can import in the editor and compare with your own stock M2 Competition map if you're inclined to see and learn about the difference factory takes in tuning, or should we say 'detuning', your S55 motor.

Any questions let us know, all the best
Quote:
For those of you lucky enough to own the new M2 Competition with the S55 engine, this one is for you

Full support added including access to all of the S55 OTS maps that have been tested and refined through bootmod3 since 2015, now sitting at Version 8.5.

These maps are identical to the other S55 OTS maps and that includes the FREE CS, CSL and GTS maps as well which you can import in the editor and compare with your own stock M2 Competition map if you're inclined to see and learn about the difference factory takes in tuning, or should we say 'detuning', your S55 motor.

Any questions let us know, all the best
When are you guys releasing the stock M2C map in case it needs to be flashed back?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #70
Trapperj
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
When are you guys releasing the stock M2C map in case it needs to be flashed back?
Stock map is available anytime to flash back to. I reckon the decision to be made is if you flash back to stock ......or stock and locked? If a routine dealer visit, then perhaps just stock. Now if you have broke something I’d suggest to go all the way with stock & locked.

Maybe someone in the know will chime in ?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 08:00 PM   #71
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperj View Post
Quote:
Stock map is available anytime to flash back to. I reckon the decision to be made is if you flash back to stock ......or stock and locked? If a routine dealer visit, then perhaps just stock. Now if you have broke something I’d suggest to go all the way with stock & locked.

Maybe someone in the know will chime in ?
In the list of available tunes for the M2C, the stock map is not listed, only the stock map for the m3, which is obviously different.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #72
Trapperj
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In the list of available tunes for the M2C, the stock map is not listed, only the stock map for the m3, which is obviously different.
Don’t know this for certain, but if you click on “My maps” isn’t your stock map downloaded & saved there and able to be reflashed anytime? I didn’t look to hard for the stock map, but I’d look there first. I figured someone would have posted by now. Maybe turkey hangover?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #73
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperj View Post
Quote:
Don't know this for certain, but if you click on "My maps" isn't your stock map downloaded & saved there and able to be reflashed anytime? I didn't look to hard for the stock map, but I'd look there first. I figured someone would have posted by now. Maybe turkey hangover?
It has the M3 stock map. However, I received feedback from the forum that it can be done using the online tune feature.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 01:09 AM   #74
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Should people with a 6MT have any concerns flashing their M2c's?

I recently watched this youtube video and Tommy from this youtube channel flashed his F80 6MT M3 and after flashing he could not drive his car correctly. Lots of jerkiness with the 6MT and the tune together.

He has actually flashed his vehicle back to stock and not running a tune due to not being able to drive his 6MT M3 correctly with the tune.

Is this issue corrected with Bootmod and 6MT owners?? Are these tunes developed for a 6MT or DCT vehicles?
Foyc55 in post 42 above has a 6MT that's running on 100% E85. He hasn't mentioned any issues.

What might be the problem?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #75
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Quote:
It has the M3 stock map. However, I received feedback from the forum that it can be done using the online tune feature.
Every car that activates with bootmod3 gets a matching stock tune auto-generated. The software IDs that show up during activation are for that purpose. In our case there's no way to use some other car's software (such as M3 on an M2C for example that you mentioned). That in fact is one of the nice advantages to using bm3 over many other solutions out there. We don't alter the software IDs on the car.

Unfortunately from what we've seen out there over the past 2 years is many other tuners use one and the same flavour of an OEM GTS file and alter it (some more than others) and flash that to their customer cars. When they decide to try bm3 they'd try and activate and it'd be clear GTS software ids were on a non-zcp or zcp S55 for example. Some of those tuners don't even take the time to adjust the oil level to standard S55 levels (GTS has a larger oil pan/oil capacity) nor do they turn off the water injection system and people get water injection codes thrown when running those tunes. With bootmod3 this can never happen as activation is tied to the exact software IDs the car came with stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Foyc55 in post 42 above has a 6MT that's running on 100% E85. He hasn't mentioned any issues.

What might be the problem?
Person in that vid is using a different tool, not bootmod3. There are no such issues with bootmod3 that we're aware of.

Appreciate 4
FSociety3810.00
SUB-ZERO291.50
Karmic Man1996.00
      11-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #76
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Person in that vid is using a different tool, not bootmod3. There are no such issues with bootmod3 that we're aware of.

proTUNING Freaks First of all, that's great that the M2C with 6MT on BM3 tunes don't have issues with the clutch.

Why do you say that he's using a different tool though? He clearly says he's got a BM3 tune:

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 11:00 AM   #77
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
proTUNING Freaks Why do you say that? He clearly says he's got a BM3 tune?
That person doesn't have the issue The issue mentioned was around the non-bm3 tune in the vid posted earlier. They may have resolved that as well since though.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3810.00
Lotus99627.00
      11-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #78
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Stage1 or Stage2 maps can be run with stock cats...
FSociety Really? You sure? What's the hardware requirements for Stage 2 then? I'd always heard tuners refer to Stage 2 cars as requiring high flo / catless DP's.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 07:03 AM   #79
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
FSociety Really? You sure? What's the hardware requirements for Stage 2 then? I'd always heard tuners refer to Stage 2 cars as requiring high flo / catless DP's.
S55 is not N55 for starters

- With Competition Pkg cars exhaust is less restrictive than non-competition pkg cars.
- High Flow or Catless is recommended but not a must for STG2 OTS maps
- AGG maps are a MUST for Catless because Burbles are very aggressive !
- Upgraded Turbo Maps (2H) are a MUST as well

It varies per individual cases

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Last edited by FSociety; 11-29-2018 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 12:50 AM   #80
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
S55 is not N55 for starters

- With Competition Pkg cars exhaust is less restrictive than non-competition pkg cars.
- High Flow or Catless is recommended but not a must for STG2 and higher applications
- AGG maps are a MUST !
- Upgraded Turbo Maps (2H) are a MUST as well

It varies per individual cases
OK, I have no idea what you're talking about now. This whole thread is about the S55 engine in the M2C. Who brought N55 engines into the discussion?

Let's start again. I asked about the difference between stage 1 and 2 (for the M2C, obviously), and Reid pointed out that for stage 2, DP's are recommended, which has always been my understanding as well as how tuners universally label their stages also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
Stage 1 is for stock cars and for stage 2 downpipes are recommended.
Then you replied to him that stock DP's are also fine for stage 2 maps, which was news to me, so I asked where you got your info from.

Quote:
Stage1 or Stage2 maps can be run with stock cats, but any of the AGG Burble maps is recommended to have catless downpipe if used for long-term so you don't damage the stock cats.
Why don't you share a source / link regarding that?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 06:58 AM   #81
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
OK, I have no idea what you're talking about now. This whole thread is about the S55 engine in the M2C. Who brought N55 engines into the discussion?

Let's start again. I asked about the difference between stage 1 and 2 (for the M2C, obviously), and Reid pointed out that for stage 2, DP's are recommended, which has always been my understanding as well as how tuners universally label their stages also.

Then you replied to him that stock DP's are also fine for stage 2 maps, which was news to me, so I asked where you got your info from.

Why don't you share a source / link regarding that?
I get my answers from the source, being involved with the platform for over 2yrs as well.

These questions have been asked about million time from same people who don't search or read through manual or pages. I think I remember you from the X3 section lol

bootmod3 enthusiast group on Facebook; use search feature on left side you will see this

S55 main thread in M3/M4 section also has this info too

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 07:55 AM   #82
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

does the key ever expires? bought a tune recently through a vendor, deciding if I should flash now or till spring
      11-29-2018, 08:20 AM   #83
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
does the key ever expires? bought a tune recently through a vendor, deciding if I should flash now or till spring
No expiry date
Appreciate 4
Spare°257.50
FSociety3810.00
      11-30-2018, 08:46 AM   #84
aassad1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Someone mentioned something to me about dealerships being able to tell how many times an ECU has been flashed and that is a way they know whether or not to look at the cars logging for more boost than under normal conditions. Is this a way a dealership could flag a car that has been flashed and then returned to stock and locked?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #85
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aassad1 View Post
Someone mentioned something to me about dealerships being able to tell how many times an ECU has been flashed and that is a way they know whether or not to look at the cars logging for more boost than under normal conditions. Is this a way a dealership could flag a car that has been flashed and then returned to stock and locked?
I talked to the dealer on this. They said only reason they flash back is to load updates. It's not bc they care u have a tune on the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 10:08 AM   #86
Kuervers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C HS,6sp 16 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
Was thinking same thing have chargepipes to install and was thinking of waiting for dry roads to take it for a quick spin with tune then back to storage. Is it may yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 05:21 PM   #87
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I get my answers from the source, being involved with the platform for over 2yrs as well.

These questions have been asked about million time from same people who don't search or read through manual or pages. I think I remember you from the X3 section lol

bootmod3 enthusiast group on Facebook; use search feature on left side you will see this

S55 main thread in M3/M4 section also has this info too
Good for you that you know so much. But I don't understand what's up with your superiority complex. And yes, I have an X3. Bravo, Mr. Sherlock. It's right below my avatar, and I use the same username across the forums. So what?

Funny how you never answered the question, ironically. Nice deflection. And thanks for the help.

I'll go digging for that information. No problem. There is nothing in the "manual" though about the stages, as you claim. It is baffling why this information is not easily accessible for somebody who is new to this, and researching their options.

Whereas other tuners, with their map notes, are crystal clear about hardware requirements. They even go as far as saying what is required, versus what is just recommended. Like Cobb, as you can see.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Map Notes for BMW N54 Accessport (7).pdf (431.3 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by Lotus99; 11-30-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 03:00 PM   #88
Spare°
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
No expiry date
I'm currently reflashing my car to stock after having installing the GTS transmission map. First of all: from the get go, the gear and shifting setting was no longer showing up when driven in auto mode (manageable).
Then suddenly, my car basically went into "limp mode": car couldn't surpass 3k and the gear shifter/paddles no longer gave me any response: I couldn't switch to manual mode, paddles didn't shift...
Any advise/recommendation?
Appreciate 0