BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M2C Dinan vs Meisterschaft Exhaust

01-15-2021, 04:35 PM   #1
ozmartini
Rep
Drives: 21 M2C

M2C Dinan vs Meisterschaft Exhaust

Been looking for an exhaust system that retains the valved functionality of the car in stock form. Seems like the only reasonably priced ones are Dinan or Meisterschaft:

https://gthaus.com/product/bmw-f87-m2-cs-coupes55-2019/

https://www.dinancars.com/products/e.../D660-0082-BLK

For those that have either exhaust systems, can you rate the following (if stock is 5/10):

Volume:
Sound: (subjective, I know)
Drone:

Any other comments would be much appreciated. In general I like the sound from the stock exhaust but I would appreciate more volume in the cabin in sport/sport+. Also don't want it to drone. And tbh, anything to get rid of that ugly udder.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
Dark-Yoda
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BSM M2C

Garage List
im not sure about dinan's, but they are a much more reputable company than gthaus.. just look at their better business report.

i would not buy the meisterschaft.. i bought it. it took them 11 months to get it to me, lied to me every month about ship-time, and then when it finally got to me, it was the wrong exhaust.. i had to blow up their instagram comment ssection to get the one i actually ordered. and, guess what? it didnt fit, i had to cut then re-weld the rear "muffler" to make it fit. also, the mid pipes touch the chassis when its cold, making the car shake, and, on top of that, the valves do not work. im not sure what valve system they were meant for, but it is the opposite of whatever the m2c needs. i ended up wiring them open. i'm planning to either weld them open or ditch the exhaust entirely. oh, and once the exhaust got to me, they went cold and wont answer any calls/emails about my issues. the guy who helped install it told me he would've thrown it through their shop window if he was the one who bought it. absolutely shit experience, almost ruined buying car parts for me. thankfully, i met some great companies afterwards.
Appreciate 1
CLOUT49.50
      01-27-2021, 10:59 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

REMUS retains the stock valve and sounds the best in my opinion. You can make it a full exhaust by adding the active autowerke midpipe

GTHaus is more aggressive than Dinan with some added rasp.
Dinan has a deeper tone

It's all a matter of preference

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #4
ozmartini
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Yoda View Post
im not sure about dinan's, but they are a much more reputable company than gthaus.. just look at their better business report.

i would not buy the meisterschaft.. i bought it. it took them 11 months to get it to me, lied to me every month about ship-time, and then when it finally got to me, it was the wrong exhaust.. i had to blow up their instagram comment ssection to get the one i actually ordered. and, guess what? it didnt fit, i had to cut then re-weld the rear "muffler" to make it fit. also, the mid pipes touch the chassis when its cold, making the car shake, and, on top of that, the valves do not work. im not sure what valve system they were meant for, but it is the opposite of whatever the m2c needs. i ended up wiring them open. i'm planning to either weld them open or ditch the exhaust entirely. oh, and once the exhaust got to me, they went cold and wont answer any calls/emails about my issues. the guy who helped install it told me he would've thrown it through their shop window if he was the one who bought it. absolutely shit experience, almost ruined buying car parts for me. thankfully, i met some great companies afterwards.
Thanks for the response, this is very good to know. Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 01:25 PM   #5
Dark-Yoda
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BSM M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmartini View Post
Thanks for the response, this is very good to know. Appreciate it!
You are very welcome! I don't want anyone else to have to go through that.
I now have a $5k paperweight

i would go with akrapovic or possibly the AA equal length mid and whatever axleback, if i could do it again.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmartini View Post
Been looking for an exhaust system that retains the valved functionality of the car in stock form. Seems like the only reasonably priced ones are Dinan or Meisterschaft:

https://gthaus.com/product/bmw-f87-m2-cs-coupes55-2019/

https://www.dinancars.com/products/e.../D660-0082-BLK

For those that have either exhaust systems, can you rate the following (if stock is 5/10):

Volume:
Sound: (subjective, I know)
Drone:

Any other comments would be much appreciated. In general I like the sound from the stock exhaust but I would appreciate more volume in the cabin in sport/sport+. Also don't want it to drone. And tbh, anything to get rid of that ugly udder.
Why not get the AA EL Midpipe,

https://store.activeautowerke.com/co...active-f-brace

With their new valved exhaust.

https://store.activeautowerke.com/co...xhaust-section
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 08:54 PM   #7
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Yoda View Post

Not surprised to hear that GT Haus (formerly known as Eisenhaus) customer service and quality still sucks. I used to have a Meisterschaft titanium exhaust for my E46 M3. After a few months, the inside baffle broke off and you can constantly hear pinging inside the muffler. Finding someone to cut and weld back titanium is NOT cheap. All Eisenhaus did was mail be a titanium welding rod. A single rod. That $2800 something exhaust back then ended up getting sold for $200 to someone that didn't mind the pinging noise. GT Haus = stay away unless you like to throw away money and time.
Appreciate 1
CLOUT49.50
      02-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #8
ozmartini
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
Yeah, decided to go with AA EL Midpipe for now. Might get their axleback further down the line if I feel like I need more volume.
Appreciate 0