BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > REMUS Exhaust BMW M2 Competition|Official Pictures & Videos|

01-23-2021, 12:38 PM   #287
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceramic Rabbit View Post
I didn't realize that Remus made a mid pipe, i don't mind the sound stock it's just way too quiet and the muffler hangs way too low

would you recommend the midpipe? how much does it change the sound?
He is asking about the Active Autowerke midpipe not the REMUS one.

For a louder sound, i recommend the active single midpipe.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 01:33 AM   #288
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
I would caution anyone ordering the remus midpipe for non OPF cars. I spoke to Remus AU and they confirmed it does require slight modification, it is definitely not a cut and clamp affair as the remus mid pipe is designed for OPF cars in mind so the piping doesn't line up.

Any competent exhaust shop can do it but factoring the labour it is definitely not worth the cost just for deleting the resonator.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 09:09 AM   #289
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

Where are the exhaust flap positions in Efficient and Sport+ with DSC off?

I noticed mine in S+ DSC off is the passenger side fully open and the driver side is 2/3 open, but everything sounds fine (crazy loud with lots of pops and crackles on throttle lift off in S+ DSC off and quiet like stock in Efficient)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 08:35 PM   #290
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Can't wait to get it fitted
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      02-19-2021, 03:50 AM   #291
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Congrats !!
      03-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #292
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Some said The Joe Achilles had some dash lights after installing the race slip on from remus. My car has fully warranty I live in US , if I will install the the Remus cat back I will get any lights ? I don’t want to loose warranty that’s why I’m asking . Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 11:31 AM   #293
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew30azs View Post
Some said The Joe Achilles had some dash lights after installing the race slip on from remus. My car has fully warranty I live in US , if I will install the the Remus cat back I will get any lights ? I don’t want to loose warranty that’s why I’m asking . Thanks
US cars don’t have the OPF, which was triggered on Joe’s car. No issues for US cars. 20k miles, no issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 12:35 PM   #294
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
US cars don’t have the OPF, which was triggered on Joe’s car. No issues for US cars. 20k miles, no issues.
What is the OPF ? I ordered car is us but I’m not sure if the car ison the production in Germany from
What I know but they gonna send it here in us.
Sorry for stupid questions I’m totally green I want to upgrade my exhaust for sure and I don’t want to loose my warranty
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 02:25 PM   #295
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
What is the OPF ? I ordered car is us but I’m not sure if the car ison the production in Germany from
What I know but they gonna send it here in us.
Sorry for stupid questions I’m totally green I want to upgrade my exhaust for sure and I don’t want to loose my warranty
OPF = Particulate filter. North American cars just get secondary catalytic converters. The euro cars with a particulate filter throw an error code if it senses a change in back pressure. Either way, you won’t have the issue with a North American car. Essentially the problem is unique to cars with OPFs and I think Remus issued a revision to solve the problem on Euro cars anyways.

North American Cars = 2 Primary Cats which has sensors and 2 secondary cats that don’t

Euro Cars = 2 Primary Cats which has sensors and 2 particulate filters which also have sensors
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 04:20 PM   #296
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
OPF = Particulate filter. North American cars just get secondary catalytic converters. The euro cars with a particulate filter throw an error code if it senses a change in back pressure. Either way, you won’t have the issue with a North American car. Essentially the problem is unique to cars with OPFs and I think Remus issued a revision to solve the problem on Euro cars anyways.

North American Cars = 2 Primary Cats which has sensors and 2 secondary cats that don’t

Euro Cars = 2 Primary Cats which has sensors and 2 particulate filters which also have sensors

Thank you So much for explanation. I have The last question , if im gonna get The remus catback exhaust im not going to avoid warranty ? There is a huge diffrent between stock and that Remus exhaust ? Even if we still have resonator and literally everything stock beside the catback ?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 04:24 PM   #297
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Or what do you think , i should keep stock muffler paint and Put it aa midpipe ? What is better ?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 04:38 PM   #298
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you So much for explanation. I have The last question , if im gonna get The remus catback exhaust im not going to avoid warranty ? There is a huge diffrent between stock and that Remus exhaust ? Even if we still have resonator and literally everything stock beside the catback ?
Anytime. No issues with warranty. They don’t void the entire car’s warranty, just the component that was modified. So in this case, the only moving part would be exhaust valve actuators.

I think it makes a huge difference. It’s deeper and less raspy than the stock exhaust. I kept all my cats as the car makes more than enough power and as someone who has asthma, I appreciate clean air. Some people pair the Remus with AA, but I think that would be a bit too loud for my tastes.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 05:13 PM   #299
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Anytime. No issues with warranty. They don’t void the entire car’s warranty, just the component that was modified. So in this case, the only moving part would be exhaust valve actuators.

I think it makes a huge difference. It’s deeper and less raspy than the stock exhaust. I kept all my cats as the car makes more than enough power and as someone who has asthma, I appreciate clean air. Some people pair the Remus with AA, but I think that would be a bit too loud for my tastes.

Less raspy ? Mean less Crakles noises ? I like that cracles and burbles from the exhaust , it’s much louder then stock ? I see you have lot of knowledge, the second option what I checked was dinan catback with xpipe. What do you think about these twos ? Dinan seems cheaper option . But I’m not sure if this is better then Remus
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #300
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Less raspy ? Mean less Crakles noises ? I like that cracles and burbles from the exhaust , it’s much louder then stock ? I see you have lot of knowledge, the second option what I checked was dinan catback with xpipe. What do you think about these twos ? Dinan seems cheaper option . But I’m not sure if this is better then Remus
Raspy like Honda Civic with a loud exhaust. Never heard the Dinan so can’t speak to that exhaust. Dinan tends to milder in sound in my experience with other BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 08:17 AM   #301
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Raspy like Honda Civic with a loud exhaust. Never heard the Dinan so can’t speak to that exhaust. Dinan tends to milder in sound in my experience with other BMWs.
So if i live in us and I just ordered The car here Im not gonna have any problemos
With this opfs? Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:04 AM   #302
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
So if i live in us and I just ordered The car here Im not gonna have any problemos
With this opfs? Thanks !
Correct

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #303
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPineapple View Post
Just installed the Remus Racing Exhaust with AA midpipe. Very happy with it. There are a few of these threads so apologies for the repeat posts.

Race or sport ?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #304
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM View Post
I just had the Remus race plus AA mid pipe installed yesterday on my m2c with DCT. And my first impression is wow this is exactly what I want in an exhaust set up. It’s loud but definitely not too obnoxious. I love the deep sounding of this combo. The braaap upshifts are amazing and so are the pops and crackles. There really isn’t any drone except you do notice that there’s an exhaust there. I would say that the only downside of this setup are the cold starts. It brings out the worst sounds in the s55.
I’m glad to hear that cause I ordered same setup ! Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 02:40 AM   #305
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Nice!! Getting mine fit tomorrow. Chuffed
Appreciate 1
AUSf222689.50
      04-01-2021, 03:01 AM   #306
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
You're going to love it! has a very deep and nice tone to it, the rear box is perfect for my non OPF car (for me at least). Also got a bit deeper after a month, driven it plenty now and it's true sound has come out.

Are you going to do the res delete also to get a bit more sound for your EU spec car?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 03:20 AM   #307
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You're going to love it! has a very deep and nice tone to it, the rear box is perfect for my non OPF car (for me at least). Also got a bit deeper after a month, driven it plenty now and it's true sound has come out.

Are you going to do the res delete also to get a bit more sound for your EU spec car?
Awesome, glad you like it! I will do res delete but leary of OPF errors. I reckon after warranty I will tune and do an EL mid pipe, especially if I'm getting OPF errors ala Joe Achilles
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #308
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Awesome, glad you like it! I will do res delete but leary of OPF errors. I reckon after warranty I will tune and do an EL mid pipe, especially if I'm getting OPF errors ala Joe Achilles
Ah yes, very fortunate for us .. that we don't have to deal with the OPFs.

Which tip options did you opt for?
Appreciate 0