BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Dinan Exhaust for M2C

08-20-2020, 07:33 PM   #111
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
M2C exhausts have finally begun to come out of production the last 2 days (and shipped) after some nightmarish supply problems (and high demand). So we should have at least most of the current backorder resolved within the next week or so. Will be fulfilled in the order they were recieved.
Long-time Dinan customer here.

Upon news that your free-flow exhaust was finally released, in June, I was told it would arrive late, on August 3rd. On August 3rd, Dinan promised it would arrive between Aug 17-21. Today (Aug 20th), I'm told that not only has the product not been shipped yet, it hasn't even hit production. New date (without guarantees): Sept 17th.

Your unending development and production delays, and your never-ending list of excuses are unfortunate -- though understandable. Lying to your customers, stringing them along, and wasting their time is unacceptable.

If I ran my business like you run yours, I wouldn't be able to afford one of your expensive metal tubes, in the first place.

Make this right, Dinan.
First BIMMERPOST post hulk smash.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
pz6193275.50
      08-23-2020, 06:19 AM   #112
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Yea. Initially orders were supposed to ship the first week of August, but a delay pushed it to the 3rd week of August. Hopefully they purchased more material for this second run since the demand was higher than expected I think. They might have additional stock ready to ship later this month as well Dinan_Engineering .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji550i View Post
It's not demand issue but more of a business issue to me. I am still waiting for mine since June and the local dealer Dinan dealer kinda gave up hope and offered to refund my deposit.
M2C exhausts have finally begun to come out of production the last 2 days (and shipped) after some nightmarish supply problems (and high demand). So we should have at least most of the current backorder resolved within the next week or so. Will be fulfilled in the order they were recieved.
Hi @dinan_engineering, were some units completed and shipped or are all of the "post-June" units delayed until Sept?
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #113
CountSmurfula
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 HS M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
Hi Dinan, were some units completed and shipped or are all of the "post-June" units delayed until Sept?
I ordered at the beginning of June. No exhaust yet.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      08-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #114
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountSmurfula View Post
Quote:
Hi Dinan, were some units completed and shipped or are all of the "post-June" units delayed until Sept?
Did you order direct from Dinan or third party? I ordered from X-Ph latter half of July.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #115
CountSmurfula
Private
United_States
Rep

I ordered from X-Ph as well.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      08-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #116
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I ordered from X-Ph as well.
Ok, awesome, update us here if you see any movement and likewise I'll do the same. Cheers
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2020, 11:30 AM   #117
CountSmurfula
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, awesome, update us here if you see any movement and likewise I'll do the same. Cheers
Will do! I should probably check my junk mail just in case...
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      08-24-2020, 07:58 AM   #118
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieF View Post
Long-time Dinan customer here.

Upon news that your free-flow exhaust was finally released, in June, I was told it would arrive late, on August 3rd. On August 3rd, Dinan promised it would arrive between Aug 17-21. Today (Aug 20th), I'm told that not only has the product not been shipped yet, it hasn't even hit production. New date (without guarantees): Sept 17th.

Your unending development and production delays, and your never-ending list of excuses are unfortunate -- though understandable. Lying to your customers, stringing them along, and wasting their time is unacceptable.

If I ran my business like you run yours, I wouldn't be able to afford one of your expensive metal tubes, in the first place.

Make this right, Dinan.
Quote:
Hi @dinan_engineering, were some units completed and shipped or are all of the "post-June" units delayed until Sept?
Quote:
All backorders from May/June/July were built and shipped this past week with exception of 3 (one from June and 2 from July). All remaining additional backorders are from August orders. We are back waiting on some additional raw materials to come in to start cranking those out again. Good news is the missing pieces right now are not long lead time stuff so barring any major hiccups there hopefully shouldnt me any major additional delays moving forward.

Anyway -- I'm guessing the June one is Robbie's based on shipping info but thats just an educated guess. Honestly not sure why that one was not filled before some of the others were shipped but there may be something else going on there for all I know (dealer requested the order be shipped complete with other items that may not have been available is a common reason as an example).

Regardless -- if each of you can PM me your dealer/who you ordered from and the order number, PO, or anything like that from those dealers that would assist me in pinning down which order is whose and get you some specific information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
First BIMMERPOST post hulk smash.
lol
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #119
RobbieF
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 6 Spd

Quote:
All backorders from May/June/July were built and shipped this past week with exception of 3 (one from June and 2 from July). All remaining additional backorders are from August orders. We are back waiting on some additional raw materials to come in to start cranking those out again. Good news is the missing pieces right now are not long lead time stuff so barring any major hiccups there hopefully shouldnt me any major additional delays moving forward.

Anyway -- I'm guessing the June one is Robbie's based on shipping info but thats just an educated guess. Honestly not sure why that one was not filled before some of the others were shipped but there may be something else going on there for all I know (dealer requested the order be shipped complete with other items that may not have been available is a common reason as an example).

Regardless -- if each of you can PM me your dealer/who you ordered from and the order number, PO, or anything like that from those dealers that would assist me in pinning down which order is whose and get you some specific information.

lol
I appreciate the explanation, and the help in getting to the bottom of this. I'll provide you with the requested info in a DM.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      09-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #120
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Will do! I should probably check my junk mail just in case...
I'm assuming yours has shipped? Dinan just updated that mine has not and I'm number 6 in the "third run" of things. Hopefully shipping sometime this decade.

Even though I ordered July 25th from X-PH the order wasn't received by Dinan until Aug 13th..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 08:04 PM   #121
CountSmurfula
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm assuming yours has shipped? Dinan just updated that mine has not and I'm number 6 in the "third run" of things. Hopefully shipping sometime this decade.

Even though I ordered July 25th from X-PH the order wasn't received by Dinan until Aug 13th..
I contacted Mike at X-PH and I will be in the next batch. I will let you know when I get an update so you will have an idea of how your order is progressing.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      09-02-2020, 02:22 PM   #122
leftcoastq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

I'm in the end of September batch myself. Order placed 8/4 with XPH.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #123
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I contacted Mike at X-PH and I will be in the next batch. I will let you know when I get an update so you will have an idea of how your order is progressing.
I just got an update from XPH today, supposedly shipping Monday, 7 Sept, directly from Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #124
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just got an update from XPH today, supposedly shipping Monday, 7 Sept, directly from Dinan.
Disregard, XPH has their wires crossed as Dinan updated that the current run units still aren't ready yet as they are still awaiting supplier parts. Dang it!
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2020, 11:11 AM   #125
jenks.chris106
Jenkies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I, 2020 M2 Compet

About to pull the trigger, will this with the x-pipe have any implications on the warranty
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 01:38 PM   #126
StackedM2C
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 m2c

would like to know how much louder this actually is from someone with the system...
way too hard to tell in the videos unfortunately
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0o...R6EYk-oIdduslA
04 330CI / 18 440I MPE / 18 M2 N55 / 02 M3 / 20 M2C
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 12:08 AM   #127
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4

Any updates on these shipping out? I ordered in August and it still hasn't arrived.

Would also love to hear from more who have installed it – are you enjoying it? Anyone have any new videos?
'20 BMW M2 Competition (6spd, Euro-delivered July '19)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 02:01 PM   #128
jenks.chris106
Jenkies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I, 2020 M2 Compet

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
Any updates on these shipping out? I ordered in August and it still hasn't arrived.

Would also love to hear from more who have installed it – are you enjoying it? Anyone have any new videos?
I just got an invoice this week, was told jan 22nd
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #129
Tupps11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

So does it combine easily with the AA single midpipe?

Been analyzing some photos and looks like some cutting of the Dinan side is required
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 08:34 PM   #130
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

I just got my car on the December 30th after missing European delivery dates all last year. Due to the delays everyone discussed, I waited to order the Dinan exhaust until the car was in hand.

I reached out to a few folks and heard the 7-10 day shipping window was still valid as of Monday (Jan 14).

Just talked to my Dinan shop - ship date is extended another month.

Not sure how it was a week only 3 days ago and something shifted to a month but seems to be the trend here...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 04:44 PM   #131
redgs4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenks.chris106 View Post
About to pull the trigger, will this with the x-pipe have any implications on the warranty
I'm not sure how this might impact the warranty unless you complained about an exhaust leak at the clamps.
And the car can be returned to stock, although with clamps at the cut point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupps11 View Post
So does it combine easily with the AA single midpipe?

Been analyzing some photos and looks like some cutting of the Dinan side is required
I don't think it can be combined with the AA mid due to where the Dinan merges with the stock system.
These pics also fall into the where do your put your stock exhaust thread [back side of garage].
Ziplocks to keep the bugs and critter out.

Attached Images

Last edited by redgs4; 01-23-2021 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 08:54 PM   #132
E90076
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M, M2CS, M5CS

Anyone have any experience with AA midpipe and the Dinan rear + x pipe? I'm looking for the least raspy option and everyone swears by the AA but from all the clips I've listened to, the Dinan appears to be the least raspy...albeit a much more expensive option...
Appreciate 0