BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > VO 1M meets LBB M2 at Dutch sneak preview

04-05-2016, 05:45 PM   #45
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Do you like it better this way ?

Attachment 1395687
Hell yeah lol good job! Best edited photo so far
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 06:06 PM   #46
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

What an awesome presentation
      04-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #47
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

The wheel arches of the 1M are much more prominent than the M2.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 09:47 PM   #48
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca335 View Post
More prominent because they're also more goofy.

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 10:43 PM   #49
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Nice pics! But I would like to see the originals (before Photoshop) to get a better impression of what they looked like IRL. They kind of look like a Cosmo cover with all that post processing.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2016, 03:28 AM   #50
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
I love this picture ! Look how happy the M2s back end looks compared to the 1M. The 1M got a better looking back end for sure but the M2 back end looks so happy Makes me wanna listen to the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOWDb2TBYDg

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 05:31 AM   #51
mgbmwm2
Rep
Drives: no comment

1M looks a lot more blocky and pronounced which I actually prefer. (kinda reminds me of audi) However I just cannot stand those goofy headlights and the taillight also looks out of proportion. (seems too small compared to the full figure).

On the other hand I still have mixed feelings towards the M2's headlight as well, mostly due to looking too organic compared to other counterpart. Still, they are growing on me and after playing NFS origin I actually thought they looked pretty slick from all angle except for the front.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 06:41 AM   #52
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
I love this picture ! Look how happy the M2s back end looks compared to the 1M. The 1M got a better looking back end for sure but the M2 back end looks so happy Makes me wanna listen to the song
That picture might be called "Cars With Balls".
      04-06-2016, 07:06 AM   #53
vampire81
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C / '19 ZL1

the LBB always stunning,, in all lighting situations
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #54
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Fantastic photos - thanks for posting!
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #55
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

I actually think the 1M front looks better - dare I say???
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 02:53 PM   #56
juyeop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13 STI & 13 E92 M3

Man, I gotta tell you though. I love 1M design better than M2 and I've been on M2 bandwagon for the record.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #57
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
I still like the overall looks of the 1M. The M2 has a goofy looking rearend and taillights.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #58
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
The M2 has a goofy looking rearend and taillights.
Uh, what about the goofy looking 1M headlights???

You have the see the M2 in person, rear of the car looks great IMO
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #59
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
I still like the overall looks of the 1M. The M2 has a goofy looking rearend and taillights.
You can't seriously be calling the M2 compared to that monstrosity of a car... Lol.... It's sick... But the M2 is way more sinister, without looking like a goofball.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #60
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
You can't seriously be calling the M2 compared to that monstrosity of a car... Lol.... It's sick... But the M2 is way more sinister, without looking like a goofball.
Hm, below a couple of 2016 comments about that "goofball".

Though mine is gone (to a good new home), I'll keep respecting it for all the right reasons.

----------------------------------------------------
Top 10 BMWs of the past 100 years
March 8th, 2016
7. BMW 1 Series M – When BMW developed the 1 Series M, many weren’t sure of how it would turn out. Made from what seemed like leftovers, the 1M was an amalgamation of the 1 Series chassis and some M Division parts from a couple of different M cars. So it didn’t seem like a proper M car to many fans. However, what we got was simply incredible. It took all preconceived notions of it being a Frankenstein car and through them out the window. The BMW 1M is still one of the best driving cars of BMW’s modern era. It's the car that other small M cars will look up to for the rest of the brand’s history. The little underdog BMW 1M went from a Frankenstein car to one of the most revered BMW’s in the last 20 years.
(source: here)
BMW 1 Series M Coupe now worth more than other models that were nearly twice as expensive new

BMW's rare, high-performance 1M Coupe is actually worth more now than it was when new, an unprecedented feat.
February 25, 2016
BMW's least expensive M-badged offering from 2011 has reached a small but significant milestone: It's now worth more than all of the other far costlier like-badged models it once shared showrooms with. [...]
Cars that manage to retain their original sales values -- or exceed them -- are extremely unusual. On average, after five years, a typical automobile is worth roughly 40 percent of what it cost when new. Some in-demand new cars and trucks can command a premium for a short period of time after launch, but such instances are rare, and generally very short lived. On occasion, six- and seven-figure exotics from companies like Ferrari and Lamborghini manage this feat, but at the BMW's comparatively terrestrial price point, it's all but unprecedented.
Which older BMW M Cars will be good investments?
January 25th, 2016
There are some ways to determine what is going to be a future classic, a car that will be worth considerably more in the future than what someone pays for it now. Things like age, rarity, importance and popularity all play a factor in what might make a car increase in value. And being that we’re BMW fans here, let’s make a look at some BMW M cars that might be good investments in the future. [...]
The BMW 1 Series M is a car we’ve talked about being a good investment quite a bit. It was a strange car for BMW, but in a very good way. It was made from a sort of collection of BMW M parts and was sold in very limited numbers. It also gained a cult following for its old-school BMW performance that brought back memories of cars like the BMW 2002 tii and the E30 M3. The 1M is one of the best driving BMWs of the 21st century and has already gone up in value since when it was new. They’re expensive to buy right now because of that, but its value should only continue to rise so getting one now might not be a bad idea.
      04-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #61
NiceGuyEddie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Quote:

Though mine is gone (to a good new home), I'll keep respecting it for all the right reasons.

March 8th, 2016
7. BMW 1 Series M – When BMW developed the 1 Series M, many weren’t sure of how it would turn out. Made from what seemed like leftovers, the 1M was an amalgamation of the 1 Series chassis and some M Division parts from a couple of different M cars. So it didn’t seem like a proper M car to many fans. However, what we got was simply incredible. It took all preconceived notions of it being a Frankenstein car and through them out the window. The BMW 1M is still one of the best driving cars of BMW’s modern era. It's the car that other small M cars will look up to for the rest of the brand’s history. The little underdog BMW 1M went from a Frankenstein car to one of the most revered BMW’s in the last 20 years.
BMW 1 Series M Coupe now worth more than other models that were nearly twice as expensive new

BMW's rare, high-performance 1M Coupe is actually worth more now than it was when new, an unprecedented feat.
February 25, 2016
BMW's least expensive M-badged offering from 2011 has reached a small but significant milestone: It's now worth more than all of the other far costlier like-badged models it once shared showrooms with. [...]
Cars that manage to retain their original sales values -- or exceed them -- are extremely unusual. On average, after five years, a typical automobile is worth roughly 40 percent of what it cost when new. Some in-demand new cars and trucks can command a premium for a short period of time after launch, but such instances are rare, and generally very short lived. On occasion, six- and seven-figure exotics from companies like Ferrari and Lamborghini manage this feat, but at the BMW's comparatively terrestrial price point, it's all but unprecedented.
January 25th, 2016
There are some ways to determine what is going to be a future classic, a car that will be worth considerably more in the future than what someone pays for it now. Things like age, rarity, importance and popularity all play a factor in what might make a car increase in value. And being that we’re BMW fans here, let’s make a look at some BMW M cars that might be good investments in the future. [...]
The BMW 1 Series M is a car we’ve talked about being a good investment quite a bit. It was a strange car for BMW, but in a very good way. It was made from a sort of collection of BMW M parts and was sold in very limited numbers. It also gained a cult following for its old-school BMW performance that brought back memories of cars like the BMW 2002 tii and the E30 M3. The 1M is one of the best driving BMWs of the 21st century and has already gone up in value since when it was new. They’re expensive to buy right now because of that, but its value should only continue to rise so getting one now might not be a bad idea.
Goddamn right.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #62
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

March 8th, 2016

February 25, 2016
January 25th, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
Goddamn right.
Nothing I said goes against that? lol, Artemis you know I love the 1M

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 01:38 AM   #63
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534
Quote:
More prominent because they're also more goofy.
M2 fenders are boring.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2016, 04:41 AM   #64
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
M2 fenders are boring.
I'd say M4 fenders are, but M2 fenders boring? Having seen the car irl I have to disagree, though 1M off course is way more square/pronounced off course.

Both are great. 1M more character/special/weird lookswise but not really cute/sexy
M2 more rounded literally and sexy and really goodlooking as a whole.

Imho.

Cheers
Robin

Last edited by Robin_NL; 04-07-2016 at 04:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 07:38 AM   #65
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Awesome presentation!!

The M2 is a great product, and it certainly suppasses the 1M and the iconic/legendary E30 M3 on all technical aspects...

Everything on paper gives the win to the M2 over its elders...

But if you are going to talk about soul satisfying feeling, the M2 just cannot replaces the 1M, just as the 1M never has replaced the E30 M3...

I love all three for slightly different reasons...

I still think the 1M is one of the greatest looking car and great achievment from Bmw...
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2016, 06:24 PM   #66
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
Uh, what about the goofy looking 1M headlights???

You have the see the M2 in person, rear of the car looks great IMO
I agree the 1M has doe-eyed headlights but I still think the rear has a kind of bubble butt look on the M2. I don't like the rear reflector position and the sunken taillight look. The front end on the M2 looks better in person and pics don't do it justice as you mentioned.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0