Robin
Appreciate 2
      05-04-2016, 01:47 AM   #2
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

I like the bit about the M2 feeling faster than the speed you're actually travelling at...a good sign
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #3
wigit
Rep
Drives: M2 on order

Good to see they have given it a 5 star rating now as initially a 4.5
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 05:43 PM   #4
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL
That website is infuriating.
      05-05-2016, 11:10 PM   #5
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Pretty good article. After owning this car for ~3weeks now, 2400 miles later.. I can say these two pieces from the article are 100% accurate.

"This is a car that can mess with your impression of speed, so it often feels like you're going much quicker than you actually are."

"In fact, with the traction control left on (even in its more relaxed MDM state) it feels less of a safety net and more of a frustration. If you choose to reach an angle of slide that is just a touch too great, the computer kills all the fun immediately. If you do prefer the added security of some traction control, and you don’t attempt too large a slide, the MDM still allows for some fun – even if you do have to make do with the auto blip downshifts."

Has anyone else tried kicking out the back in Sport+? With a MT? Because almost every time I attempt this TC kicks on. Pressing the traction control button in Sport+ seems to disengage Sport+ mode or almost as its back in comfort.
      05-05-2016, 11:29 PM   #6
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc View Post
Has anyone else tried kicking out the back in Sport+? With a MT? Because almost every time I attempt this TC kicks on. Pressing the traction control button in Sport+ seems to disengage Sport+ mode or almost as its back in comfort.
It should be the same as in the M235i: if you hold down the traction button until it goes into full DSC OFF mode, you'll have tight steering, aggressive transmission (if 8AT or DCT), stiff suspension (M235i only), and comfort throttle for better control. All traction nannies will be off.

A quick press of traction button does put you in comfort mode but with DTC off (MDM traction level I think). That mode is really just for snow.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #7
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCirc View Post
Pretty good article. After owning this car for ~3weeks now, 2400 miles later.. I can say these two pieces from the article are 100% accurate.

"This is a car that can mess with your impression of speed, so it often feels like you're going much quicker than you actually are."

"In fact, with the traction control left on (even in its more relaxed MDM state) it feels less of a safety net and more of a frustration. If you choose to reach an angle of slide that is just a touch too great, the computer kills all the fun immediately. If you do prefer the added security of some traction control, and you don’t attempt too large a slide, the MDM still allows for some fun – even if you do have to make do with the auto blip downshifts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
It should be the same as in the M235i: if you hold down the traction button until it goes into full DSC OFF mode, you'll have tight steering, aggressive transmission (if 8AT or DCT), stiff suspension (M235i only), and comfort throttle for better control. All traction nannies will be off.

A quick press of traction button does put you in comfort mode but with DTC off (MDM traction level I think). That mode is really just for snow.
I tested this out a little last night and it seemed like when I would switch DCS all the way off, it seemed like the throttle map matched sport, not comfort.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #8
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Hold the TC button down for four seconds to shut it completely down. Then hang on!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 12:50 AM   #9
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I tested this out a little last night and it seemed like when I would switch DCS all the way off, it seemed like the throttle map matched sport, not comfort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Hold the TC button down for four seconds to shut it completely down. Then hang on!!!
Oh trust me I know how to turn off TC but I just thought Sport+ was supposed to give you a little more play. I've gotten the car to kick out pretty nice in damp/wet conditions and it is quite stable and fun. But on dry roads in Sport+ I have not had any luck.