BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Is the M2C 6MT an acquired taste?

04-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #45
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Agree 100%. After driving the Miata's manual transmission, it became clear what great really is.

I previously had one on order and backed out due to practicality. But it's still in the back of my mind how great this car is compared to the M2C. Still having a hard time deciding on which one to take home with me.

Recently also threw in the Boxster T to the mix.
I have no regrets with the M2C, but when I see an ND in the wild, I can't help but think OH MANNNN SHOULD I HAVE GOTTEN THAT.

ND's are even more amazing with a few "Flyin' Miata" mods. Prior to ordering the M2C I was going to spec and order a MY2020 Ceramic White Metallic ND2 Club with the black top and the BBS package. (Not gonna lie, I still want one, lol.)
You and me both! I'm 90% sure I will get the M2C at this point. But boy I wish I can get the ND. The whole argument of practicality and something better for long distance crushing put me out of that dream...for now.

Glad there are some very sensible people who do not scoff at the Miata
      04-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #46
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
You and me both! I'm 90% sure I will get the M2C at this point. But boy I wish I can get the ND. The whole argument of practicality and something better for long distance crushing put me out of that dream...for now.

Agreed! What's funny is that of all the things to nitpick, lack of space was what killed it for me. When my gf and I took the 7th test drive (I still just couldn't pull the trigger yet) together, it was so apparent that there just wasn't any ROOM for us to sit comfortably, much less bring anything bigger than a pencil, lol.

Granted, the M2C is a weekend car for me as the ND2 would've been, (and I typically never have anything in the car with me on weekend drives) but the thing is, if I wanted to go on a long weekend trip and needed to bring luggage, stuff, etc., I want the room available to do it.

Unfortunately the ND2 just fails there, but absolutely shines at being a great drivers car.

But that's why I have ZERO regrets with the M2C. It's a BRILLIANT sports coupe AND it has a bit of practicality to where it can fit my lifestyle. Glad to hear you're getting one too!
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      04-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #47
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed! What's funny is that of all the things to nitpick, lack of space was what killed it for me. When my gf and I took the 7th test drive (I still just couldn't pull the trigger yet) together, it was so apparent that there just wasn't any ROOM for us to sit comfortably, much less bring anything bigger than a pencil, lol.

Granted, the M2C is a weekend car for me as the ND2 would've been, (and I typically never have anything in the car with me on weekend drives) but the thing is, if I wanted to go on a long weekend trip and needed to bring luggage, stuff, etc., I want the room available to do it.

Unfortunately the ND2 just fails there, but absolutely shines at being a great drivers car.

But that's why I have ZERO regrets with the M2C. It's a BRILLIANT sports coupe AND it has a bit of practicality to where it can fit my lifestyle. Glad to hear you're getting one too!
I'm glad you're loving the M2C and you're having the same type of fun as the ND.

Even more powerful with your testimony is how you're using your M2C as your "weekend" toy. In that regard, the driving pleasure and experience is paramount vs. what someone is looking at for a DD
      04-23-2020, 09:57 PM   #48
cardstocks
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki__ View Post
Almost a year and a half living with it and no complaints.

Side note: I am tempted to switch to the Aluminum M Performance knob, any feedback would be appreciated.
I've heard that the Aluminum Knob can get very hot in the summer sun. You might need a glove to shift after it's been parked for even a few minutes.
Appreciate 3
ki__409.00
chris7197331.50
Moflow2484.50
      04-24-2020, 04:10 PM   #49
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstocks View Post
I've heard that the Aluminum Knob can get very hot in the summer sun. You might need a glove to shift after it's been parked for even a few minutes.
I used to burn my hand on my 350Z shifter on occasion and that only had a small amount of aluminum on it. It would've suuuucked (and been undrivable until it cooled down) if the whole thing was aluminum.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #50
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbchris View Post
That's what I mean. They made too wide a sweet spot with the clutch. Whereas something like a Miata has a really narrow sweet spot. But if you know where it is, you can let the clutch out fast, and feel a sense of accomplishment. Really good connection from man to machine.
Lots of bmw guys are Miata fans too
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 10:09 PM   #51
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Quote:

dude, you took 7 test drives? that seems...excessive.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 12:14 AM   #52
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Well, you had 2 previous 911's, so you were a bit spoiled haha. Comparing the M2C manual to that of a 911, not even close. Clutch feel, pedal spacing, and shifter in a 911 is just about perfect to me.

M2C 6MT is a very fun car nonetheless, makes lots of fun noises after I put on a AA catback system. I'm very happy with mine.
Appreciate 1
baege1328.00
      04-26-2020, 06:51 AM   #53
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Well, you had 2 previous 911's, so you were a bit spoiled haha. Comparing the M2C manual to that of a 911, not even close. Clutch feel, pedal spacing, and shifter in a 911 is just about perfect to me.

M2C 6MT is a very fun car nonetheless, makes lots of fun noises after I put on a AA catback system. I'm very happy with mine.
actually it was 2 981 Cayman S's but the 6mt in there is pretty awesome

But I agree , I really enjoy the m2c, the 6mt is good enough such that's it is still enjoyable and of course there are so many other things to love about the m2c (and this is coming from someone with a stock one that hasn't even passed break in)
Appreciate 0