BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

05-15-2021, 09:03 PM   #2575
Daytona_550
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C / '08 550i / '23 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
Any chance the newly installed "software" made these modules unavailable to BC?
My theory is that because the modules were updated to the newest software versions, they will not be functional until the Bimmercode app is updated by the developers to support that version. It happened to me when I retrofitted the LCI gauge cluster in my car. The associated module eventually reappeared for me several weeks (or months) later, after an app update. I really don't remember how long it took but it took some time. I'm assuming you're in the same boat, in which case just be patient and they should return on their own. Just make sure to have auto-updates for your apps turned on and check back after an update. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long.
Thanks!

I sent a support message to BC. Hopefully an update to the app is in the works.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 09:14 PM   #2576
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Query:

If the dealer reflashes to reset/eliminate Bimmercoding, will that also reflash the engine DME?

i.e. If I have a Carbahn tune installed, but want to update to the latest software, can I do it without nuking the Carbahn tune?

I don't think so, but I figured I'd ask.

TIA--

R.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 07:44 AM   #2577
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Query:

If the dealer reflashes to reset/eliminate Bimmercoding, will that also reflash the engine DME?

i.e. If I have a Carbahn tune installed, but want to update to the latest software, can I do it without nuking the Carbahn tune?

TIA--

R.
Coding is done on a per module basis. The DME is it's own module. If the dealer is only updating a specific module (let's say your REM was faulty and got replaced) it wouldn't affect the DME software or any of the coding done in your other modules. If you're going in and asking for a full istep update, that's going to update every single module in the car, so no your tune wouldn't be preserved and you'd have to reflash it afterwards (assuming the newest software doesn't lock your DME).
      05-16-2021, 11:41 AM   #2578
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Quote:
Query:

TIA--

R.
Coding is done on a per module basis. The DME is it's own module. If the dealer is only updating a specific module (let's say your REM was faulty and got replaced) it wouldn't affect the DME software or any of the coding done in your other modules. If you're going in and asking for a full istep update, that's going to update every single module in the car, so no your tune wouldn't be preserved and you'd have to reflash it afterwards (assuming the newest software doesn't lock your DME).
Thanks- a very clear and concise explanation.

So, if I wanted to keep the DME (CarBahn engine) tune, but update all other software (i.e. wipe out all BimmerCode updates and return all settings to stock) what (specifically) would I tell the dealer to do?

Thanks.

R.
      05-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #2579
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks- a very clear and concise explanation.

So, if I wanted to keep the DME (CarBahn engine) tune, but update all other software (i.e. wipe out all BimmerCode updates and return all settings to stock) what (specifically) would I tell the dealer to do?

Thanks.

R.
You would presumably ask them not to update the DME but update everything else I suppose. I'm honestly not 100% sure what to say as I've never been in that specific position before. There's also the possibility that they turn you down and say they can't do it that way. If that happens then perhaps look into an indy coder like kubax86 or a company such as bimmertech. Maybe shoot them an email/pm and ask about it.

Side note: if your only goal is to wipe out all of the coding you've done (and the updated software is of no importance to you) that could be easily done in ESYS by you or a coder, and it wouldn't require any istep updating.
      05-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #2580
Daytona_550
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C / '08 550i / '23 330i

Quote:
Quote:
Any chance the newly installed "software" made these modules unavailable to BC?
My theory is that because the modules were updated to the newest software versions, they will not be functional until the Bimmercode app is updated by the developers to support that version. It happened to me when I retrofitted the LCI gauge cluster in my car. The associated module eventually reappeared for me several weeks (or months) later, after an app update. I really don't remember how long it took but it took some time. I'm assuming you're in the same boat, in which case just be patient and they should return on their own. Just make sure to have auto-updates for your apps turned on and check back after an update. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long.
For anyone interested, I received a reply from Bimmercode Support:

"Hi, please use "Check for update" in the settings in the app and perform a data update"

The next time I opened Bimmercode, a prompt within the app automatically suggested an "update". All modules are now available and I was able to code as needed.
Appreciate 2
AndrewC198910931.00
Rumbloki176.00
      05-18-2021, 04:03 PM   #2581
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
For anyone interested, I received a reply from Bimmercode Support:

"Hi, please use "Check for update" in the settings in the app and perform a data update"

The next time I opened Bimmercode, a prompt within the app automatically suggested an "update". All modules are now available and I was able to code as needed.
Awesome, glad you got it sorted
      09-29-2021, 08:37 AM   #2582
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Hi all, quick question...have used Bimmercode for various cars in the past. A couple of weeks ago I used it to do some light coding on my new M2C. I went back in this morning as I wanted to make a couple of tweaks but I was not able to code anything. I got into the app fine, it connected to the car fine, the menus all look the same...but when I go into a specific module, the code button on the top right is greyed out, ie cannot click on it. Tried it for several other modules, same thing. So now I am "stuck". Any ideas? TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 10:55 AM   #2583
rudyv1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmonkey View Post
I am getting the following error on my display.
'connect usb device with correct activation code to start navigation'
I tried to restore the back ups but it didn't seem to fix the issue.

I called the 'geniuses' and BMW lol but they said I could not get the code from them and needed to take the car in.

Has anyone else seen this message or had this issue.
Is there a Fix for this exact "activation code" issue?
I have the identical issue after coding with Bimmercode (not using expert mode either) :-(
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #2584
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyv1 View Post
Is there a Fix for this exact "activation code" issue?
I have the identical issue after coding with Bimmercode (not using expert mode either) :-(
You need your original factory issued Map FSC Code file. PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 09:18 AM   #2585
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Only ? for those who have coded very recently, were you able to turn off ASD w/ bimmercode?
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:09 PM   #2586
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWYER View Post
Only ? for those who have coded very recently, were you able to turn off ASD w/ bimmercode?
Yeah works fine.

Don't "disable" ASD with Bimmercode option as it can be difficult to restore it without Esys.

Simply select a different engine type in ASD options, this will stop ASD from working and you can simply reselect S55 when you want it back on again.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 10:37 AM   #2587
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Yeah works fine.

Don't "disable" ASD with Bimmercode option as it can be difficult to restore it without Esys.
Thanks but I have no plans to restore it.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #2588
Mrchin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 WhtBMW 328i Coupe Beast

Hi. I know this is old. But can I use this to reflash a. Issue after a mechanics replaced my E70 X5 air compressor which now triggered a faulty fuel sensor code and the sticking rear windows. Fuel guage now errors to empty with check engine o. For fuel sensor high.

I wanna be able to reset my ECM without having to pay the dealer to reflash my computer.

Will bimmercode work?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 02:33 AM   #2589
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchin View Post
Hi. I know this is old. But can I use this to reflash a. Issue after a mechanics replaced my E70 X5 air compressor which now triggered a faulty fuel sensor code and the sticking rear windows. Fuel guage now errors to empty with check engine o. For fuel sensor high.

I wanna be able to reset my ECM without having to pay the dealer to reflash my computer.

Will bimmercode work?
No Bimmercode isn't for that. You need ISTA dealer software for that sort of diagnostics.

Or Esys for module flashing.

Or maybe older stuff for E series.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 03:48 PM   #2590
cvitt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWYER View Post
Yeah works fine.

Simply select a different engine type in ASD options, this will stop ASD from working and you can simply reselect S55 when you want it back on again.
How can it be ? Isn't it supposed to do another sound from the various engines sounds proposed into the expert mode ?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 08:09 PM   #2591
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
It can't be done..

It's locked out and the software is not written to allow Sport+ on start up because of liability reasons; as S+ partially disables the stability control.

BMW wants you to acknowledge that traction is limited when you hit Sport+, so it will never be a default-on option, ever.

Same as when you program Sport+ into the M1 & M2 buttons on the M2C, the system still ask you to confirm that you're aware of limited stability every time you hit the button.
Came across this when searching on default steering and just to clarify, it can't be done as you say, but Sport+ does not affect stability control or prompt you on an M2C. MDM prompts you, Sport+ does not.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 06:10 AM   #2592
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvitt View Post
How can it be ? Isn't it supposed to do another sound from the various engines sounds proposed into the expert mode ?
Older vehicle yes, my 2015 M6GC you could change engine sound - was funny to choose a 2.0litre diesel engine

But since about 2016/17 they locked this so if you select any other engine other than the correct one it just blocks ASD, turns it off.

So in that respect its better to turn off ASD that way in bimmercode than use the "disable" command which then you can't put it back on again.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 05:38 PM   #2593
seanthony
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2

Hi all, I currently have bimmercode and was wondering how I could use bimmercode to code the mirrors to fold in on locking the car with key fob and Comfort access while keeping windows rolled down until held for a couple seconds. Currently, Bimmercode has let me set up the car so that both windows and mirrors fold in simultaneously and I pretty annoying when I want to leave the windows cracked in hot weather.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 12:35 AM   #2594
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Mine does that standard?

Shorter press for mirrors.

Longer press for windows up. But when Windows are rising they stop when your let go of fob button anyway so you can leave them cracked that way.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 04:24 PM   #2595
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

I used to have a Vgate that worked well, until the support was discontinued and I finally made the transition to UniCarScan 2100. It arrived last week, but I can't seem to get my phones to connect to it. It will pair, but it will not connect. Comes up with being able to enter the "1234" to pair, but just can't connect. I'm using a OnePlus 7, and a Samsung S22. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, having the M2C, do I still select M2 for coding? I was confused for a bit seeing as it has the S55 engine, I thought i might need to select M4/M3.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 01:52 PM   #2596
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Gang - silly question here, so I’m not sure if this a German/English translation thing…but I am trying to double validate that ASD is off. IMO, wording could be improved for clarity.

The attached screenshot of BimmerCode…does that mean ASD is off? I read the statement as ‘ASD Deactivation’…a binary yes or a no ( is ASD active or not). Also, BimmerCode does not allow me to change the setting…and I apparently I don’t have a backup to revert back to.

I have both BimmerLink and BimmerCode; in BLink, the ASD setting is OFF. Do they affect each other?
Attached Images